Explore GameReplays...

Rise of Legends

ROTUCtraining vs. Snorkstopparen

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1EPIC Perfection Sep 11 2006, 13:03 PM
Review by AsTheRuinsFall

Link to the original topic: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=134654

Snorkstopparen(Alin) vs. ROTUCtraining (Vinci)

Map: Miana Reservoir

Game Time: 49:39

Game Summary: This was an extremely entertianing vinci/alin game on Miana Reservoir. Both players have near perfect economic starts, then proceed to contest the middle city, again and again and again tongue.gif i've never seen a storm timer reset so much on the same city before. Very entertaining as this goes on into the Great city stage, at which point the vinci pulls ahead economically and finally takes the middle for good. Once this occurs the alin decides to go for broke and circle around the map looking to take out all his enemies cities, seeing this the vinci decides to do the same and there is a very entertaining ten or so minutes of none stop city and territory swapping. Eventually the vinci takes it though as the alin neglects to take out his economy in the process, leaving ROTUC with the ability to swiftly replace his lost men. VGG guys.

Snorkstopparen

Starting B.O.: Magnus, Merchant, Merchant

Starting Research: Treasure 1, Treasure 2 , Evocation 1

Starting Strat: Fast lvl 2 Dahka to Large City

Pros:

+Good Desert Walker harass of his economy in the early and mid game
+Scorp spam as soon as possible
+Very nice hero usuage (my favorite was using wind defense to chase down the Doge tongue.gif)
+some multi fronting (3 fronts at one point, caused him a good amount of confusion for a time)
+Constant Unit production

Cons:

-Donot put miners on neutral mines there is no income from it
-poor relic gathering
-never upgraded mining company to mining operation
-where was treasure 4?
-poor scouting (he had a large undefended mine in the south for about half the game that you never attacked
-neglected to kill his economy during the territory swap at the end

Player Summary: You played a very good game from start to finish with just a few errors that probably wouldn't have mattered if the game hadn't been so close. I liked the way you were always tring to do something, never sat around. i think you need to work on scouting though i didn't see you using one for much of the time. I'm curious as to why you never went for treasure 4 in such a long game but thats about all very well played.

Player Tips:

-Miners on a neutral mine are worthless, put them somewhere else until you buy the thing
-upgrade mining company!! you lost an extremely large amount of resourcesthat would have been helpfull in this game becacuse you didn't!
-treasure 4 is a must in a long game like this in my eyes, its your best shot at matching a clockwork driven economy
-Scout more, you could have hurt his economy big time with minimal effort if you had just been scouting

Player Score: 7

ROTUCtraining

Starting B.O.: Merchant, Merchant, Merchant

Starting Research: Prosperity 1, Mining 1, Politics 1

Pros:

+great relic grabbing (gave you slight early advantage)
+first to LC
+great use of spider spam and webbing vs. his scorp spam
+late game took an economical lead
+very nice micro alround

Cons:

-passive with piratas for along while
-lack of research labs (and research for that matter for much of the game)
-doge hammer is nice but the wealth is better spent on a land levy imo

Player Summary: You also played a very good game. Your cloakwork spider use saved you from not losing the middle at the start and you eventually took it which forced him into a risky move that did not pay off. Your economy was also extremely well built and fueld your victory good job thum.gif

Player Tips:

-when you've got piratas raid his caravans and miners don't just leave them with your main force for most of the game (create havoc for him tongue.gif)
-research labs have great benefits and the research points are the best of them smile.gif i think you should get more of them so you can put more points into your research lines (politics 4 would have been beautiful in this game to reduce the storm time)
-again the doge hammer is a good weapon but for some titium and a bit more wealth you get your master unit which would have sealed this faster imo

Player Score: 7

Game Score: 7

This game was extremely entertaining and played by skilled players, ROTW contender and promoted to Elite

This post has been edited by EPIC|Perfection: Sep 11 2006, 13:27 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File ROTUCtraining_vs_snorkstopparen.rec
Size: 806.41k
Number of downloads: 305
Player Name Side Team
snorkstopparen 6
ROTUCtraining 6

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Natey Sep 11 2006, 13:23 PM
Medals awarded, congrats guys. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by natey14: Sep 11 2006, 14:04 PM

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: None

+
# 3v1peR Sep 12 2006, 18:28 PM
i'm rotuctraining..

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)