Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

1v1 ARMIES Tournament, 26 May

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1EteRnaL May 22 2007, 18:53 PM
There will be an ARMIES 1v1 double elimination tournament on the 1.04 patch on Saturday, 26 May. The tournament will start at 4:10 PM GMT (or 5:10 BST for those in the UK) in the Original Armies Only Lobby. Please be sure to arrive BEFORE 4:00 GMT or your spot may be lost!

SIGN-UP HERE!

Armies will be chosen for this tournament, however Toxin, Stealth, and USAF are barred from use. Will we be using "Army Lock" on each round. This means that you must choose a different army for each game in a particular round. This will prevent players from playing one army the entire tournament and force everyone to switch armies at least once each round.

The final round will start on Tournament Desert, and the loser of the first game will have the option of choosing the next map to be played. The final round will also receive a special LIVE shoutcast by EteRnaL and Flamzypants, which will be posted in the Shoutcast Forum shortly after the tourney ends.

Map pool for this tournament:
- Barren Badlands
- Desert Fury
- Dust Devil
- Flash Fire
- Forgotten Forest
- Tournament Plains
- Winter Wolf

I will be on the GR TeamSpeak server (85.236.100.35:9057) about 20 or 30 minutes before the tournament starts to handle any question/comments/suggestions that there might be. I will stay there until the final starts at which time I will move to a private TS to make the shoutcast. smile.gif

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SAVE AND POST UP ALL YOUR REPLAYS! I will be making a replay topic in the tournament forum after and I expect to see everyone posting their replays.

Once again, good luck to all the participants!

This post has been edited by EteRnaL: May 22 2007, 18:55 PM

Clan: -FaKe|

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Mister_Ninja May 23 2007, 09:32 AM
How many games per round?

+
# 3AngryHan May 23 2007, 15:34 PM
One game I believe, unless otherwise mentioned. The finals is best of 3.

Clan: H2

+
# 4EteRnaL May 23 2007, 16:33 PM
Double elimination means that each round is best out of 3. There will be no loser's bracket though. smile.gif

+
# 5AngryHan May 23 2007, 16:35 PM
Oh didn't see double elimination blush.gif

+
# 6Nimitz May 23 2007, 17:01 PM
I'm in Germany?? (i think GMT+1), do you guys know when i have to be on??

Game: Generals 2

+
# 7AngryHan May 23 2007, 17:27 PM
5.10pm?

+
# 8Hai2u May 23 2007, 18:05 PM
Allthough I'm not involved in those tournament....why aren't tox, stealth and usaf allowed? 0wn3d.gif

Isn't it a bit unfair to those who normally play them? post-13661-1143531603.gif

This post has been edited by Hai2u: May 23 2007, 18:07 PM

+
# 9AngryHan May 23 2007, 18:32 PM
They are far too powerful. People who always play those armies are get easy wins because of how imbalanced they are compared to other factions.

+
# 10Nimitz May 23 2007, 19:12 PM
QUOTE(PyRo^ @ May 23 2007, 19:27 PM) *

5.10pm?

except that the uk and germany are NOT in the same time zone (forgive me if i have made a stupid mistake)

Game: Generals 2

+
# 11EteRnaL May 23 2007, 21:08 PM
Is Germany on any sort of dalight savings time right now? Because ATM the UK is GMT + 1.

+
# 12Wolf-Fox May 24 2007, 01:04 AM
i am a new member in this website, just joined 5 minutes ago =P cuz i heard the tournies here r off da hook and so i think this website is the best for zero hour and RTS game, this pwns. Anyways tox, stealth and USAF cud be easily counetred. USAF stands no chance against inf and stealth will be owned by tank gen or nuke gen.. ANd toxin is just like normal GLA only of the toxin so i personally thinks the only one of the all of them out shud be SWG even though that my face its too cheap later on in da game.. drol.gif

+
# 13AngryHan May 24 2007, 16:08 PM
No offence mate, but you're clueless wink.gif If you've played at a top level, you'd know of the imbalances. USAF can buttfuck Inf and Stealth easily, those armies just have it easiest against USAF, but it doesn't mean they're better. A good GLA player can own any China, and Toxin isn't 'just like normal GLA'. It's miles better than any GLA, only Stealth comes close to it.

SWG is a very weak general, and it usually can't survive to the late game, so that point's completely moot.

+
# 14Wolf-Fox May 24 2007, 19:46 PM
QUOTE(PyRo^ @ May 24 2007, 12:08 PM) *

No offence mate, but you're clueless wink.gif If you've played at a top level, you'd know of the imbalances. USAF can buttfuck Inf and Stealth easily, those armies just have it easiest against USAF, but it doesn't mean they're better. A good GLA player can own any China, and Toxin isn't 'just like normal GLA'. It's miles better than any GLA, only Stealth comes close to it.

SWG is a very weak general, and it usually can't survive to the late game, so that point's completely moot.

what I said was that a good INF cud USAF cuz king raptors will be owned plus the rockvees u shud get attack outposts. Now i said Stealth will be owned by TANK or NUKE hence they have no tanks but a good stealth cud win it depends on the players, generally stealth will be owned by tank or nuke if the player is a noob and doesnt noe how to tunnel well. Toxin.. vGla are practically same shit, do u see any new units beside their toxin powers and rebels ?? and the fact that their RPGs cud track down aircraft.. its still same shit sleep.gif

+
# 15AngryHan May 24 2007, 20:34 PM
Inf stands a good chance against USAF, but if both players know what they're doing, USAF will win.

Stealth will be owned by TANK or NUKE hence they have no tanks but a good stealth cud win it depends on the players

So what exactly are you trying to say here? Stealth will own both of them no problem, if the players are at the same level. Of course it also depends on players. A shit stealth could easily get beaten by nuke or tank.

generally stealth will be owned by tank or nuke if the player is a noob and doesnt noe how to tunnel well.

There, you just basically pointed out for me that stealth will only lose if the stealth player is a noob. If both players are good, the stealth will win.

Toxin and vGLA are NOWHERE near the same. I can't believe you're speaking such nonsense. Toxin's terrorists are as strong as demo's. Toxin RPGs have tracking. Toxin tunnels outclass all other tunnels. Toxin rebels just wtf, they can own anything that isn't really heavily armoured (overlord heavily armoured). Gamma? What a joke. Pit gamma buses against regular buses. You're clueless, mate.

+
# 16Wolf-Fox May 25 2007, 02:32 AM
QUOTE(PyRo^ @ May 24 2007, 16:34 PM) *

Inf stands a good chance against USAF, but if both players know what they're doing, USAF will win.
So what exactly are you trying to say here? Stealth will own both of them no problem, if the players are at the same level. Of course it also depends on players. A shit stealth could easily get beaten by nuke or tank.
There, you just basically pointed out for me that stealth will only lose if the stealth player is a noob. If both players are good, the stealth will win.

Toxin and vGLA are NOWHERE near the same. I can't believe you're speaking such nonsense. Toxin's terrorists are as strong as demo's. Toxin RPGs have tracking. Toxin tunnels outclass all other tunnels. Toxin rebels just wtf, they can own anything that isn't really heavily armoured (overlord heavily armoured). Gamma? What a joke. Pit gamma buses against regular buses. You're clueless, mate.

if u build 2 tunnels next to each other the vGla one will one whistling.gif but against everything else yeh toxin is better... the on thing i didnt noe was that toxin terrors are as strong as demo huh.gif

+
# 17-Wolf^ May 26 2007, 05:49 AM
AFG > Tox > Inf > Stealth > GLA > USA > Demo > Laser > Tank > Nuke > SWG > Vchina

If i'm off in anyone's view, i'm sure it's only by 1 or 2. Anyways, i'll sign up. I may or may not make it, i have 2 freinds coming over. LAN = FtWtehpwns!

This post has been edited by -WoLf^: May 26 2007, 05:50 AM

Game: World in Conflict

+
# 18HaWkY^ May 26 2007, 08:02 AM
QUOTE(Wolf-Fox @ May 24 2007, 02:04 AM) *

i am a new member in this website, just joined 5 minutes ago =P cuz i heard the tournies here r off da hook and so i think this website is the best for zero hour and RTS game, this pwns. Anyways tox, stealth and USAF cud be easily counetred. USAF stands no chance against inf and stealth will be owned by tank gen or nuke gen.. ANd toxin is just like normal GLA only of the toxin so i personally thinks the only one of the all of them out shud be SWG even though that my face its too cheap later on in da game.. drol.gif

soundslike a post tht some idiots make in ooe forum sometgimes 2bh wacko.gif

tox, stealth, and afg and not easly counterd at all wacko.gif

af vs inf is easy, go 1 airfield and 1 warfac, spam towvees from war fac and use any raps to kill helix's/outposts/flamers/assault troop crawlers and the mass vee spam owns the inf.

i dont even need to say stealth vs tank/nuke.

swg sucks wacko.gif vees are to expencive...

no1 should lose a gla mirror if they have tox, gla can only build quads (because of the mass rpg from tunnels) but scorps, from tox, easly own rpg wacko.gif

I can't play in the tourey post-13661-1143531603.gif I'm at headingley today for the cricket.

This post has been edited by -|HaWkY^: May 26 2007, 08:03 AM

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 19Wolf-Fox Jun 11 2007, 03:38 AM
we need another tourny

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)