# 1Danny Jul 10 2006, 04:29 AM
Review By: Sigsiggerson
Original Topic

imhigh-fallenpoetry vs baggo
US Army Vs. TaskForce Talon

Map:
Volgograd's Ring

imhigh-fallenpoetry US Army :

BO- Barracks, light armor depot, sold HQ after an excavator, fat-vee with 4 marines, then refinery.

Baggo TaskForce Talon:

BO- Barracks, refinery, sold HQ, forward ops at second oil, dual vehicle command centers.

imhigh seizes both banks fairly early on and soon expands to his second oil deposit. However, a steady stream of Stryker's emerge from Baggo's dual vehicle command center ohmy.gif

Styker's and a commando retake northern bank, skirt the southern one, and hit imhigh's expansion hard. The attack continues north into imhigh's main base, nearly killing him off. However, imhigh manages to kill off the strykers and he expands south of his base with a field hospital and retakes his southern oil. The field hospital proves useful as Baggo's failed VTOL drop with a group of Future Force Warrior's leaves a number of POW's lying around.

Baggo tries some more tricks- he hits imhigh with a buggy spam but imhigh defeats those. At this point imhigh has teched up to defcon 2 and then 1, gets 4 apaches and hits Baggo's refinery and oil derrick hard. After getting a wolverine nuke and intercepting Baggo's tactical weapon, the wolverine launches and kills a good portion of Baggo's production on his northern base.

Overall, imhigh's mixing of two different styles (Big15 and SCTAB) paid off, even though he was on the edge at many points in the game.

I could only say that imhigh, a far better player than me, could have done better in some things...javelins in the northern bank could have hit his stryker's hard as they went by and there was some points where you knew Baggo was coming for you and you were sitting on 20 grand with a few units post-13661-1143531603.gif You played very well though and got a well-deserved win, IMO.

Player rating- 7/10

For Baggo...I would say working on his harassing more with Comanches and being more aggressive in taking the banks would pay off for him. His early Stryker spam was effective but he failed to follow it up with an attack that could have finished imhigh in his weakened condition. Also, he was in a position many times during the game to steal away imhigh's southern oil and build some defenses there. An early buggy/commando could have taken one bank at the least.

Player rating- 6/10

Very interesting game, the combo tactics for imhigh paid off well and he got a rather suprising win after many setbacks.

Game rating- 6.5/10 = 7/10.

Good game, very enertaining, ROTW contender due to enertainment value.

Attached File(s)
Attached File rotw_7_10_06.zip
Size: 1.03mb
Number of downloads: 189
Player Name Side Team
imhigh-fallenpooet 0
baggo 0

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2jhonnymelago Jul 11 2006, 17:05 PM
The only reason why high won the game is because of the bug in the top left bank he was able 2 get all the cash out of it when his 1 marine obviously would have lost 2 the 2 comandos

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 3iMHiGH(Fall3nPo3try) Jul 12 2006, 00:34 AM
QUOTE(jhonnymelago @ Jul 11 2006, 10:05 AM) *

The only reason why high won the game is because of the bug in the top left bank he was able 2 get all the cash out of it when his 1 marine obviously would have lost 2 the 2 comandos

Wohooo!!! johnny!!! damn man.. im gload to see yer alive....... how come i dont see you online dude? I gotz some learning to do from you...

+
# 4KingsRevenge Jul 13 2006, 00:42 AM
hahah see jhonny has a fan cclub smile.gif YAH JHONNY!

+
# 5jhonnymelago Jul 13 2006, 05:28 AM
i do go online but not much cose i dont have many time and my abilities are very poor now a days so i dont go under jhonnys acount sad.gif

+
# 6iMHiGH(Fall3nPo3try) Jul 13 2006, 06:43 AM
Wut accnt do you go under? so i know.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)