Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

Kaia vs Cerebral

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1snakefire82 Feb 19 2007, 04:54 AM
An hour long game with lots of fighting throughout. Enjoy your medals!:)

How to watch replays.
Original Topic

Kaia vs [StR] Cerebral
Map: New England

[StR] Cerebral
Civ: Ports
cuetech:2053

+ The land grab card really helped you at a time when you were pushed back in a corner.
+ You managed to keep your idle settlers low even when your base was being assaulted without losing too many settlers.
+ You used the upgraded dragoon card to great effect. With good micro, you had them winning vs their counters.

-Well now you know the trick of sending two caravels to pwn a tc. If you face anybody with 2 caravels in their deck, you better send them as well as your first card.
-You lost your two organ guns too easily. He sent some minutemen at them and instead of fireing, you moved them as the minutes chased them down.
-As you were so low on coin, advanced church would have helped you a lot as this was the perfect situation for bestieros.
-You never even got veteran xbows. You were fighting with colonial units vs guard units.
-I have no idea why you started spamming musks when you hit imperial. They had no upgrades whereas your jinetes were imperial.

Early game things were looking bad for you but your repelled wave after wave of his men and eventually were able to steal the win in imperial. Player Rating: 6/10

Kaia

Civ: Brits
Cuetech: 1914.4

+You did well to find his tc in the making.
+You did well using caravels for transport up and down the coast and well as for backing your army up.

- A hint, had you scouted his tc wagon, you could have put your buoy next to where it was being built and pwned it that way. You get to his tc much earlier and increase your chances of getting it.
- Getting the traderoute didnt work very well as you didnt have map control at the time. I think you would have been better off spamming some more manors.
-Spies could have benefitted you since they do well vs cacadores and mamelukes.
-At 22:00, you lost 2 falcs needlessly, almost as if you were afk.
- At 35:00 you again lost 3 falcs needlessly to some hussars. You should have brought a canoe over and put the falcs inside.
- Your multitasking was pretty bad. Very often you sent in a nice raid with your hussars but then you forgot about them and they started to siege buildings while he sent in a dragoon platoon. Often your lbs were under fire while they sieged a building. You also had idle settlers. Get a sex change, apparently woman are better multi taskers.
- I am quite stupified as to how you managed to lose to a dragoon spam but one suggestion is that you never fielded enough lbs at once. Fencing school could have helped you here. Rockets would also have been very usefull but I assume your factories were on wood so that could have been a problem.

Early game you did pretty well but as the game dragged on, his dragoons really hurt you and he pushed you back for the win. Player Rating: 6/10

Exciting game from start to finish, rotw contender. Game rating: 7/10

Review done by Gazza89
Rating out of 10

Attached File(s)
Attached File Kaia_vs_Cerebral_new_england.age3Xrec
Size: 736.92k
Number of downloads: 308
Player Name Side Team
Kaia 1
[StR] Cerebral 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 2KicoRox Feb 23 2007, 23:23 PM
I hope you don't get mad at me for not agreeing with your player rating. I seriously thought that Cerebral player better tha Kaia.

Although he lost his fort IMHO in a stupid way, as well as his initial TC, his econ administration was outstanding. I really could not believe my eyes as he managed to win the game in the end. It seemed as though it was all over. Amazing how those 20 odd cassadors he had managed to put off so many waves of LB.

I also believe Kaia would have won had he not attacked Cerebral from the western front. He should have pushed there where Cerebral's defenses were weaker.

I also believe Kaia did not take full advantage of the map control he had later on. He should have populated the western side of his share of the map, and should have mined all the gold mines before moving to plantations.

Cerebral also had a chance to gather some huntables which were slightly closer to his side of the map next to the central traderoute region.

Cerebral also took a little while to build that wall. It would have warded off or at least given some time to maneuver from hussar raids and suchlike.

Anyway, it was a very close battle. Everything pointed in the direction of Kaia winning. Those initial falcs could have won the game. Cerebral was far superior controlling his economy. IMHO his micro-ing and economy control should have awarded him a 7 score.

GREAT GAME. One of the best I've seen in a long time. No because the players were especially amazing, more for the entertainment value of it.

Anyway, good job guys!

+
# 3cyspur Mar 6 2007, 08:48 AM
very entertaining, but wouldnt pikes have sorted cerebrals dragoons instead of pumping lbows all the time?

+
# 4cyspur Mar 7 2007, 13:03 PM
QUOTE(cyspur @ Mar 6 2007, 08:48 AM) *

very entertaining, but wouldnt pikes have sorted cerebrals dragoons instead of pumping lbows all the time?

anybody home?

+
# 5Kaia Mar 7 2007, 22:29 PM
no prolly not, look at the speed on the thinredlined pikes and look at the speed on goons smile.gif

and anyways, 5speed pikes die to goons if he has a minimum of micro so that wasn't a great idea smile.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6cyspur Mar 8 2007, 12:35 PM
thx kaia smile.gif

how do i check out the speed ?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)