Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

Ourk vs Gl0rious

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1snakefire82 Nov 12 2006, 23:14 PM
Congrats to Ourk and Glorious for TWC third ROTW! A very fast paced game on Carolina with a lot of action, enjoy!

How to watch replays.
Original Thread

IPB Image

Overview: Crazy game between 2 of the best players atm: Ourk with France and Glorious with Dutch. Glorious activates his suicide mode this game and goes for a pike rush while Ourk FFs. Glorious rush doesnt really do much apart from killing a TP and a house, so Glorious has a pretty big prolbme as Ourk is going to throw Cuirasiers and Falconets at his Colonial units. Glorious doesnt give up though and keeps on spamming pikes and skirms, and even manages to kill Ourks army quite some times. He really gets into troubles when ourk is sending like 10 falconets at his base, and he has to age to get 5.2 speed halbs.
Once Glorious is in Fortress and he lost his TC it is not really clear what's happening, the powerful villie/halberdier combo tries to kill Ourks falconet spam, but Ourk is towering Glorious base which makes the game very funny. Definately a recommended watch.

Ourk (2108)
IPB Image

+ Good idea to FF, you really dont want a colonial fight vs a Dutch with skirmishers, banks and schooners. Nice deck too, land grab is definately a nice card to have on carolina, as you will usually need mills and plantations very soon. Probably should have used it though tongue.gif. I also liked how you quickly took all gold mines and towered up his base once his TC was gone, that was a great idea that probably won you the game.
- Spamming falcs vs his colonial units was a great idea, but you really shouldnt lose ~20 falcs to villies tongue.gif. He did it twice, losing them like that once is understandable but you probably should have tried to kill the villies with your cuirasiers before sending the second falc wave.
- Didnt really try to raid, could easily have used some cuirasiers to explore his base and kill some villies. And I think you knew he had the sea for a long time, would have been a good idea to get some ships earlier

What can I say? You played very well, constantly kept pressure on his base so Glorious didnt have time to become really dangerous with massed halbs+falcs/skirms. I loved the ending where you got 2 TC's, 3 towers and a fort in his base and got some ships at the same time, he couldnt do everything about the same time smile.gif. Really well played. 8.5/10 for you

Glorious (2105)
IPB Image

+ You also played a great game here, I liked the way you killed his falconets with infantry + villies, that was really effective and a typical glorious charge pirate.gif. Starting a sea boom was a good idea too, it kept you in the game for quite some time.
- I dont really know about your rush, maybe it would have been better to go to fortress with 3 banks and then spam halbs or ruyters + falc. It would have been not as entertaining of course, but you would have won it imo.
- Interesting deck, but I dont think you need 3 war ship cards when playing vs France. The 2 caravel and one of the fortress shipments would have been enough imo, replace the other one with 9 ruyters or 4 hussars.
- Although I loved your infantry masses, I think getting cav at some point in the game would have won you the game. Even when he just went fortress it might have been a good idea to get a stable up instead of a second barrack. Skirm+Hussar hurt a lot, especially when you have the skirm upgrades and use the hussars to keep him off the mines smile.gif.
- Probably should have gone fortress a bit earlier, the colonial infantry army was nice but not good enough vs cannon spam, some halberdiers / cannons would have been useful thum.gif.
- At one point near the end you had like 1500 wood, you probably should have traded this to food/coin for some more halberdiers. The game was probably already over though.

I love to watch you play because you always come up with the funniest strats. First the Russian monk strat and now this massed infantry vs Cuirasiers and suicidevillies vs falconets strat tongue.gif. Less entertaining play would have won you the game I think, thanks for not doing that though wub.gif. 8/10 for you banana.gif

Most entertaining game I've seen in a long time, very action packed and it was very close.

Review done by Luigi
Overall Score out of 10
Player ratings from eloRating.com's TWC Overall ratings

Attached File(s)
Attached File _SkWzZ_Ourk_vs__StR_Gl0rious_Carolina.age3Xrec
Size: 489.15k
Number of downloads: 390
Player Name Side Team
[SkWzZ] Ourk 1
[StR] Gl0rious 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 2.Necron Nov 13 2006, 06:17 AM
According to the topic name one of the players in this game doesn't exist. whistling.gif

+
# 3Tharkun Nov 13 2006, 07:37 AM
Gratz with RoTW .

Game: Universe at War

+
# 4Ourk Nov 13 2006, 17:30 PM
Oh banana.gif
Yeah well, to be honnest i had alot of fun playing that one. It was kinda different. happy.gif
Thanks.

This post has been edited by Ourk: Nov 13 2006, 17:30 PM

+
# 5Toomanybeers Nov 16 2006, 02:16 AM
congrats

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)