# 1.Necron Jul 2 2006, 21:02 PM
Congratulations and enjoy your medals!
How to watch replays.
Original Thread.
Official review by Armagin.

Crakin_Ty German level 105 vs. Blue_Gaiden Russia level 105

IPB Image

Overview:

In this game the infamous Strelet spam faces off against every German player’s favorite strategy, the mercenary spam. Tons of action, gritty fights, amazing escapes, and nifty special effects make this game the first ROTW contender this week.

Blue_Gaiden:

Summary:

Well played on your part, economic advantages really win games and you certainly showed that off this time. It was also nice to see the extensive use of the not too common cavalry archers and their upgrades, I think I have only ever once seen somebody else use tartar loyalists before. Also your great maritime boom left your economy miles ahead and difficult to raid making it hard for Crackin to stop your ever constant unit production. Good job on the win!

Pros:

+ Balanced economy for most of the game
+ Great raiding with Cossacks left Crackin’s economy miles behind yours
+ When you were attacked many villagers were never taken off the job so you could keep producing units
+ Excellent use of fishing ships, market improvements, and late game, trade routes to supplement your booming economy

Cons:

-Didn’t explore much of the map, especially the southern area where many villagers were left undisturbed
-Spent 2000 (!) resources to buy frigates and fend off the 2 caravels marauding your end of the map. Would have been cheaper and as effective to use galleons, or own caravals
-Lots of floating gold and wood for a few critical moments in mid game lost you a few battles being unable to replenish troops.
-Not really a con, but you accidentally attacked the explorer 100% hipoints upgrade treasure, killed all of the units at great expense (nearly cost you your base) and never gathered it.

Player rating: 7.5/10

Crackin_Ty:

Summary:

Well played mercenary spam with ulhans worked quite well for a while until Blue’s economy really took over yours. If you had of held back with the landsckets while your units removed his Strelets they would have done much more damage when they did arrive in his base. The economy you did have was well balanced until the end of the game allowing you build ulhans while still sending mercenaries uninterrupted. Good job!

Pros:

+Good choice of ulhans to fight off Strelet spam, although upgrades were lacking.
+Nice (failed) attempts at raiding blue’s maritime economy, His more powerful economy really hurt that allowing him to build frigates. sad.gif
+Good use of landsckets to gut Blue’s base

Cons:

-Inconsistent production of settlers left you with a hurting economy
-Lousy fort placement left it unused
-Lot of floating resources in the end of the game lost you the final battle
-Many idle villagers early on when you were attacked really hurt you (15 for just over 4 minutes)

Player rating: 6.5/10

Overall Rating: 7/10

Great game with plenty of action, both on land and sea. Also lots of little Strelet 6+’s floating up to heaven.

This post has been edited by .Necron: Jul 8 2006, 10:30 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File BluevsCrackin_strelet_rush.age3rec
Size: 480.6k
Number of downloads: 648
Player Name Side Team
BLuE_GaiDeN 1
Crackin_ty 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 2War Eagle Jul 3 2006, 17:00 PM
Grats on rotw biggrin.gif

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

+
# 3liscious Jul 5 2006, 03:24 AM
Im really anxious to watch this rec as i've watched most of Blue_gaidens other games but for some reason I get "Unable to Load", Ive tried deleting the file and re-downloading it multiple times and still no luck. I can play other recs fine, anyone know what might be causing this?

+
# 4.Necron Jul 5 2006, 05:11 AM
I've had this problem a few times with some of the recs at GR recently, I remember I just exited AoE3 then downloaded (didn't delete the old rec first) and overwrote the old one and then it seemed to work...

wacko.gif

+
# 5Big~Boss Jul 5 2006, 07:11 AM
can somebody pls tell me what program you need to have on your computer to watch downloaded recorded games?

+
# 6Effie Jul 5 2006, 07:19 AM
Ive got the same problem - I cant get the recording to start playing, i get the same message "failed to load". Im on edge to see this rec! Sounds real awesome.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Effie: Jul 5 2006, 07:20 AM

+
# 7sickblaze Jul 6 2006, 22:52 PM
"Failed to Load,"

I've re-downloaded it, opened and closed AoE, restarted the computer... yada yada.

Anybody can let me know if they've had this problem and were able to overcome it.

Please =)

+
# 8YellowSubmarine Jul 7 2006, 09:43 AM
Yup, it doesn't work

+
# 9.Necron Jul 8 2006, 10:30 AM
Massive apologies for the replay not working. I've uploaded the original file which is working on my AoE3 and should work for all of you, again, I am very sorry.

+
# 10Blasta Jul 8 2006, 17:50 PM
I had the same problem downloading it from this page go to the original thread link (at the top of the review post) and dowloading it from there.

Game: None

+
# 11.Necron Jul 8 2006, 22:06 PM
Yup, that was the file that worked and that is the file that is now in this thread. smile.gif

+
# 12akin Jul 9 2006, 14:28 PM
QUOTE(.Necron @ Jul 9 2006, 01:06 AM) *

Yup, that was the file that worked and that is the file that is now in this thread. smile.gif

The file is working just fine now.
I was happy to see a german player fend off a strelet rush, coz it seems that I can never do it. Nor jan rushes for that matter. I seem to have so many soldiers on my base at the time i have all those skirms, they are never as effective as I see in this recording. I guess I should age up with 17 villagers to colonial instead of rushing with 15. I have been making 9 crossbows also, which are eaten up, I guess thats not the way to do it...

+
# 13-crackin_ty Feb 26 2007, 23:45 PM
j0 biggrin.gif
gimme my medal smile.gif, im rotw contender lvl2 right now right ?

This post has been edited by -crackin_ty: Feb 26 2007, 23:46 PM

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 14BLuE_GaiDeN Feb 28 2007, 07:26 AM
You don't deserve one you war wagon lamer! Just kidding smile.gif

+
# 15firgli Mar 11 2007, 10:42 AM
kinda late hehe but I gave you the medal smile.gif

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 16(oss@ck :) Oct 29 2007, 06:46 AM
level 105? hm... Not see!

+
# 17DanaEileithyia Oct 30 2007, 00:37 AM
QUOTE((oss@ck :) @ Oct 29 2007, 07:46 AM) *

level 105? hm... Not see!

Please don't bump topics older then 2 months.

-closed-

Game: Dawn of War 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)