Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

Create a hero guide.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Aidey Dec 14 2006, 13:47 PM
Create a hero guide

Guide by .aidey

Introduction

In this guide i will show you all the stuff you need to know about Create a hero. I will also throughout showing all the features show my own Hero through this guide. This guide will also help new member's with Battle for middle earth 2 Create a hero feature. I will show the content's of the guide like shown below.

Create a hero basic's:-
--Showing how to make the Hero.
--Showing how to use the Hero's.
--Talking about power's
--Other information.

Showing how to make the Hero.

The way Create a hero was used to make the new 'Battle for middle earth 2' an easy and new gameplay. Create a Hero feature is a really nice and attractive, also it makes gameplay more interesting to use and also makes Multiplayer easier to command. I will show you and tell you all you need to know about making a custom Hero.
When you first come onto the main screen of Battle for middle earth you will see a button called 'My custom hero's', after you then click on that button you will then see a screen, somthing like this.

Attached Image

On that screen you will see the following information;

Name: It's the name's of the current created hero's you have made or are custom made.
Type: There are many type's of races to choose from and these are;
------------
Men of the west:-Captain of gondor, Shield maiden.
Elves:-Male elve, Female elve.
Magic:-Wanderer, Corrupted man.
Dwarves:-Sage, Taskmaster.
Servant's ofMordor:-Troll, Orc, Uruk
Corrupted men:-Haradrim, Easterling
------------
Delete:-Delete's hero selected.
New hero:- Creates new hero.
Appearance:-This will show all the basic information about the hero selected.
Power's:-It will show all the power's of the hero selected. (Talk about this further on)
Stat's:-It will show all the stat's of what the selected hero has killed/or destroyed.
Award's:-It shows all the award's given which i will show all below.

I will also show some screenshot's of the information above,

Legend of middle earth:-Hero has one a War of the ring.
Battle champion:-Hero has killed 100 human player's.
Battle grand champion:-Hero has killed 200 human player's.
Battle Hero:-Hero has killed killed 50 human player's.
Battle master:-Hero has killed 20 human player's.
Battle veteran:-Hero has killed 10 human player's.
Demonslayer:-Hero has killed a Balrog.
Dragon slayer:-Hero has killed either 20 of Drogoth's, Drake's, Summond Dragon's, Summond Wyrm.
Dwarf slayer:-Hero has killed 1000 Dwarf's.
Goblinbane:-Hero has killed 1000 Goblin's.
Pirate king:-Hero has killed 10 Ship's.
Orc slayer:-Hero has killed 1000 Orc's.
Monster slayer:-Hero has killed either 1000 Troll's, Mumakil's, Giant's, Warg's, Fellbeast's, Spiderling's.
Siegemaster:-Hero has destroyed 10 Fortresses.
Man killer:-Hero has killed 1000 Men.
Urukbane:-Hero has killed 1000 Uruk's.
Vanguisher:-Hero has killed 3000 enemy unit's.
War hero:-Hero has been in 100 battle's.
War master:-Hero has been in 50 battle's.
War veteran:-Hero has been in 20 battle's.
Elf'sbane:-hero has killed 1000 Elve's.
Executioner:-Hero has killed 10 Creative hero's.
Forehammer:-Hero has killed 100 Faction hero's.
Assassin of evil:-Hero has killed 1 of each evil hero.
Assassin of good:-Hero has killed 1 of each good hero.
Gardian's of middle earth:-Hero has killed 20 lair's.

The appearance's

I will show you what the appearance information is, also there are many interesting clothes.

Helmet - Add/Changes/Removes helmets
Shoulders - Changes shoulder options
Chest - Changes the chest and midsection
Arms - Changes what the arms look lik
Weapon - Choose between some cool looking weapons (all do the same type of damage i believe)
Shield - Men of the West Heros get Shields
Legs - Change legs (Looks more like feet to me)

Color 1 - Changes tunic color (Motw hero)
Color 2 - Changes shoulder color (Motw hero)
Color 3 - Changes lower arm color (Motw hero)

Note*The random button random's all the information in the menu you are looking at.

Here are the Screenshot's of the information above.

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Showing how to use the hero

When you use youre Hero you will be able to get you're hero from you're fortress, and aswell when you recruit you're hero you will see the image of you're hero which mine is classed as a Wanderer so it will have a display image of a wanderer. Also when you gain you're hero you will not be able to see what power is available at what level, but when you made you're hero you saw all the power's and what level's you got those power's at. Images shown below.

Attached Image Attached Image

The two images shown above show the Fortress recruitment and also when i actually recuited my custom hero.

What i mainly use my Hero for is for tactic's and stratagie's. Also with my Power's i got when i made my hero, i actually though well about using them and what they did well. I will go through what power's i got and what they are about.

Fire ball:-Launches a fireball from the hero's staff and does a great deal of damage to a single target.
Ball of lightning:-Send's a lightning bolt that does a good deal of damage to a single target.
Blink:-The hero can teleport to a selected area.
Wizard's blast:-Close range attack that blast's back enemies for good damage.
Improved Fireball:-Launches a fireball from the hero's staff and does a supurb deal of damage to a single target.
Improved Lightning bolt:- Send's a lighning bolt that does a supurb deal of damage to a single unit.
Improved Wizard's blast:-Close range attack that blast's back enemied for supurb damage.
Mighty Lightning bolt:-Send's a lightning bolt that does a exelent deal of damage.
Mighty Fireball:-Lanches a Fireball from the hero's staff and does a exelant deal of damage
Word of power:-Send's out a shockwave that kill's surrounding enemies.

I will run through a little mini-guide on how to use those power's and some screenshot's of me using some.

Fireball:
The fire ball is for a nice and a very effective blow. It is mostly used for building's but can do a very bad deal of damage against enemy unit's, if you have ever played Saruman in Isengard you will know what the Fireball is like.

Attached Image

Lightning bolt:
The lightning bolt is better effective than the fireball, it does a great deal of damage and is mostly used for incoming unit's from siege or from basic unit's. Also used to destroy the balrog in Battle for middle earth 1, if you have ever played as Gandalf in Men of the west you will know how effective it is.

Attached Image

Wizard's blast:
The wizard blast is used for blowing back a huge amount of enemies and can be used to push them back from youre attacking line's. Also when fully upgraded (Improvement's throughout the creative stages of power's) the Wizard's blast can take down 4 horde's around you.

Attached Image

Blink:
Blink is a good teleportion use and you mainly use it with low health in the middle of the battleground or mainly were you are fighting, also when you use it, it does take some time because the hero taunt's surrounding unit's. There is not no improvement's for the power and my best chanses is to use it when needed because it does take some time to work.

Attached Image Attached Image

Word of power: (Soon to be updated.)
Word of power is a really powerfull and effective power, any unit's flanking you and coming from the back will be totally demollished. There are no upgrade's for this power, and i do not have any screen shot (Because it wasnt working) But i will get some later today, the best time to use this is when you have low health (Down to the yellow) and you are still being attacked, when you use it, it will send out quite a big radius of blue wind and then after it will change direction and it will then 'swipe' out any unit's/creatures around you.

Talking about power's

When you select youre powers when creating the hero you have chosen, choose the power's greatly and dont choose them stupidly, as i mean by stupidly, dont get a 'Train allies' as because that only raises the level of one batalon of unit's and isnt really effective. Also if you can see in previous screenshot that i have chosen nice and really effective power's. Maybe after this guide i would like to see some of other member's created hero's and power's (In screenshot's F12 for a screenshot) I will know run down the list of all the power's and who they mush belong to.

Powers - Apply to the Classes (sub-sections do not effect). The Tiers are the level numbers. Tier 3 = Level 3 hero.

Men of the west:-
Great deal of power's and you can also have the Horseman abilite which allows you to mount a hourse.
------------------
Call Reinforcements - 4 Tiers, Summons units to aid you in battle, each tier increases amount of units (Tiers at 1,3,7,10)

Train Allies - 3 Tiers, Grants experience to allied troops, each tier increases experience (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Spear Throw - 3 Tiers, Throws a spear for damage against a single target, each tier increases damage (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Shield Crush - 2 Tiers, Hero can crush enemies and is immune to arrows, each tier increases duration (Tiers at 1,3)

Horseman - 1 Tiar, Can mount a horse (Tier at 1)

Starlight - 1 Tier, Heals allies and gives temporary leadership, 50% Attack, 50% armor and 100% experience (Tier at 1)

Blademaster - 1 Tier, Temporarily gain 100% damage and 100% armor (Tier at 1)

Elendil - 1 Tier, Makes enemies flee in terror (Tier at 1)

Athelas - 1 Tier, Heals hero and allied heros (Tier at 1)

Leadership - 1 Tier, 50% Damage, 50% Armor, 100% Experience (Tier at 1)

Invulnerability - 3 Tiers, hero becomes invulnerable for a period of time, each tier increases duration (Tiers at 3,7,10)

Cripple Strike - 2 Tiers, Melee attack that cripples enemy hero for a time, each tier increases duration (Tiers at 3,7)

Heroic Charge - 1 Tier 10% of damage for hero and nearby calvary, not sure if you have to be mounted. (Tier at 7)

Elves:-
Elves are realy effective in both sword fighting and also Range, also you may want power's known as 'stealth' to keep hidden from enemy unit's.
-----------------
Archer Specialization - 4 Tiers, Increases arrow damage. Each tier increase the damage more (Tiers at 1,3,7,10)

Cripple Shot - 4 Tiers, Ranged attack that cripples Enemy. Each Tier increases the amount of time enemy hero is crippled (Tiers at 1,3,7,10)

Summon Familiar - 3 Tiers, Summons birds with ability to detect stealth, Each Tier adds to their vision (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Train Allies - 3 Tiers, Grants experience to allies, each tier grants more experience (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Self Heal - 2 Tiers, Heals self, each tier heals more (Tiers at 1,3)

Stealth - 2 Tiers, Tier 1 - Stealth while standing still, Tier 2 - Stealth while moving (Tiers at 1,3)

Elendil - 1 Tier, You yell elendil and enemies flee (Tier at 1)

Toggle Weapon - 1 Tier, You switch between bow and sword. (Tier at 1)

Truesight - 1 Tier, See Stealthed units. (Tier at 1)

Leadership - 1 Tier, 50% damage, 50% attack, 100% experience (Tier at 1)

Whirlwind - 3 Tiers, Summons destructive tornado, Each rank increases duration (Tiers at 3,7,10)

Rain of Arrows - 3 Tiers, Launches a barrage of arrows, each tier increases area of effect (Tiers at 3,7,10)

Wizard's:-
Wizard's are the powerfull hero's in Battle for middle earth 2, the reason being is that you can teleport enemy unit's elsewere on the map with the 'Teleport' ability.
----------------
Train Allies - 3 Tiers, Grants experience to allies, each tier grants more experience (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Fireball - 3 Tiers, Launches a fireball that does damage to a single target, Each tier increases the damage (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Lightning - 3 Tiers, Sends out a lightning bolt that does damage to a single target, Each tier increases damage (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Wizard Blast - 3 Tiers, Close range attack that knocks back enemies, each tier increases damage (Tiers at 1,3,10)

Truesight - 1 Tier, See Stealthed units. (Tier at 1)

Teleport - 3 Tiers, Teleport army, each tier increases where you can teleport them (Tiers at 3,7,10)

1st tier - Teleport allied units to wizard
2nd tier - Teleport allied units anywhere on map
3rd tier - Teleport allied or enemy units anywhere on map

Curse Enemy - 3 Tiers, resets the enemy's ability timers (Tiers at 3,7,10)

1st tier - Adds a short time to their reuse
2nd tier - Adds a moderate time to their reuse
3rd tier - Sets their ability to just used status (Lol OP!!!)

Light Blast - 3 Tiers, Blast of light that does damage (Istari Light I believe), each tier increases damage (Tiers at 3,7,10)

Blink - 1 Tier, Teleports the Wizard only to any location on map, (Tier at 3)

Call the Herd - 2 Tiers, Change enemy units into livestock, each tier increases amount of units (Tiers at 7,10)

Convert Enemy - 2 Tiers, Permanently converts enemy units, each tier increases amount of units (Tier at 7,10)

Word of Power - 1 Tier, Kills all the enemy units on screen (Tier at 10)

Dwarves:-
The draves are the strongest and second powerfull in Battle for middle earth 2, the reasn being is that the big hammer you can apply with the is really powerfull, also 'Earthshaker' is the 2nd powerfull ability in the game, the reason being when fully upgraded it can take down 3 whole batalon's and also building's.
---------------
Battle Rage - 4 Tiers, Hero gains armor, damage and attack speed. Each tier increases amount gained (Tiers at 1,3,7,10)

Train Allies - 3 Tiers, Grants allies experience, each tier increases experience given (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Sapper - 3 Tiers, Strong attack against buildings, each tier increases damage (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Charge - 3 Tiers, Hero can crush enemies for a time, each tier increases duration (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Axe Throw - 3 Tiers, Damaging attack against a single enemy, tiers increase damage (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Toughness - 1 Tier, Grants hero a permanant boost to hit points (passive) (Tier at 1)

Invulnerability - 3 tiers, Grants hero invulnerability for a time, each tier increases duration (Tiers at 3,7,10)

Earthshaker - 3 tiers, hero slams into the ground to create an earthquake, each tier increases duration (Tiers at 3,7,10)

Bombard - 3 tiers, Calls in an artillery strike, each tier increases area of effect (Tiers at 3,7,10)

Leap - 2 Tiers, Hero jumps to location causing damage, each tier increases area of effect (Tiers at 3,7)

Servants of Sauron:-

This is the most interesting class, the reason being is quite few of ablitie's and also the armour. The ability 'Oil Spill/Light Fire' let's the hero spill oil surrounding him/her and then set's it alight and kills all surrounding unit's.
-------------------
Call Reinforcements - 4 Tiers, Summons units to aid on the battlefield, each tier increases amount of units (Tiers at 1,3,7,10)

Berserker Rage - 4 Tiers, Hero gets a boost in Armor, Damage and Attack speed, each tier increases amount gained (Tiers at 1,3,7,10)

Poison Attack - 4 Tiers, Hero poisons enemies for damage over time, each tier increases damage (Passive Ability) (Tiers at 1,3,7,10)

Firebomb - 4 Tiers, Hero can throw small bombs for damage, each tier increases damage (Tiers at 1,3,7,10)

Train Allies - 3 Tiers, Hero can grant experience to allies, each tier increases experience granted (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Oil Spill/Light Fire - 3 Tiers, Hero can spill oil on ground for a time then light a fire, each tier increases how big the fire is (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Howl of Rage - 3 Tiers, Nearby Allies gain a boost in damage and armor for a duration, each tier increases duration (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Untamed Allegiance - 1 Tier, Can take over lairs (Tier at 1)

Leadership - 1 Tier, 50% damage, 50% armor and 100% experience (Passive) (Tier at 1)

Cripple Strike - 2 Tiers, Melee attack that cripples an enemy hero, each tier increases duration of the cripple (Tiers at 3,7)

Inspire Fear - 2 Tiers, Inspires fear in your enemies (Tiers at 3,7)

Tier 1 - Makes the enemies cower in fear
Tier 2 - Makes the enemies flee in terror

Corrupted Man:-
The currupted man is a sneaky assassin, so you will need the power's/abilites of a sneaky assassin, the disguise abilite is the best abilite of all the classes in Battle for middle earth, the reason this is that you can change youre skin to one of the enemies unit's which then you can sneak around in the enemies camp.
-----------------
Assassin - 4 Tiers, Inflicts lots of damage on enemy hero, each tier increases damage (Tiers at 1,3,7,10)

Train Allies - 3 Tiers, grants experience to allies, each tier increases experience (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Stealth - 3 Tiers, makes you stealthy and be able to hide (Tiers at 1,3,7)

Tier 1 - Hide while not moving
Tier 2 - Hide while moving
Tier 3 - Completley invisible while not moving (think hobbit cloak)

Coerce - 3 Tiers, Convert allegiance of enemy, each tier increases the amount you can convert (Tiers at 1,3,10)

Toggle Weapon - 2 Tiers, Switch between bow and sword, each tier increases ranged damage?? (Tiers at 1,3)

Attach Spy - 2 Tiers, Mark a unit to see what they see for a time (Tier 2 is permanent) (Tiers at 1,3)

Climb Walls - 1 Tier, Climb the enemies walls (Tier at 1)

Leadership - 1 Tier, 50% damage, 50% armor, 100% experience (Tier at 1)

Steal Resources - 3 Tiers, Steal resources from an enemy's structure, each tier increases amount stolen (Tier at 3,7,10)

Disguise - 1 Tier, Disguise your self to look like enemy units (Tier at 3)

Thank you for looking at this guide, and i hoped you liked it.
And thank Truesilver for a bit of help.

.aidey

This post has been edited by .aidey: Dec 14 2006, 13:59 PM

Game: Graphics

+
# 2War Eagle Dec 14 2006, 14:40 PM
Long guide ohmy.gif.

Nice biggrin.gif.

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

+
# 3Drizzt Do'Urden Dec 14 2006, 17:58 PM
Have not read that, but nice and long wacko.gif tongue.gif

Clan: Unr3al

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 4Aidey Dec 14 2006, 18:24 PM
Thank you guy's. wub.gif

Ill come back after my Replay review application. wub.gif

Thank's all,
.aidey

+
# 5NewStratS Dec 14 2006, 20:31 PM
Good guide smile.gif Not much members on GR.org play with CaH`s sad.gif

Game: Dark Crusade

+
# 6Aidey Dec 14 2006, 23:31 PM
Thank you Userfran,

I made this because i would then let new member's inspiring them to use this new feature added to Battle for middle earth 2,

I have always wanted to write this guide and now that i had the time i wrote it, took me 2 days to get all the information wrote down and all the screen shot's.

I think this is a really nice guide and now i know that there is bug's in it (Thanks to Ranger08 and Userfran4729) I will keep it in mind for me making a new guide with fuller information about more Battle for middle earth 2 feature's.

But thank you everybody that has actually looked into this guide and given there comment's.

Thank you all,
.aidey

This post has been edited by aidey: Jan 29 2007, 18:51 PM

+
# 7El Pato Dec 14 2006, 23:58 PM
Very Cool Guide...

Moved to Single Player Strats. though wink.gif

Happy Holidays!

Clan: Teh Memberz

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 8Ranger08 Dec 15 2006, 22:22 PM
Why moved to single player? Heroes are used in Multiplayer matches really.

Moved back to Gen. Discussion.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 9Paradox^ Dec 16 2006, 04:42 AM
pretty sweet looks like alot of effort

unfortunatley CaH is really only good for joke games, not average games

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Left 4 Dead

+
# 10avenger81 Dec 16 2006, 18:56 PM
great guide, great that u didnt put a sentence on how to glitch heros since many people always ask, but they just ruin the game. CAHs are a great idea just badly executed in some areas

This post has been edited by avenger81: Dec 16 2006, 18:56 PM

Clan: JR

+
# 11vasaacab Jul 28 2012, 17:11 PM
Hi!

I make nice hero and i got all medal but noo!
assassin of good and assassin of evil...
How to get this medal's...

Help me! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)