Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

China Guide on Scorched Earth

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Basel May 25 2007, 11:48 AM
China Guide on Scorched Earth

Scorched Earth is a funny 1v1 map that gives you a great challenge, the map is pretty wide and you have to use a good tactics to make it on this map, so you don’t lose the game.
The map has many bunkers around, to garrison with infantry, and the map is similar to tournament desert, as it has 2 oils on each side.
Attached Image
Attached Image
When playing china on this map, there are some strategies that are risky and other strategies that can be more secure on this particular map.

In this guide I will talk about:

-Strategies
-Build order

Match up: China vs. China

Dual War factory

-Strategies

Playing dual war factory on this map is one of the best strategies, but you have to think about the placement of your war factory’s at the start, as you see in the screen shot I have taken here:
Attached Image
Attached Image

I placed a war factory at left entrance and right entrance to make my units cover both sides and keep attacking him from all side. It's very important on this map that you mix your units with flame tanks, gattling tanks, infantry and battle masters or you won't make it.
On this map you can double one side with units, or divide them to attack both sides and always have flame tanks to clear the garrisoned buildings.

Build order

With your first dozer, build a power plant and from your main command centre build a second dozer. With your second dozer, drive down and build a supply at your secondary supplies. While you are sending your second dozer to make a supply your first dozer will now finish building your power plant and sell your command centre and build a primary supply at the top. Now, your first supply will finish building and place a war factory beside it but not so close to it so you can make it if a sneak flamers comes and try to flame your base you will have time now to save something . Now your Second supply is finished make a war factory at your second supply. When both War factories are up make some gattling tanks and send one to each flank fast because your enemy might not have gone the same strategy as you and he might of went for fast oils at the start and by sending gattling tanks and maybe a flame tank to the side’s you can kill his red guard and any infantry that are going to bunker up beside the oils. Its good to send gattling tanks at side or via the middle because if you make it to his base you can now see what strategy he has used and you can adapt your strategy and that will save you time and you wont now get surprised. When you got money make a barracks and garrison some towers at middle and in front of you. You don’t want him to take the towers and defend them because then you will have hard time to make it. Always remember here to mix your unites, you need gattling tanks and you need infantry and you can make them in to groups, with marking the unites you want and pressing Ctrl + a number from 1 - 9. now by just pressing the number you assigned for the unties they will get selected and you will be able to micro your unites better.

Taking oils strat

-Strategies

Going for oils on this map is sometimes risky strategy because if you don’t make it taking the oils and your enemy went dual war factory. Your base will probably be over run by more unites than you. That what happen to me one time when I went one war factory in the middle of my base and went one barrack and sent some unites on each flank for the oils. The enemy saw that I was going for the oils so he sent many units vs. me gattling tanks and flame tanks with battle masters and destroyed the oils and then over run my base. So here we have to adapt or make a strategy that can save us from becoming over run. What I suggest its that if you are planning to take the oils then you need to make a bunker at one of the sides because you cant make it at start vs. dual war factory spam whit only one war factory but you can hold 1 of the sides until you take the oils or just when you got the money going over to dual war factory. Don’t make the mistake if you take the oils making a propaganda centre because you wont have a chance then to make it and you will probably be over run. So its important that you get up second war factory on this map before the propaganda centre.
Attached Image

Build order

With your first dozer build a power plant and from your main command centre build a second dozer. Whit your second dozer drive down and build a supply. Wile you are sending your second dozer to make a supply your first dozer will now finish building your power plant and sell your command centre and build a barracks. Make 4 tank hunters and one red guard team and the oil capture upgrade. Build a war factory and then make a bunker at the supply where you don’t have a war factory beside and put two tank hunters inside then send your red guard to the oils fast and put them in the bunker at the oils. Remember to put one tank hunter and one red guard on each bunker at the oils. The bunker is good because the flamer wont kill the men inside them and that will save the flank. You must have two supplies so you can get some money and when going for the oils strategy make only gattling tank + tank hunters and try to defend your oils until you take them. If you succeed taking the oils then make fast a second war factory and start mixing your unites whit flame tanks and battle masters with gattling tanks and infantry and start pushing your enemy back. The start in this strategy is critical you need to be fast.
There are two towers in front of your base and behind them there is space for a war factory. its good to place a tank hunter in the towers or just explore the area because some guys use a strategy that depends on luck. they make a war factory fast near your base before the towers where you cant see them yet and then starting making many flame tanks and use them to flame your base. So its important that you explore most of the hidden areas on the flanks and middle so you get a wide view.

Match up: China vs. GLA

Taking oils strategy

-Strategies

Personally I think its hard to play vs. GLA on this map because its wide and GLA can sneak to your base from everywhere. When playing china vs. GLA both will probably try taking the oils so they can start produce many units. When playing vs. GLA you have to force one of the sides. GLA will at least try to take one of the oils and bunker up the side. You cant full attack on all sides so its better if you secure one of the sides whit a bunker or some infantry in the towers and keep one gattling tank at your lonely supply and the other side building a war factory and a barracks and try to take both oils. Letting GLA take many towers and oils will make you lose the game. You have to watch it for dozer hunting so its good to use mines. Going fast air vs. GLA can help a bit if u don’t lose all the towers. I will talk about some different strategies and what build order you do.

Build order

Whit your first dozer build a power plant and from your main command centre build a second dozer. Whit your second dozer drive down and build a supply. Wile you are sending your second dozer to make a supply your first dozer will now finish building your power plant and sell your main command centre and build a barrack. make some tank hunters and red guard and the oil capture upgrade. Don’t build your second supply instead build fast a War factory and send flamers and make a second barrack. Make some tank hunters and send whit the flamer on to the oils and kill fast the tunnel that is building up at the oils. Bunker the bunker beside the oils and take the oils. if you went dual supply then war factory you wont make it because you wont have money to make the necessary unites. When you took the oils make your second supply and then spam some infantry at all sides and try to take the towers and try to surround the GLA player. If the GLA player lost the oils then you won half of the game. The GLA player will make terrorist or putt some infantry in a tech car and try to dozer hunt you and kill your dozer and then blow up your war factory and that will make u lose the game despite that you won the oil battle he will make it whit his dual supply. This strategy is the best strategy I think vs. GLA on this map and its most secure for you to play it. The flame tanks and some red guards will kill the tunnel before GLA have his scorpions to defend the tunnel vs. flame tanks. and taking the oils will give you a great money boost and give you the option to make migs whit your gattling tank + infantry attacks.

Dual airfield strat

-Strategies

I tried to make dual airfield on this map and see how fast it is and how many migs i can make at the start and how effective it is. It was very effective if you do it like I going to tell you now.

Build order

Whit your first dozer build a power plant and from your main command centre build a second dozer. Whit your second dozer drive down and build a supply. Wile you are sending your second dozer to make a supply your first dozer will now finish building your power plant and sell your main command centre and build a second supply at the top. Now your first supply will finish building and your second will soon finish building so make two airfields beside your supplies and when they are done you can create two migs from each airfield. When you get your first migs fly whit them fast and search the flank. i think you will have time to kill the tunnel worker before he build it up. Build a barrack on each entrance and make some infantry and bunker the oil bunkers. Mike mines on your barracks and airfields and when you got money create a war factor or just trying fast making the oil capture upgrade and take the oils then making a war factory. Try this strategy and improve it. Remember to kill his workers that is collecting food so you can slow him down and don’t be able to make many tech cars and try to blow your fields up. its important that you try to take most of the towers so he don’t kill you migs. smile.gif

Attached Image

Match up: China vs. USA

Taking oils strategy

-Strategies

Well I haven’t played many USA players on this map and can not come up with many strategies vs. USA here than spamming infantry and gattling tanks. The map is very wide so you got very good chance to out micro USA and kill his chinook. But this isn’t easy because a USA player got many starts that he can do on this map and you can lose it very easy. On start he can drop your supply and make u very slow or he can be doing dual barracks and taking the oils faster than you. As you see the map got many towers and can make it very hard for you to pass. if you let USA take the oils then you will have hard time to make it when he spam’s infantry and men whit flash bang and garrisons the towers. So vs. USA you need to be fast and first watch for drops and then be fast whit flamers and gattling tanks at start and don’t let him take the oils. You never know if he doesn’t drop you he got time to make a patriot at the oils and that wont let you take the oils or he can in one drop kill all your dozer then u will 100% lose wink.gif

Build order

what I suggest its that you make at the start a power plant and then you make whit your second dozer a barrack. Send two tank hunters with each dozer and keep them at the supply that you goner build. The red guard you made send them to the oils fast and when you made a war factory send some gattling tanks and flamers. try to take the oils fast and make more barracks and try to spam him out from all sides. If you got dropped then try fast killing his dozer and if don’t got the distance to kill the dozer and he tries to overrun you whit dozer then place a explosive on his dozer whit the tank hunter and you will kill the dozer.

That was all for now a GLA guide coming soon hopefully
hope this guide can help you a bit.

have fun banana.gif

This post has been edited by Timeline: Jun 21 2007, 22:52 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Clan: Shield

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 2Nubbe May 25 2007, 12:01 PM
wrong forum?

+
# 3Basel May 25 2007, 18:22 PM
QUOTE(Nubbe @ May 25 2007, 14:01 PM) *

wrong forum?

absolutely

+
# 4john87 May 25 2007, 19:33 PM
Wow, excellent guide basel. Moved, ofc.

Clan: -|NwM|

+
# 5-PeTe- May 25 2007, 22:45 PM
I'll run a check over it for the Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling.

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 6--ReLixXz-Z- May 26 2007, 10:56 AM
Making portal post good job nice to see a different map smile.gif

+
# 7-NaaB- May 26 2007, 11:32 AM
"Remeber to kill his workers that is collection food"
rof basel ^^ nice guide

+
# 8Basel May 26 2007, 11:39 AM
QUOTE(-NaaB- @ May 26 2007, 13:32 PM) *

"Remeber to kill his workers that is collection food"
rof basel ^^ nice guide

shithappens but its fixed now ^^

+
# 9Trixx May 26 2007, 11:44 AM
Nice guide mate, good tactics and a nice structure smile.gif

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: League of Legends

+
# 10-WaRPiG^ May 29 2007, 05:13 AM
nice guide basel. i just made a topic asking if you guys were writing guides for other maps. then i saw this. wd

Clan: AnZaC

Game: Generals 2

+
# 11Basel May 29 2007, 07:12 AM
QUOTE(-WaRPiG^ @ May 29 2007, 07:13 AM) *

nice guide basel. i just made a topic asking if you guys were writing guides for other maps. then i saw this. wd

tnx and dont worry i will write guides on all maps that is hard 2 play on for tourneys but i gona now finnish the gla guide for this map

+
# 12whatsupdoc? May 29 2007, 10:44 AM
Thks biggrin.gif that helps me alot to improve on 1vs1 besides TD.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)