# 1Natey Jul 24 2006, 04:33 AM
Review by Hiram Sedai
Link to Original Topic

IPB Image

Yae vs golden_chocobo
Alin vs Vinci
Map: Kalahese Desert
Total Game Time 27:10

Overview: Early game started with the Vinci player doing some harassing and plenty of scouting/Tim hunting. Mid game consisted of the Alin player attacking and withdrawing every ten seconds. End game had almost constant fighting in multiple parts of the map.

Yae

Initial Strategy: Plenty of map scouting, Timonium hunting, and economy building
First City: 6:19 First Hero: 3:01 (Sawu) Total Cities: 4
BO: Merchant (Default w/map)>Magus>Merchant>Palace>Magus
Research Order: Treasure I & II>Evocation>Land Lore I>Vigor I

Pros:

+ Excellent job researching stone bite and glass bolts to improve your sand units early on
+ Very nice segregation of his units so you could pick them off one at a time (very static army too)
+ Wise decision keeping a force near your right forward city to defend against steam plant generated harassment.
+ Entertaining rhythm in attacking, withdrawing, and attacking repeatedly – did not allow opponent to rest.
+ Tremendous job having backup force continue attack in middle while main force moved back to defend capital
+ Very impressive multitasking regarding attacking and defending with so many hotspots on map (the map lit up!!)

Cons:
- Attrition damage – no puzzle box
- No early mine and shifting sand research

Player Summary: You started out kind of slow compared to your opponent but you were quite amazing once you got warmed up. Your game play was awe inspiring and you simply did not allow your opponent to rest and build except for that one sport near the middle. Any aspiring Alin player should check out your game play, especially with your use of heartseekers and desert walkers. His taking of that one city barely made you pause. Excelsior! (nee how ma)

Player Score: 8/10

Golden_chocobo

Initial Strategy: Proto rush and then economy building with strong defense in center
First City: 5:42 First Hero: 8:00 (The Doge) Total Cities: 4
BO: Merchant (Default)>Industrial X2>Military
Research Order: Prosperity I & II>Mining I>Scavenge I

Pros:
+ Very early borehole project – good recovery from proto build
+ Intelligent harassment on the outskirts of opponents area
+ First player I've seen to actually use the burrowing ability of the "burrowing spider"!!
+ Well placed Timonium smelter near front (short walk for clock work men)
+ Creative use of steam plant to assist in taking of neutral city
+ Excellent job of breaking opponent's rhythm by strong and well executed flank offensive

Cons:
- Unused Timonium deposits in your borders – not mining them slowed your economy
- Did not build enough Merchant districts

Player Summary: You were on the "back foot" economically from the onset because of your industrial/proto rush but you did an excellent job of building a good army and keeping them alive for much of the game. Your research labs usage displayed the real strength of the Vinci faction. Very impressive play and well done!

Player score 7/10

Overall: Gentlemen, thank you for sharing this replay with our community. This was tremendously entertaining and quite educating on both sides. This was a true duel in the desert with armies that flowed to and from battles. Even within the battles, both sides were constantly moving with a grace seldom seen in replays. Notice how they would sway from side to side, peppering each other with fire but never sacrificing units. Both players showed a tremendous tenacity and awe inspiring multitasking abilities. Neither one of the heroes died and the potential of even the smallest unit was used to the fullest.

To be honest, it's very hard to impress me because I've seen so many replays already. This replay was an excellent display of skill, strategy, and attention to the smallest details during game play. Once more, thanks gentlemen. Well done!

Game rating: 8/10

Replay of the Week Winner!

This post has been edited by natey14: Jul 24 2006, 19:35 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File alin_v_gigi_vinci_.rec
Size: 411k
Number of downloads: 300
Player Name Side Team
yae 1
golden_chocobo 2

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: None

+
# 2-Lethality- Jul 24 2006, 07:32 AM
Congrats on rotw. ^^

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3WISE Architect Jul 24 2006, 14:22 PM
Medal added.

Link to original topic? whistling.gif

This post has been edited by Architect/Jace: Jul 24 2006, 14:28 PM

Clan: [Wise]

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4Natey Jul 24 2006, 19:35 PM
hehe fixed tongue.gif

Game: None

+
# 5Hiram Sedai Jul 24 2006, 19:37 PM
i will do an after the fact happy dance now.

congrats yae & mister chocobo

well done indeed

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 6barret Jul 27 2006, 15:44 PM
How the hell do I watch this?

+
# 7-Lethality- Jul 28 2006, 12:53 PM
QUOTE(barret @ Jul 27 2006, 09:14 PM) *

Follow this link. wink.gif

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=102497

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 8Ashur Jul 28 2006, 12:54 PM
QUOTE(barret @ Jul 27 2006, 03:44 PM) *

To watch a Rise of Legends replay, you must own the game. Simply start the Rise of Legends Application and go to the main menu (skip the intro or simply wait). Once at the main menu, click the "Options and Extras" button. You will be taken to another menu. Click the "Watch Recorded Game" button. This will bring you to a screen labled "Load Recorded Game". Choose the game you want to watch (hopefully you downloaded it to a location you can easily find), and click the "Load" button.

If the version number the game was recorded under does not match your current version of the game, an error message will appear. Ignore it; sometimes the replay will work anyway. If not, some time in during the replay the application will crash. It seems Big Huge Games has done a decent job of making all but the earliest replays compatible with the current version of the game, so this should not happen with this particular replay right now.

Hope this helps.

Game: Rise of Legends

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)