Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander

High Definition Trailer Review

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Shalashaska Jun 3 2006, 08:30 AM
High Definition Trailer Review

First of all, let me provide you with a link to download a super ultra high resolution version of the supcom E3 trailer.
HERE

It is in quicktime player, and is a massive 293.05 MB, about twice the resolution and screen size of the wmp one featured on the portal and gamespot, its the best quality version of the trailer avalable anywere.
(perhaps sumone could get around to adding this to the vids section)

Anyway, here is my Analysis of the trailer, picking out all the important things (well picking out basicaly everything in the trailer, its all important smile.gif ), sum of them only clear with this new uber resolution.

Dont forget to click the thumbnails for the exclusive ultra high quality screenshots biggrin.gif

IPB Image
The Supreme Commander, in wonderful cinematic quality, basicaly your main constuction unit, who happens to be the size of a sky scaper, and armed with tactical nukes, aswell as many other things, it could lay waste to ya average C&C dozer tongue.gif

IPB Image
Nice shot of its head, wich is probably wer the human pilot sits, this is the only unit in your entire arsenal that has a human inside, every other unit is controlled by the supcom.

IPB Image
This shot shows a quantum gate, wich is used to transport the supcom to another world, in the backround a human city can be seen, its very likely the location is earth.

IPB Image
First frame of in-game graphix, showing an earth-like planet, with forests and a lake and mountain range in the backround, many other worlds will be avalable to play on, and only a few like this one look similar to earth, so dont worry tongue.gif

IPB ImageIPB Image
The supcom teleports in, disturbing the peace and making a massive shockwave destroying a large area of forest in the process, wildlife reserve wont be happy about this tongue.gif

IPB Image
Ya base building begins, this is presumably a constuction HQ type structure.

IPB ImageIPB Image
The constuction continues, note the HQ building now looks slightly diferent with 2 towers at the top instead of one, this indicated upgrades affect buildings apearances.

IPB Image
The completed base, as fighters and bombers disembark on a mission, ground forces are visable allso, aswell as the many diferent types of stucture and defences.

IPB Image
Close up, showing the detail and animations of certain structures.

IPB Image
Small mechs prepare to be loaded onto hovering transports, while larger ones patrol the area, allso shown is the supcom and a few medium tanks in the backround.

IPB Image
The camera follows a group of aircraft as they fly across the base, shown at the top are a couple of aircraft factories producing aircraft as the sparks fly, this indicates most units will be shown being build, and not pop out from inside buildings.

IPB Image
The view zooms all the way out to show the entire map, the red and blue dots marking units and structures.

IPB Image
The camera plumets back down to follow a squadron of cybran torpedo bombers en-route to ther target.

IPB Image
As they aproach a cybran and UEF naval battle is just begining.

IPB Image
A UEF viewpoint of the aproaching enemy bombers, some cybran shipyard structures can be briefly seen.

IPB Image
This small UEF warship is on the menu for the large squad of cybran bombers, this ship however is still massive compared to standard ground units.

IPB Image
The fleets clash and heavy cannons fire from both sides, the odds seem evenly matched.

IPB Image
What appears to be the cybran main battleship opens fire with its triple barrel turrets.

IPB Image
The torpedo bombers close in on one of the UEF capital ships.

IPB Image
The battleship takes 1 to many hard hits, and slowly sinks, cannons and other weapon platforms falling away as the ship breaks up.

IPB Image
The battle seems to be lost, but the UEF have a trick up ther sleeve.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
The atlantis surfaces, this massive UEF sub is actuly an aircraft carrier, when fully surfaced, hatches slide open and weapon systems deploy, these include 4x dual anti aircraft missile systems, and a small gun at the back, note its twice the size of the capital battleship, wich is allready many many times larger than any land unit, apart from a select few.

IPB Image
The view rockets upward again, to show a large land battle is about to commence.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
The battle begins and massive armies from both side collide in full out war, as seen from several alltitudes.

IPB Image
Cybran destroyers deploy legs and begin walking up the beach, as the legs deploy the back of the ship retracts and sides fold upwards to compact the overall size of the unit.

IPB Image
The engagement continues, with the aid of the destroyers laying down sum heavy firepower.
Knowtice details such as what apears to be countermesures coming from planes, in the form of clouds of metalic strips to confuse enemy weapons.

IPB ImageIPB Image
But the UEF are not without a landing party of ther own, in the form of the gigantic UEF mobile factory, with its 4 tripple barrel artilery cannons and its unit producing and repair/refueling abilities, it evens the odds againt the cybran, knowtice the swarms of aircraft nearby in the second shot.

IPB Image
Some kind of large cybran artilery seems to impact the ground in this shot, giving off a large red glow.

The UEF seem to be loosing this battle aswell, but reinforcements are on the way to strengthen the front line.

But the UEF are yet again pushed back, largely due to this massive cybran spider mech, unofficialy known as the monkeylord.
Its giant main lazer beam sweeps across the landscape, burning everything in its path.

But UEF forces hold the line, eventuly overwhelming the monkeylord and taking it down.

IPB ImageIPB Image
But all of UEF's effort dusnt seem to be enough to hold back the supirior cybran forces, exept for perhaps 1 particular weapon.
Knowtice the 2 large cybran structures seen in the distance in the first shot, perhaps one of them is responsible for the large red glowing explosion half way through the battle.

IPB Image
HAHAHA!, u can allmost hear the evil laugh of supcom fans everywere as the nuke to end all nukes is launched skyward.
The supcom can be seen standing near the silo.

IPB ImageIPB Image
Ground zero, as the warhead detonates allmost 100 meters off the ground, incinerating the entire cybran invasion.

IPB Image
And the only piece of bad news from the trailer, DO WE REALY HAVE TO WAIT THAT LONG!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!

And Finaly Shalashaska's Official Rating:

10/10 Flawless biggrin.gif, especialy for a game that has alot of development still to go, it looks amazing, and the gameplay is equally promising.

All the 57 images wer cut and paste and uploaded from the 293.05 MB quicktime trailer by myself, the link to it is at the top of the page, each one is the best resolution posible, and i hope u enjoyed the article tongue.gif

(allso sumone might want to add these to the screenshots gallery)

This post has been edited by Shalashaska: Jul 12 2006, 19:37 PM

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 2Penance By Violence Jun 3 2006, 12:16 PM
wow shal, that must have taken some time

well done >_>

Game: Graphics

+
# 3zmir Jun 3 2006, 12:21 PM
I enjoyed the Analysis very much.
well done Shalashaska.
it must have taken some time to take all those screenshots and uploading them so you deserve the credit.
i also learned a few things about the game which i havent noticed before smile.gif

cheers

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 4Shalashaska Jun 3 2006, 12:48 PM
glad u like it smile.gif

took a couple of hours, not all that much time

expect alot more in teh future thum.gif

This post has been edited by Shalashaska: Jun 3 2006, 19:04 PM

+
# 5Necrosjef Jun 3 2006, 16:28 PM
This game is gonna be the game to end all games...

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6vilm Jun 3 2006, 19:07 PM
wow, verry nice

you have pointed out a lot of things i haven't realy noticed jet, at first sight.

GJ

+
# 7nabber Jun 3 2006, 22:02 PM
The High def shows how class the game will look.

I need a new pc.

+
# 8KingsRevenge Jun 4 2006, 03:25 AM
I liked that alot, I'm downloading that trailer right now, I'll probably end up having a gig worth of supcom videos on my hard drive smile.gif. The analysis was pretty cool only hting is I didn't really notice anything about hte HQ being upgraded, the apperance looked to just be how it appeared from the angle.

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 9Darky Jun 4 2006, 06:47 AM
A lvl 2 article medal is now yours smile.gif, great job!

Clan: Teh Admins

+
# 10Shalashaska Jun 4 2006, 12:14 PM
ooo, thnx darky biggrin.gif

thes allso a shot with cybran structures visable in it, that wer probably overlooked in the wmp version, seen as its lower quality and most ppl wer probably staring at the monkeylords lol

i wonder if its pin-worthy?

I didn't really notice anything about hte HQ being upgraded, the apperance looked to just be how it appeared from the angle.

IPB Image
when its built it only has 1 tower at the top

IPB Image
now it has 2, might be an upgrade, might be due to being conected directly with a power structure
might be speeding up unit production, or teching up to new units

IPB Image
little bit latter another one is seen with 3 towers, some other small details are diferent, it seems it has an extra crane, and details at the front

same with other structures like the airpad, the second version has 2 cranes, and the control tower is taller, this is allso the case for shipyards etc, they all have upgrades with change ther apearance and unit producing capabilities

This post has been edited by Shalashaska: Jun 4 2006, 14:11 PM

+
# 11BuckEBuck Jun 4 2006, 14:01 PM
The best review I have ever seen on this sight by far. GREAT job dude. thumb.gif

Not to mention the game isn't even out yet so your working with minimal knowledge.

Downloading the High Def trailor now.

This post has been edited by Faramir143: Jun 4 2006, 14:02 PM

Game: Battlefield 2

+
# 12Shalashaska Jun 4 2006, 18:13 PM
lol thnx

there dusnt seem to be much activeness in the supcom portal recently so i thought i might try and get the discussionl rolling

This post has been edited by Shalashaska: Jun 4 2006, 18:16 PM

+
# 13DuRiN Jun 4 2006, 19:07 PM
Shalaska you are THE MAN! Ofcourse you are in same clan like me, lol kidding. Nah really a very nice review loved it, keep em coming mate.

Game: Global Agenda

+
# 14Shalashaska Jun 4 2006, 19:17 PM
iv knowticed on ocasion, a thumb may not come up properly, but refreshing the page allways fixes it, please let me know if any of the links spontaniusly fail and il fix em

and i was the 2nd person in that clan tongue.gif

il make another review if i find any more trailers, so stay tuned biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Shalashaska: Jun 5 2006, 16:19 PM

+
# 15[1337]Hello^ Jun 5 2006, 16:06 PM
w00t.gif i need it now!!

Game: Hardware

+
# 16KingsRevenge Jun 5 2006, 21:20 PM
Ohh nice, you must've been watching this at 1 fps to notice that.

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 17Shalashaska Jun 5 2006, 23:46 PM
about 0.2 fps actuly

thats how i got all teh split second shots like the nuke fireball biggrin.gif

i went thru teh frames lookin for the best ones in each scene, 57 scenes

ones wer the dust is clear, wer units arnt obstructing other units etc
so u end up with sum nice quality screenies

This post has been edited by Shalashaska: Jun 6 2006, 00:02 AM

+
# 18prepare Jun 5 2006, 23:57 PM
puhh just back at having at least a bit time to spend here in the next days. very good and detailed, i missed several of these things

Clan: EPIC

+
# 19Shalashaska Jun 6 2006, 00:00 AM
sup, welcome back smile.gif

This post has been edited by Shalashaska: Jun 6 2006, 00:00 AM

+
# 20DDA Jun 7 2006, 16:34 PM
Nice review m8 smile.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)