Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Multiversion

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1-Netput Jun 5 2006, 10:26 AM
With the release of all new patches it was impossible to watch those good old classic 1.02/1.04 replays.
Therefore we decided to create a Multiversion tool, this tool makes it possible to switch between different patches!
So if you ever feel like watching those great old silver and gold 1.02/1.04 replays, this tool is there for you!
With 1 simple click on the button it's possible to switch between patch 1.02, 1.04 and 1.05.

How does it work?
Follow these steps closely and you're able to watch all the great replays again::

!!!MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CDKEY BEFORE DOING THESE STEPS!!!!

- Download the The Multiversion v1.06
- Extract the files to a location you can easily find them.
- Uninstall BFME2
- Reinstall BFME2
- download Patch 1.02
you can download the the ENGLISH 1.02 patch here or the
GERMAN 1.02 patch here
- to install the 1.02 patches, extract the .exe file, then run the .exe file
- After installing the 1.02 patch, Start the Multiversion
- Click on 0001002 -> click on 'back up 0001002' (if you did it correct, it will be confirmed that there are 21 files backed up)
- download Patch 1.04
you can download the the ENGLISH 1.04 patch here or the
GERMAN 1.04 patch here
- to install the 1.04 patches, extract the .exe file, then run the .exe file
- After installing the 1.04 patch, Start the Multiversion
- Click on 0001004 -> click on 'back up 0001004'
- Close the multiversion -> Start BFME2 -> go online and update to version 1.06
- When updated to 1.06, run the multiversion again
- In the multiversion, click on 0001006 -> click on 'back up 0001006'
And your done smile.gif

You can switch between the patches now by clicking on the desired patch and then 'switch to version 00010002 (or 00010004 when your on version 1.02).

If you have any Questions, please ask them and we would luv to help you out!
Great thanks to tda and Netsaint for creating this great utillity wub.gif plz give him some love smile.gif

-Netput

This post has been edited by TDA^: Nov 6 2006, 15:17 PM

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Ranger08 Jun 5 2006, 10:46 AM
A problem with this. You alwo need 1.03 to watch some of the older replay files, and there isn't a direct way to find them. Thoughts? Or will you just use 1.04, as it is 1.03 with some desync changes?

Brilliant though. Very nice job by tda and NetSaint.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3-Netput Jun 5 2006, 10:55 AM
It is like this:

you can watch 1.0 and 1.01 replays with 1.02 since there where only compatibility changes.
Same with 1.04, you can still watch 1.03 replay files since there where no balance changes.

They will show up as grey in your replay list, but your able to watch them perfectely fine.

+
# 4Ranger08 Jun 5 2006, 11:00 AM
QUOTE(-Netput: Worshipper of BSR @ Jun 5 2006, 06:55 AM) *

It is like this:

you can watch 1.0 and 1.01 replays with 1.02 since there where only compatibility changes.
Same with 1.04, you can still watch 1.03 replay files since there where no balance changes.

They will show up as grey in your replay list, but your able to watch them perfectely fine.

Got it. Makes sense. tongue.gif

+
# 5Commander Jun 5 2006, 11:24 AM
Really Brilliant ,
You guys are amazing

but what about the serial why need to keep it

Thanks,

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 6justinkb Jun 5 2006, 11:53 AM
i suppose for reinstalling bfme2 tongue.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 7-Netput Jun 5 2006, 12:01 PM
QUOTE(justinkb @ Jun 5 2006, 01:53 PM) *

i suppose for reinstalling bfme2 tongue.gif

What he ^ said
If your going to install BFME2 again it will ask you for your Serial Key.
And we dont want pissed members that can't play anymore because of a lost Serial Key smile.gif

+
# 8MordorScum Jun 5 2006, 18:48 PM
Hello, i <3 u guys for making this. I heard about the 2v2 gold replay that was meant to be the best replay yet, so i download it im like 'wooo', then i try play it and cant see anything, i was like 'wtf'. Now u guys have released this i can watch that game. biggrin.gif

+
# 9Alcatraz Jun 5 2006, 18:57 PM
Hmm, on my comp the units still stand still or dont move (replays ive seen before and i know what should move and what shuldnt). Now i have on the multiversion tool that 1.02 IS active, any idea whats wrong?

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 10Mats Jun 5 2006, 22:36 PM
tda seems to be working his ass off for this forum, credit to him.

Now when he is SRR, he has other duties than reviewing replays in QM 1v1 section, and it seems RR's aren't really active there anymore, just look at the first page how many replays that stand there for days... I know RR's have tough jobs, but it's something wrong when NONE of the replays posted gets rated in an entire day.

+
# 11Nakeo Jun 5 2006, 23:03 PM
balance this is because of the point system

Game: None

+
# 12anorDryzen Jun 6 2006, 05:44 AM
hmmm

was their an ReplyManger for BFME 2 ? or was it only a dream ?

i am so confused sad.gif

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 13Ranger08 Jun 6 2006, 06:14 AM
QUOTE(BalanceSeeker @ Jun 5 2006, 06:36 PM) *

Now when he is SRR, he has other duties than reviewing replays in QM 1v1 section, and it seems RR's aren't really active there anymore, just look at the first page how many replays that stand there for days... I know RR's have tough jobs, but it's something wrong when NONE of the replays posted gets rated in an entire day.

In my opinion, if you have a problem with how things are going, you can make a post about it in the Site Feedback/Improvment Section or PM a Game/Global Admin/SRR. Because this isn't really related to the Multiversion.

Tda did an excellent job last month, but you have to acknowledge other Reviewers like Pszonkadonk, Rastlin Majere, war_eagle and me did good jobs as well. A lot of us have final exams to deal with at the moment, and that is digging into the time we have to review. We have 4 sections to parse through for replays. We can't focus on the 1v1 QM section all the time, and neglect the other 3 sections. That isn't fair to people posting there.

Or you could become an RR if you think we are lacking.

We are just recovering from exams and RL issues. I know the sections are going to be vastly improved.

This post has been edited by Ranger08: Jun 6 2006, 07:02 AM

+
# 14TDA Jun 6 2006, 06:45 AM
QUOTE(Mirone @ Jun 5 2006, 08:57 PM) *
Hmm, on my comp the units still stand still or dont move (replays ive seen before and i know what should move and what shuldnt). Now i have on the multiversion tool that 1.02 IS active, any idea whats wrong?

check for _patch103.big when ur on 1.02. delete it if its there. maybe the rep is bugged tho post-13661-1143531603.gif
i recommend to delete your bfme2 folder after uninstall to avoid things like this

This post has been edited by tda: Jun 6 2006, 10:00 AM

+
# 15dnte Jun 6 2006, 22:44 PM
is it possible to just download the backup files of older versions?

if so, could anyone please post the backup files for 1.02
I know that the backup files are 100mb+ but hope someone could upload it somewhere

thanks

+
# 16TDA Jun 7 2006, 07:27 AM
QUOTE(anorDryzen @ Jun 6 2006, 07:44 AM) *
hmmm

was their an ReplyManger for BFME 2 ? or was it only a dream ?

i am so confused sad.gif

there was, simply look at the other pinned topic tongue.gif

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...showtopic=95298

+
# 17Mats Jun 8 2006, 18:38 PM
QUOTE(Ranger08 @ Jun 6 2006, 08:14 AM) *

In my opinion, if you have a problem with how things are going, you can make a post about it in the Site Feedback/Improvment Section or PM a Game/Global Admin/SRR. Because this isn't really related to the Multiversion.

Tda did an excellent job last month, but you have to acknowledge other Reviewers like Pszonkadonk, Rastlin Majere, war_eagle and me did good jobs as well. A lot of us have final exams to deal with at the moment, and that is digging into the time we have to review. We have 4 sections to parse through for replays. We can't focus on the 1v1 QM section all the time, and neglect the other 3 sections. That isn't fair to people posting there.

Or you could become an RR if you think we are lacking.

We are just recovering from exams and RL issues. I know the sections are going to be vastly improved.

I have credited you before tho, Pzsonkadonk too, but I just wanted to credit tda because He did like half a page of replays alone once, and really impressed me. I know you RR's have lives as well, but maybe there are too few? Maybe I should consider joining you... hmm I got high understanding of the game, the interest to do it... But unfurtunately I lack the time, but next week my exams are done and I'll try out for an RR position.

Anyways, fixing the Multiversion seems so hard, isn't there an easier way to do it? Like install--> run--> gg?

+
# 18KlunG Jun 8 2006, 19:26 PM
Balance, the problem of not all replays getting reviewed is not the poor work of RRs, but the amount of em. Theres simply too few people that actually wants to do this job, and those few that does it really do a great job which is alot appreciated at gr.org.

People seriously wants too much of this site without helping themselves, which is really bad.

Anyways, enough blabbering of activity. From now on i only want posts related to the multiversion smile.gif

Game: Generals 2

+
# 19TDA Jun 8 2006, 19:52 PM
QUOTE(BalanceSeeker @ Jun 8 2006, 08:38 PM) *

Anyways, fixing the Multiversion seems so hard, isn't there an easier way to do it? Like install--> run--> gg?

no, because you need the former files wink.gif

+
# 20Thorin Jun 8 2006, 20:34 PM
QUOTE(BalanceSeeker @ Jun 6 2006, 12:36 AM) *

Imo QM 1vs1 is being reviewed pretty good atm. There even have been complaints that cw section is being left alone, while RR's are really active in qm.

Clan: Corruption of Light

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)