Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Leaderships Guide

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1sjosty Sep 30 2006, 22:54 PM
hi all,
i decided to make a guide on LD since there where some questions about it.
LD is the most important thing in late game, it can make your units much stronger then they normally would be buff0mc.gif
this guide will be about FoD at first because thats more my speciality but i might add FoL later if ppl want it smile.gif
(LD means leadership, WK means witchking, FoD means forces of darkness, TL means tainted land, PP means powerpoint of the ring)

GUIDE ON LEADERSHIP

Attached Image

First i will tell all the units that can receive LD in FoD,
Mordor: All but siege towers, nazgul, WK, gollum and kata's. (so yes rams and labourers do receive LD)
Isengard: All but siege ladders, Lurtz, Saruman, Bombs and balista's. (and yes units in towers receive LD as well)

MORDOR

Mordor is together one of the best factions for LD. since mordor cant upgrade units with heavy armour or forged blades, it needs the strenght of his army from LD. Here are the forms of LD mordor has:
- Eye of sauron (bought with 1 pp)
- Tainted Land (bought with 1 pp)
- Witchking (hero costing 8000)
- Drummer troll (units made from lvl 2 troll cage)
- Darkness (bought with 6 PP)

Eye of sauron

Attached Image

The eye of sauron gives you units 50% attack, 50% defence and 100% experience extra. it is bought with 1 PP
the 100% experience means that your units will raise in lvl twice as fast as the normally would have.
the eye of sauron works on all units exept the nazgul, wk, kata's or siege towers (LD never works on hero's at least in FoD)
Eye of sauron is a must in any great battle, always make sure you got it when attacking something important. don't use eye when its certain you will loose and wont kill anything special with it. ofcourse there are exeptions like killing an important hero even though your unit will die eventually, than you should use eye.

Tainted land

Attached Image

Tainted land is bought with 1 PP and gives 40% extra armour, it also cancells all of the enemy's LD. try to use your TL only when your sure that your opponent does not have TL or EW (elven wood). also try to use your TL not only where his units are but also on strategical places like near a buildingspot (outside bases), oupost, camp or castle. TL will always give your units LD when there on it and will always cancel your opponents LD, its the only summoned LD giver wich lasts throughout the whole game. exeptions are when your opponent is isengard and summons rain.

Witchking

Attached Image

The Witchking of Angar is the most expensive unit in the game. he is easily recognized (if you think your opponent has is) but the throne he wears or by just clicking on it and look at the small round picture next to your map. The LD the witchking gives are 50% armour and 50% attack. This LD is received in a wide range around him by all units exept for kata's and siege towers. Always keep your WK in back when your attacking with a big army, only attack with the WK when your SURE you cant loose him (like vs non archer units for example).

Drummer troll

Attached Image

The drummer trolls cant be missed in a decent mordor army. The LD they give is 50% aroumr 50% attack and 200% experience witch makes the drummer troll the best LD givers of the game. (even better than WK wich costs 8000 ofcrouse the WK can be used as nazgul as well killing non archers units). Drummers are made from a lvl 2 troll cage, you will reach the rank 2 troll cage with building 4 trolls from it. try not to get your troll cage destroyed because you will have to start over again. In an army you should have 2 drummer trolls. not because they will give more LD with 2 of em, but because this way they will give eachother LD as well (you need the 50% armour for protection).

Darkness

Attached Image

Darkness is a 6 PP costing summon, wich gives ALL your units acrross the whole map 33% extra attack for 3 minutes. after the 3 minutes it will stay dark (unless cloudbreak or rain has been summoned) but the LD will be gone. The fastest way to darkness is getting TL -> inustry and than Darkness having a total of 9 PP (this is probably not the best since you need eye). it is said in patch 1.03 that you can summon darkness even though you know your enemy's has a weather changer as well and that both teams will still get there LD (with exeption isen rain). in my experience this isent entirly true so i advise to only use darkness when your opp uses his weather changer and not sooner.

ISENGARD

Attached Image

Isengard too is a faction wich relies a great deal on LD, teh secret weapon of isengard is his rain wich i will be telling more about later in the guide. LD matters of isengard are:

- Chant (bought with one PP)
- Tainted Land (Bought with 3 PP)
- Lurtz (1200 costing hero, needs to be rank 5)
- Saruman (5000 costing hero)
- Rain (bought with 6 PP)

Chant

Attached Image

Chant is the power to buy in the beginning, it gives your units 50% attack and 50% defence. chant should just as the eye of sauron also be used in bigger battles or when its decisive. dont hestitate to use chant on smaller matters as well since it reloads in 1.5 minute. if you chant a pike bataljon they are able to creep a warg lair without losing more than 3 or 4 uruks and they will reach lvl 2 afterwards causing them to regenerate again. Chant is the only isen LD wich doenst work on rams.

Tainted land

Attached Image

practicly the same as in mordor, only TL costs 3 PP instead of 1. this difference probably is because isens uruks are much faster than the orcs so they would otherwise be OP(overpowered).

[size=2]Lurtz

Attached Image

Lurtz is a 1200 costing hero and will give 60% extra attack when he reaches rank 5. this is alot of extra attack and very important in late game. it is wise to not wait to long with making lurtz since he needs to rank up a bit. one warg lair will bring him up to rank 3 and a second one up to 4,5. usually vs a good opponent you dont get 2 warg lairs, so another good way of ranking lurtz up is making him shoot banner carriers of horses, letting him do the finishing touch on a hero or go troll hunting (when vs mordor). when trol hunting always keep enough archers in back so he wont suddenly get overrun by hidden trolls. when he reached rank 5 keep him in back of army and let him assist with his bow and arrow. if you have sword units only give lurtz his sword as well and use carnage when attacking. in big battles always pin enemy hero's and kill them first wich archers if you have them, if not use carnage and kill the hero (watch out for gandalf though)

Saruman

Attached Image

Saruman is a perfect addition to your army. He gives LD right away, 33% armour and 100% experience. a second thing that could be considered as leadership is that saruman gives his surrounding troops a anti-fear bonus, making them not flee for schreech of nazgul and balrog or aragorns anduril, even without banners. also he can rank up your units and take over others. his fireball and wizard blast can turn the tide of a battle when aimed right. be carefull though as saruman will always be a target for enemy troops. since he does not have much health or much defence it is crucial that you keep him protected well (this goes for lurts as well). saruman gives LD all the time, also when attacking (same goes for lurtz and WK). so keep him in back and use fireball, only use wormtongue or wizardblast when its safe.

Rain

Attached Image

Rain is a very special case concerning LD. its the only power that cancels enemy's LD all over the map. Always use rain at the big battles, do not use it on small battles! most of the times its not even worth casting rain to kill a hero (with exeptions). only use rain (or even buy it) when your opponent has alot of LD. dont use it to early either, you must surprise your enemy with it making him retread and letting you siege (whilst taking back MC). but there's catch to rain, after a certain time it wears off AND ANY NEWLY CREATED UNIT OR NEWLY CREATED LD GIVING UNITS WILL STILL GIVE AND RECEIVE LD!! keep that in mind when you use rain or have it used against you. so if you cast rain, and you opponent makes drummer trolls they will still give LD because the drummers where created after the rain was cast.

Now for some general LD info

GENERAL

LD giving units/buildings like drummers or statues, will not give more LD if you make more of them. 10 drummers will give the same amount of LD as one drummer does, so making same units does not add up the LD, only different units do. in 2v2's you ally will also receive LD from your units and the other way around.

well,
that about wraps it up...
i hope its usefull and if any questions are left i would be happy to answer smile.gif

wow that took alot of time lol happy.gif

This post has been edited by sjosty: Oct 1 2006, 09:37 AM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2LiGhT` Sep 30 2006, 23:32 PM
Wow, im sure you took some time making this smile.gif It's good, im sure it will benefit many players

Clan: LeGenD`

+
# 3Gerrard Sep 30 2006, 23:33 PM
very good guide, this should help alot. from experience in quick match, alot of people ive come up against have no idea that theres such a thing as leadership wacko.gif

+
# 4wickeD` Sep 30 2006, 23:54 PM
Why take images from bfme2 tbh tongue.gif

People might think TL costs 5 PP tongue.gif

+
# 5sjosty Oct 1 2006, 00:39 AM
QUOTE(Peter^Wolf @ Sep 30 2006, 11:54 PM) *

Why take images from bfme2 tbh tongue.gif

People might think TL costs 5 PP tongue.gif

lol i know but couldnt find bfme 1 pictures tongue.gif and i figured it was clear anough since i said like 3 times each how many pp

lol yes it did light tongue.gif yes it did..... 0wn3d.gif

and ty gerrard happy.gif

This post has been edited by sjosty: Oct 1 2006, 00:41 AM

+
# 6His Lordship Jack Daniels Oct 1 2006, 02:30 AM
Very very nice guide sjosty! thum.gif

+
# 7RamRaider Oct 1 2006, 09:27 AM
Great guide sjosty, just one more thing; Saruman gives fear resistance meaning no need for banners within the range of his LD aura.

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 8sjosty Oct 1 2006, 09:35 AM
QUOTE(RamRaider @ Oct 1 2006, 09:27 AM) *

Great guide sjosty, just one more thing; Saruman gives fear resistance meaning no need for banners within the range of his LD aura.

added happy.gif

+
# 9STurm` Oct 1 2006, 11:55 AM
u so own every1 sjosty smile.gif

+
# 10Blueb1rd Oct 1 2006, 11:57 AM
bowdown.gif to sjosty, pro guide tbh.

Clan: [ChoseN]

+
# 11SoulWings Oct 1 2006, 12:06 PM
it would be better if you could acquire the correct pictures lol, maybe produce the FoL guide as well?

other than that not bad biggrin.gif

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+
# 12sjosty Oct 1 2006, 12:13 PM
QUOTE(SoulWings @ Oct 1 2006, 12:06 PM) *

it would be better if you could acquire the correct pictures lol, maybe produce the FoL guide as well?

other than that not bad biggrin.gif

yeh lol i know i tried for really long to find the correct pictures but i didnt find em and i just couldnt let no pictures there tongue.gif

+
# 13RangerStryder Oct 1 2006, 13:22 PM
sjosty,

VGJ on the guide, lets hope you bring in some more (like Soul said)...some FoL guide too.

+
# 14sjosty Oct 1 2006, 13:59 PM
i could try a FoL guide but not now tongue.gif
im kinda busy with school atm but i might do it this week smile.gif

+
# 15STurm` Oct 1 2006, 18:41 PM
QUOTE(sjosty @ Oct 1 2006, 05:59 PM) *

i could try a FoL guide but not now tongue.gif
im kinda busy with school atm but i might do it this week smile.gif

u0udiablo.gif

+
# 16wickeD` Oct 1 2006, 18:43 PM
OO guys give him a break smile.gif

+
# 17sjosty Oct 1 2006, 19:05 PM
QUOTE(o0Haldir0o @ Oct 1 2006, 06:41 PM) *

u0udiablo.gif

lol happy.gif i running for RR as well so that takes time too tongue.gif

This post has been edited by sjosty: Oct 1 2006, 19:05 PM

+
# 18x.mitten Oct 1 2006, 19:47 PM
good guide well done^^

after u ad a guide for FOL 2 then it will be perfekt

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 19Vissario Oct 1 2006, 21:10 PM
Clear and good guide! thumb.gif

Article medal added biggrin.gif

Game: Generals 2

+
# 20Madow Oct 1 2006, 21:19 PM
gj sjost

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)