Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

What Gondor needs in patch 1.03

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Lolindir Jun 25 2005, 19:16 PM
What Gondor needs in next patch:

Soldiers:

The proudest swordmens of middle earth, they are fighting for Minas Tirith and wont bow down for the enemy.

Defense. Their defense if pretty well balances, might be a little too weak against blades though.

Offensive. Boost em up. 5-10 more damage wont hurt, ah well, it will hurt their enemy but this is needed, at the moment they are useless in late games, so this is kinda needed.

Speed. They got to have a speed up, they are too slow, they cant catch up the enemy for the moment.

Town Guards:
The Elite Infantry of Gondor, true, true, they are strong and have a great armour, but they cant even catch up their enemy!

Defense, Their defense is great as it is

Offensive, No improvements are needed, but they should be better pikemens, their long spears should hurt their enemys cavalry a little more, even if they are pretty good against cav at the moment.

Speed. They are too slow, even in "neutral" formation, speed em up a bit, not so fast as uruks but pretty much the same. In their defense formation, they should be a little faster, becuase they are getting owned by archers at the moment.

Knights: Even stronger than the Horse Lords of the West, this got to be changed.

Their damage should be a little less in my oppinion, Gondor, the army of infantry should have stronger infantry than Knights.

Damage - Boost it down, so they wont be so overused as they are atm

Defense - is fine as it is

Speed - is fine as it is

Archers - Well known for their accuracy, but what does accuracy do when they cant damage their foe?

Offensive - boost their damage up with 5 damage + increasement. So we, as fighters of Gondor can use these reliable archers even into late games.

Defense - Fine as it is

Speed - Fine as it is

Rangers.

Sword/Bow switching mode is a must.

Also their swordattack should be a little more effective, at the moment they hurt kinda nothing with their swords...

Defense - Their Ambush formation makes their defense kinda the same as nothing, max loss of defense should be like 0% of these non-armoured soldiers, their defense is low at it is already, so that loss is too great.

Offensive - Swordattack - increasmeant, by 10+ damage, maybe a 15..
Arrows - Should be quite stronger, they don't have any armour so they need to be strong so they can win any battles

Speed - This is the part that really need some improvement, elves are faster, elves got armour, Rangers doesn't so rangers should be faster, not as fast as Uruks, but they should be faster than elves for sure. At this point Gondorian Archers with HA has the same speed as Rangers, and this is very VERY wrong.

Ambush - in a forest, they are hidden, protected by trees and other plants, therefore their FIRST arrow should come as a surprise attack and hurt the enemy very VERY much, might instakilling some creatures.

Hold their Fire - These rangers should have a opportunity to hold their fire to cause EXTRA damage to their enemy, they will be able to kill more enemy soldiers if they are shooting while the enemy is surrounded instead of far away, pretty logic but this cannot be done atm.

Catapults. The well known Trebutchets, long range, also seriosly damage their foe pretty well.
Especielly catapults on walls should have a longer Range +do a little higher amount of damage on their foe. Also these towers should not being able to be breached with 1 Istari (should be like Battle Towers, that you cant fire your Istari on it).

Heroes.

Boromir, should have the leadership bonus at rank 1, the leadership bonus should be 50% armour and 50% damage, and his damage should be 10+ from the beginning, bec at the moment you never uses him in multiplayer (okey, very VERY uncommon. He should also being able to use a horse, he is skilled in riding, so why shall we not let him ride again? Also he should have a weak knife throw and a carnage skill (like Lurtz), but not as good as that 1. Or should this Carnage ability be activated by the Horn of Gondor? The Horn will stun enemy soldiers, but also increase his damage and armour with like 100%, for a very short time.

Faramir - If you uses Rangers, Faramir is a must, he should also have his leadership bonus at rank 1, also 50% armour and 50% damage, Rangers have no armours and dies very easly, therefore Faramirs leadership is very very important for the rangers. His Arrow Damage needs to be increased, or his bow speed should be boost up, atm he fires very, very slowly. Fire arrows should speed up with X2, his sword should also be boost up a bit, X1,5. Also he should have a Hold Fire Ability while hidden in trees.

Gandalf (The White) - The most feared hero in the game, insta kills many heroes and other creatures of Middle-Earth.
Gandy is way too overpowered and needs an change, Gandys Istari light is meant to SCARE enemys of the dark sides away, not killing em, so he should not being able to kill his foes, but scare em. Therefore, if he strikes against nazguls, they should be seriously hurt, kinda 50-75% of full hp, and must  fly away in terror bec of the light beam. What im saying here is that you cannot use it on a target, but at an area, all units in that area MUST flee bec of the light beam =)

Now, I want your help to develop this list, when it is done (in my oppinion) I will e-mail it to EA and see what they think about it happy.gif

..::!!DEADLINE NEXT SUNDAY (2005-07-03) at 00.00 am!!::..

This post has been edited by Lolindir: Jun 28 2005, 10:45 AM

Game: Graphics

+
# 2Mithrandir Jun 25 2005, 23:30 PM
very good points all of them. Just even more early LDs for sisters. Cheeper upgrades on inf(only inf). Expensive upgrades 4 cav.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 3Lolindir Jun 26 2005, 00:32 AM
QUOTE(Mithrandir @ Jun 26 2005, 01:30 AM)
very good points all of them. Just even more early LDs for sisters. Cheeper upgrades on inf(only inf). Expensive upgrades 4 cav.

Yes, that would be kinda neat, once upon a time, in 1.00 or 1.01 (?) the upgrades costed 400 from beginning, that should be for Infantry nowadays, and knights would cost 800 per upgrade. Blacksmiths excluded.. But this wont prevent the over-use of Gondorian Knights, Infantry gotta be better and more useful, thereafter we can dicscuss upgrades and similiar stuffes smile.gif

+
# 4[KD]Gandelf90 Jun 26 2005, 00:49 AM
all i think we need is bormier buff like a horse or somthin and rangers should get heavy armor cuase they willl be nothin next to elves if farmier gets his leadership that late plus farmier should get leader ship lvl 1 and add 100 to armor and 100 to damage come on he is a captain of gondor

+
# 5Lolindir Jun 26 2005, 00:57 AM
QUOTE([KD]Gandelf90 @ Jun 26 2005, 02:49 AM)
all i think we need is bormier buff like a horse or somthin and rangers should get heavy armor cuase they willl be nothin next to elves if farmier gets his leadership that late plus farmier should get leader ship lvl 1 and add 100 to armor and 100 to damage come on he is a captain of gondor

have u actually been thinking of what Gandy, Faramir, Boromir mix could do then tongue.gif? like 400% damage and 200% armour. No, I disagree, Rangers should be fast and flexible, therefore no armours. Yes.. Faramir's leadership at lvl 1 would be kinda neat, very neat..

+
# 6{EWM}LrdLucifer Jun 26 2005, 21:16 PM
TBH rangers, move at the same speed as gondor archers with heavy armour!! this makes your post bogus nonsense.
Futhermore, if you were a horse would you like to be running into a handful of pikes, as well as armour and all that shit bonuses Horses should have an AI increse, atm you leave horses, they just stand there and if a squad of pikes comes towards them they try to charge them, soldiers I think are fine, only uses them against isengard, but they should be more felxible, in their combat skills, archers...

...suck, they need to be far better, rohan archers need to be the second best archers in the game, aside elves, but instead they suck big time. Faramir and bormir need their leadership bonuses at an earlier level, ATM they are useless, nobody uses them apart from a stopper to gandys lightning with boromir, quite frankly they need big bonuses, for the same price as lurtz, faramir has less attack, less defence and a weaker special ability!
An ability, for which ever hero, out of the two sisters, captain of Gondor. Whcih ever has the higher level gets some form of awesom bonuses.

This post has been edited by LrdLucifer: Jun 26 2005, 21:18 PM

+
# 7Lolindir Jun 26 2005, 22:04 PM
QUOTE(LrdLucifer @ Jun 26 2005, 11:16 PM)
TBH rangers, move at the same speed as gondor archers with heavy armour!! this makes your post bogus nonsense.
Futhermore, if you were a horse would you like to be running into a handful of pikes, as well as armour and all that shit bonuses Horses should have an AI increse, atm you leave horses, they just stand there and if a squad of pikes comes towards them they try to charge them, soldiers I think are fine, only uses them against isengard, but they should be more felxible, in their combat skills, archers... 
...suck, they need to be far better, rohan archers need to be the second best archers in the game, aside elves, but instead they suck big time. Faramir and bormir need their leadership bonuses at an earlier level, ATM they are useless, nobody uses them apart from a stopper to gandys lightning with boromir, quite frankly they need big bonuses, for the same price as lurtz, faramir has less attack, less defence and a weaker special ability!
An ability, for which ever hero, out of the two sisters, captain of Gondor. Whcih ever has the higher level gets some form of awesom bonuses.

That is what im saying, you only uses infantry vs isengard, but why shouldn't they get some improvement so we can use em versus all armies ? But I totally agree with what ur saying, even if I had mentioned most of those already.. blush.gif

+
# 8{EWM}LrdLucifer Jun 26 2005, 22:23 PM
U said rangers should be fast and flexable, they are the same speed as normal archers in heavy armour, that is one of my points!!

+
# 9Lolindir Jun 26 2005, 22:59 PM
QUOTE(LrdLucifer @ Jun 27 2005, 12:23 AM)
U said rangers should be fast and flexable, they are the same speed as normal archers in heavy armour, that is one of my points!!

even if I had mentioned most of those already.. I said, not ALL
my point on it was that rangers should be faster than elves, still, slower than Uruks, just a little bit innocent.gif

Notice, I added that in my first post now wink.gif

This post has been edited by Lolindir: Jun 26 2005, 23:02 PM

+
# 10BLaCK ViRuS Jun 26 2005, 23:17 PM
remove gandulf and put it with mordor.

this is the best solution in 1.03

+
# 11Lolindir Jun 26 2005, 23:21 PM
QUOTE(BLaCK ViRuS @ Jun 27 2005, 01:17 AM)
remove gandulf and put it with mordor.

this is the best solution in 1.03

Remove his rank 10 spell and he is fine, totally removing him is would make Gondor useless.

+
# 12[]N3VeS[] Jun 27 2005, 00:36 AM
Borimir need Lvl 1 LD like you said but instead of horse he NEEDS a week knife throw and a carnage special like lurtz's.

Faramir should be weak vs swords but very strong vs arrows. He gets 3 in the chest and lives in the movie. His arrow damage needs to be increased by 15 and sword speed increased X2. And Lvl 1 LD. He needs a hold fire ability while in the trees.

This post has been edited by -[Olòrin]-: Jun 27 2005, 00:37 AM

+
# 13Lolindir Jun 27 2005, 11:16 AM
QUOTE(-[Olòrin)
-,Jun 27 2005, 02:36 AM]Borimir need Lvl 1 LD like you said but instead of horse he NEEDS a week knife throw and a carnage special like lurtz's.

Faramir should be weak vs swords but very strong vs arrows. He gets 3 in the chest and lives in the movie.  His arrow damage needs to be increased by 15 and sword speed increased X2.  And Lvl 1 LD.  He needs a hold fire ability while in the trees.

That sounds quite good, Boromir also needs his arrow damage (Armour) to be increased, 1,5X is probably all that is needed there.
Sounds great wink.gif will add it now

This post has been edited by Lolindir: Jun 27 2005, 13:18 PM

+
# 14staticxer Jun 27 2005, 11:43 AM
right now he does the same damage as legalos, gimli and aragorn(without upgrades) he just needs an early leadership+some awesome abilities

Clan: Gwaith-i-Nolendili

+
# 15Lolindir Jun 27 2005, 11:52 AM
QUOTE(staticxer @ Jun 27 2005, 01:43 PM)
right now he does the same damage as legalos, gimli and aragorn(without upgrades) he just needs an early leadership+some awesome abilities

Yeah, his damage is kinda neat already, but he has NO SKILLS, as a Captain of Gondor he should have it, Faramir has Wounding Arrow, Boromir.. has.. the Horn of Gondor tongue.gif? Kinda useless, can work pretty well if you uses it right, but he gotta have a offensive skill, such as carnage.

Faramir should maybe have a skill such as Glorius charge (Far away beneath it, but maybe increase nearby knights with 50% armour and 50% damage as well), you know when the knights of minas tiriths ride to re-capture Osgiliath, the knights must have been encouraged by their leader, Faramir, therefore this suggestion wink.gif. Of course this will only work while mounted on horse. happy.gif

+
# 16BLaCK ViRuS Jun 27 2005, 14:53 PM
Hi all

This is what I (and many many others) wish to change in Gondor:

three things if happened in gandulf i guess there will be a good balance:-

((1.)) gandulf must NOT kill Nazgul or any other hero form one shot (The Light), because there will be no challenge in that

example rohan vs gondor

Rohan recruit Legolas and gondor recruit Gandulf
legolas is $3000
Gandulf is $6000
legolas can kill Gandulf in more than 30 shots i believe
Gandulf can kill Legolas in ONE shot
Is that balance

or another example

Nazgul is $5000
Gandulf is $6000
Nazgul can kill Gandulf in about 20 shots
Gandulf can kill Nazgul in ONE shot
Is that balance

another example

Witch King $8000 <-- the most expensive hero in BfME, i dont know y actually dry.gif
Gandulf $6000 <-- CHEAPER than Witch King
Witch King needs about 20 shot to kill Gandulf
Gandulf can almost kill Witch king in ONE shot, witch means Gandulf + 1 battalion of archers can kill Nazgul in ONE shot
Is that balance

((2.)) I believe that the Rank 10 movement from Gandulf witch kills all nearby enemy units is WAAAAY overpowered. Always when I play vs Gondor (I am Mordor player) I play until Gandulf reaches rank 10, if Gandulf reached rank 10 CERTAINLY i will surrender, and it happened with me before many times.

((3.)) Gandulf is weak attacker on the buildings, if his damage for buildings increased it will be better.
---------------------
---------------------

and alittle other things that happen in Gondor in general,

1. Farmeir and Borimer are very week attackers, I've never seen someone depend on them, everyone buy them when they have cash flow. so if their "melee" attack increased it will be better.

2. Gondor is the only team witch its sitizen has a defence, so no one will can destroy any place with men. so I believe that the sitizen must remove their defenese + increase their power, or keep the defence but it should be made less power or make less damage.

3. Gondor's catapulet is very week attacker, if it's damage increase it will be better.

thats what I have for now

yesterday I played a game witch reached about 2 hours, and its size about 200KB. all the game i owned the FULL map, and he was playing with only Gandulf and full defenses. i sware i attacked once with about 10 mumakills and 5 trolls and about 20 harrardrims batalions, and i couldn't enter to his place, because of Gandulf, the defences, and the Pigons u0udiablo.gif. so i told him, I got tired and I can't do anything, GG then I surrendered.

sorry for this long post, and sorry for my bad english, and I really hope that EaGames could read this post

Regards,
BLaCk ViRuS

+
# 17Lolindir Jun 27 2005, 15:03 PM
QUOTE(BLaCK ViRuS @ Jun 27 2005, 04:53 PM)
Hi all

This is what I (and many many others) wish to change in Gondor:
three things if happened in gandulf i guess there will be a good balance:-
((1.)) gandulf must NOT kill Nazgul or any other hero form one shot (The Light), because there will be no challenge in that

example rohan vs gondor

Rohan recruit Legolas and gondor recruit Gandulf
legolas is $3000
Gandulf is $6000
legolas can kill Gandulf in more than 30 shots i believe
Gandulf can kill Legolas in ONE shot
Is that balance

or another example

Nazgul is $5000
Gandulf is $6000
Nazgul can kill Gandulf in about 20 shots
Gandulf can kill Nazgul in ONE shot
Is that balance

another example

Witch King $8000 <-- the most expensive hero in BfME, i dont know y actually  dry.gif
Gandulf $6000 <-- CHEAPER than Witch King
Witch King needs about 20 shot to kill Gandulf
Gandulf can almost kill Witch king in ONE shot, witch means Gandulf + 1 battalion of archers can kill Nazgul in ONE shot
Is that balance
((2.)) I believe that the Rank 10 movement from Gandulf witch kills all nearby enemy units is WAAAAY overpowered. Always when I play vs Gondor (I am Mordor player) I play until Gandulf reaches rank 10, if Gandulf reached rank 10 CERTAINLY i will surrender, and it happened with me before many times.
((3.)) Gandulf is weak attacker on the buildings, if his damage for buildings increased it will be better.
---------------------
---------------------

and alittle other things that happen in Gondor in general,

1. Farmeir and Borimer are very week attackers, I've never seen someone depend on them, everyone buy them when they have cash flow. so if their "melee" attack increased it will be better.

2. Gondor is the only team witch its sitizen has a defence, so no one will can destroy any place with men. so I believe that the sitizen must remove their defenese + increase their power, or keep the defence but it should be made less power or make less damage.

3. Gondor's catapulet is very week attacker, if it's damage increase it will be better.

thats what I have for now

yesterday I played a game witch reached about 2 hours, and its size about 200KB. all the game i owned the FULL map, and he was playing with only Gandulf and full defenses. i sware i attacked once with about 10 mumakills and 5 trolls and about 20 harrardrims batalions, and i couldn't enter to his place, because of Gandulf, the defences, and the Pigons u0udiablo.gif. so i told him, I got tired and I can't do anything, GG then I surrendered.

sorry for this long post, and sorry for my bad english, and I really hope that EaGames could read this post

Regards,
BLaCk ViRuS

Gandy is way too overpowered, yes, atm he is the only reliable hero we can use, if Faramir/Boromir gets some improvments it will be fine.

Also, Gandy DO NOT insta kill Nazguls at rank 5 but that naz gets like 1 hp left (this is what I have been experiences in several games), but in rank 5-7 he insta kills em. Also, your nazguls/witchking is FREE to revive, our heroes isn't therefore it is a greater loss for us if a hero dies than one of ur nazguls.
But I agree, Gandy is too overpowered and needs an change, Gandys Istari light is meant to SCARE enemys of the dark sides away, not killing em, so he should not being able to kill his foes, but scare em. Therefore, if he strikes against nazguls, they loses kinda 50% av full hp, and must fly away in terror bec of the light beam. What im saying here is that you cannot use it on a target, but at an area, all units in that area MUST flee bec of the light beam =)

This post has been edited by Lolindir: Jun 27 2005, 15:11 PM

+
# 18Warrior/DooM Jun 27 2005, 17:40 PM
Yeh ia gree with the hero thing. Also i like all the ideas about units

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 19Horn_Of_Gondor Jun 27 2005, 19:09 PM
in 1.03 this is how i think our units should get changed : gandy nerfed a bit cuz u gotta admit word of power is a little ridiculous frusty.gif however besides gandy most of our stuff should get buffed. Denethor bros need to get buffed BIG TIME especially boromir, hes my favourite hero but he does kinda suck sad.gif he should get Leadership at rank 1 and captain of gondor at rank 5 id say, also make him attack faster. Faramir should be able to get on a horse at rank 1 and leadership at rank 1 . our archers also suck really bad too rangers should have a surprise attack bonus so maybe first hit is about 300% more damage and we should be able to make them pull out swords whenever we want instead of only when the enemy gets close i remember a time in 1.01 when they stood a chance against elves sad.gif uhhhh thats about it everyone else is ABSOLUTELY right about how gondor should get buffed too but this is just my opinion on how we should get buffed

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 20IJeIvIoIViO Jun 27 2005, 20:09 PM
All change wrote by [TFV]Lolindir are good. in particular boost down damage of forged blade of knight. they are ridicolous overpowered. Gondor in the movie has the strongest infatry. not laser sword lol. buff infantry for nerf knight and istari of gandalf.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)