Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

China Guide for Tournament Desert

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1xFactor May 27 2007, 00:14 AM
China Versus USA Strategies

The first main build order is the War factory/Barracks build order. Your first dozer builds a reactor then your second builds a barracks in front of your Command Centre. Once your reactor is finished you immediately build a supply then once barracks is finished build a Red Guard and 2 Tank Hunters, the purpose of the two tank hunters is to stop a patriot drop which can be deadly but its very easy to stop if you have these ready to kill the dozer. Send your red guards to the oils get the second supply up with the dozer that finished the barracks, by now you will have your war factory finished and building a gattling. You need to be prepared when you do this strategy he may try to kill off your red guards to slow you down till he can get paladins to the oils and kill them which is what USA usually does. You need to make sure you garrison that red guard quickly then send a gattling tank on the way to fight off the quick dozer or humvee.
Attached Image
Attached File UvC_Meatshield_GG.rep
Size: 102.38k
Number of downloads: 197
Player Name Side Team
[Rv]*B^io|H|azarD*{0}* 0
[MeatShield] 0

Attached File UvCggjohn.rep
Size: 116.89k
Number of downloads: 160
Player Name Side Team
[KR3W]Arctic'{0} 0
.-~*Afflalo*~-.{0}* 0

Another strategy I use is made up by Option, (I think). I copied him and it helped my to many victories!

First off you get your dozer and build a reactor. Your second dozer that comes out of the Command Centre and immediately move it towards the middle, about halfway stop and build a barracks. You should be building a supply by now and now done with your barracks, send two Tank Hunters to the back of your base by supply then take the dozer than finished with the barracks and build a war factory a little above it like this.

Attached Image

This strategy is meant to be a fast spammed strategy and to win in the first 40kb. It usually works if you have good micro along with some common sense and I personally like to use it quite allot. Its great versus dual barracks and a drop because the two Tank Hunters stop the dozer and trucks run over Rocket Men. Try to advance with your dozer and keep on pressuring your opponent build barracks along the way to help you spam so you don’t have to spam just off that one barrack its a very efficient strategy. Just make sure your base doesn’t get destroyed with flank paladins but you can always spam Tank Hunters to stop that out of main barracks. Here are some replays of it.

Attached File ifancvuforwardwarf1.rep
Size: 23.97k
Number of downloads: 158
Player Name Side Team
-|GR^Ag[e]nT- 0
-|NwM|^Santa-* 0

Attached File ifancvu_forwardwfstrat2.rep
Size: 31.5k
Number of downloads: 125
Player Name Side Team
-|GR^Ag[e]nT- 0
-|NwM|^Santa-* 0

Attached File Squant_2easy.rep
Size: 21.33k
Number of downloads: 154
Player Name Side Team
-|NwM|^Santa`{0}* 0
[Pur3]MdMicro- 0

Attached File Squant_anotherbash.rep
Size: 46.54k
Number of downloads: 133
Player Name Side Team
[Pur3]MdMicro- 0
-|NwM|^Santa`{0}* 0

Attached File Squant_bash3.rep
Size: 31.51k
Number of downloads: 141
Player Name Side Team
AllFractions- 0
-|NwM|^Santa`{0}* 0

Now Overall China versus USA is adoption. You will have to learn this with experience and i cannot teach you it. Say he drops the oils your going to have to think fast and get Tank Hunters there quickly with a gattling tank, always try to harass the USA supplies with gattling tanks down the flanks and up the middle its essential for a win. In a China vs. USA game its good to Gattling/Tank hunter hard in the beginning how to do this is just spam Tank Hunters with some gattling tanks then build barracks on flanks and up middle. Your going to NEED the oils badly so get them and eventually middle, try to go for a quick airfield its always essential in a China Versus USA and needed. Eventually if he has snipers and a whole lot of paladins late game which in a China Vs USA match up he should be dead by then if you have done all these things but if he isn’t tech up get a CC and beware of the drops. Usually a USA player will try to drop your airfield and use a Burton to harass your supplies ect. so mine some of your buildings. Get overlords plus plenty of Gattling tanks and possibly a nuke and the combo with migs this USA player wont have a chance. I hope this helps you some.

China Versus China Strategies

In a China Versus China game early on it doesn’t matter what Strategy you go you need to make some damage to your opponent. Whether it be getting a gattling tank in and harassing his supply trucks or a flamer in or my personal favourite going Dual War factory with 3Battle Masters on each flank really works out unless he has Tank Hunters which you need a Gattling to fight those off. Its always good to tech faster than your opponent, but beware sometimes that it can hurt you sometimes if he has a giant force coming at you and your about to tech up because your saving 2000$ that’s not smart, keep building BMs take middle and don’t be the one that’s behind on building things its not smart.

In late game China Vs China its always smart to get Subliminal Message for extra health, it costs nothing and can win you the game very easily with its strength. Nukes are key in a China Vs China, always use them well and force fire constantly with all of your units unless its not needed but its best to do it constantly. Airfields are not always needed but its nice to have them to fight off lotus and nukes its your choice to build one i usually do now its smart play. Here is a Black Lotus tutorial that is very helpful on how to use your lotus which is a key unit in any china game but especially China vs. China.

Dual War factory can be played many ways its the main strategy that is used constantly used by many china pro players today.
Attached Image

This strategy can be used Versus any of the China Versus China strategy, it just depends on which one your using. There’s the famous three Battle Masters to each flank to harass and do lots of damage to his economy. Its slow but super effective but not verse Tank Hunters. If you box trick a barracks and decide to use that strategy it would be smart to bring along a flamer or a gattling to fight the Tank Hunters off or else its a big waste. Another way to use the famous Dual War factory is fast gattling tanks following that with Battle Masters up the middle. It doesn’t matter how you start off it just matters how you adapt to what’s in front of you. How to counter a fast tech with dual war factory would be to stop him from getting the top left oil which they usually do. Then you get middle and garrison and tech up quickly so your not to far behind your opponent. With middle and the oils on your side the fast tech wont stand a chance if you hold the middle right with nukes/overlords. How to Counter fast oil is pretty easy with this strategy. All you have to do is stop him from getting the oils and he’s slowed way down. To do this you build gattling tanks and flamers to the side along with BMs kill it if you have to just don’t let him get it. If you know he’s going to do this strategy its going to be easy to counter it.

Attached File CW_05_1_.03.07_OoE_Silver_CvC_awesome____.rep
Size: 239.62k
Number of downloads: 156
Player Name Side Team
[ChGrue]DeadClovvN^* 0
[OoE]Silver 0

Attached File CvCjohnWp.rep
Size: 77.45k
Number of downloads: 134
Player Name Side Team
[KR3W]Arctic'{0} 0
.-~*Afflalo*~-.{0}* 0

Attached File book_v_skynny.rep
Size: 133k
Number of downloads: 136
Player Name Side Team
abdul-hussain* 0
-[First]Skynny- 0

Fast tech is another great strategy to use and its really effective.
Attached Image

It can be helpful in many ways, you first build a reactor like usual then once your second dozer is finished send it to your second supply stash and build a supply building. Do the same with your first dozer and get a supply centre up. Once that is done you build a war factory and send your second dozer that was at the top of the hill to the right flank next to the top of the trees to build a barracks and then a bunker. This helps out allot because it prevents the china player from getting to you from that side and slows them down giving you time to build. Once your war factory is done build a prop centre and one battle master/gattling to protect the flank. Once the prop centre is done immediately build a lotus, be sure to get that first oil for some extra cash which helps. This is the Fast tech strategy, from there on its your choice on what you do. Adapt to whatever he throws at you. Couldn’t find any replays on this but there are plenty.

Another strategy is fast oils, used by many and is very effective if played right.
Attached Image

This strategy is risky but in my opinion but a good one. First way is to make your barracks with your second dozer in your base bunker two civilian buildings and send your red guards with capture upgrade and two Battle masters to each oil or gattling tanks to each oil to fight off any incoming gattling tanks. Be sure to fire up your gattling tanks before getting into a gattling versus gattling fight its best to do this so you can win and scrap it up.

This strategy can be very helpful in the middle of the game. It can give tons of cash and be a real helpful strategy if done right. Be sure to tech up pretty quickly and get a second dozer. Use your barracks in your base encase he does a Battle Master spam to your base just play smart. Versus quick tech this strategy works well since you have the oils + middle and a pretty fast prop centre. If you play versus Dual War factory you will have problems at start but you can win easily. The better build order versus dual War factory is middle barracks send your Red guards to the oils and put 2 tank hunters in the civilian buildings so if he want to go to the oil he will have to go the longer way and you will create time to send a Battle master to each oil. Then you will win. Make your Propaganda Centre when you've got at least one oil. Fight for the seconded, if you do get it, use it effectively. Make a Barracks on the flank with your secondary supply depot, mine the barracks, that's a good protection. Make migs and a seconded war factory take one middle supply depot and hold onto map control. Be sure to always be one step ahead of him and try to keep the oils all game long.

China Versus GLA Strategies

First one is the middle supply one.
Attached Image

You get a supply up in middle and send a truck to the cars run them over than search the flanks to run over workers. This works very well and has great map awareness giving GLA no upper-hand having easy access to your base. As China you need to get a early Gattling/Tank hunters down to his base as quick as you can unless your doing a certain strategy which is the Migs strategy. With this strategy you have already taken the middle with three supplies and have more income than him plus better map awareness. Now you just spam gattling tanks and tank hunters to his base with a few flamers. Be sure to have a flamer on handy encase he tries to garrison RPG troopers to take out supply trucks plus dozer. Going a war factory and a airfield can be very successful but be aware if he takes out your airfield with a TT you will have a hell of a time trying to stay in the game, fighting off his flank tunnels will be hard with scorpions plus quads spamming at you.

Attached File cw24_fs.rep
Size: 40.96k
Number of downloads: 140
Player Name Side Team
-|NwM|^Santa`* 0
[FS]competeY 0

Attached File cw25_fs.rep
Size: 15.37k
Number of downloads: 127
Player Name Side Team
-|NwM|^Santa`* 0
[FS]competeY 0

Attached File cw31_fs.rep
Size: 59.51k
Number of downloads: 120
Player Name Side Team
-|NwM|^Santa`* 0
[FS]NiKe 0

The next strategy that is very useful to me and shouldn’t be used more than twice in a row just unexpectedly is the flank war factory strategy. It can be a big surprise to your opponent to see you using it and once you have that flamer right at there supply its over, just have to beware of the base swap that could happen and stop any incoming workers on the flanks with trucks that’s key. Overall China vs. GLA is just a mix of hard Gattling/Tank hunters in the beginning and if that fails go for hardcore migs. That will defiantly not fail with black napalm and overlords with always help. Harass his supplies and make sure he doesn’t get oils and you will be fine.

Attached File cw41_H.rep
Size: 150.96k
Number of downloads: 208
Player Name Side Team
H-Navel 0
-|NwM|^Santa-* 0

Another favourite strategy that is used by many today is the famous war factory/airfield strategy.
Attached Image

This strategy is defiantly limited in what it can do. Its not very good versus dual ad but it can be helpful versus GLA oil strategy which they usually do. I like it because its a quick way to harass GLA's supply workers and doesn’t damage. The mines save the dozers early on from any cars early on. The screenshot above shows how its done and it can be very simple. Once your done with the airfield build a few migs but be sure to mine it due to tech terrors that could easily kill it. The war factory needs to build a gattling and a flamer tank first send them to flank hoping to find a tunnel or workers and kill them off. Use the migs to take out workers at his supplies but try to avoid any quads or garrisoned buildings. Do not let him get the oils that would be devastating. Eventually tech up with a propaganda centre get black napalm build a barracks to counter his early scorpions you might want to bunker one side of your flank to make sure its safe. This strategy should work.

Hope everything I told you has helped this took my quite awhile. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Timeline: Jun 21 2007, 23:35 PM

Clan: Order Of The Elites

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 2BigDDesireN May 27 2007, 03:49 AM
Nice job m8. Thix for including me, Appreciate that smile.gif

Clan: Digital Militia

+
# 3BoWZeR May 27 2007, 04:29 AM
Red Guards Tank Hunters rax's wink.gif anways good guide but a lot of "fluff" in it.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4xFactor May 27 2007, 04:31 AM
QUOTE(tact1c @ May 26 2007, 23:29 PM) *

Red Guards Tank Hunters rax's wink.gif anways good guide but a lot of "fluff" in it.

Thanks, it wasnt my decision to write it out trust me it would of been alot easier to say THs. tongue.gif Its a new thing that we have to do it in guides plus reviews. wink.gif

+
# 5_JeremY_ May 27 2007, 06:58 AM
QUOTE(xFactor9 @ May 27 2007, 04:31 AM) *

Thanks, it wasnt my decision to write it out trust me it would of been alot easier to say THs. tongue.gif Its a new thing that we have to do it in guides plus reviews. wink.gif

pro guide m8 smile.gif ...

china whores.... whistling.gif lol pirate.gif

+
# 6john87 May 27 2007, 15:02 PM
Allow me to add this to China strat index.

Clan: -|NwM|

+
# 7BiohazarD May 27 2007, 15:28 PM
GUIDE SPAM!!

Clan: -|NwM|

+
# 8_JeremY_ May 27 2007, 17:32 PM
QUOTE(BiohazarD @ May 27 2007, 15:28 PM) *

GUIDE SPAM!!

LOL banana.gif

+
# 9HoNdA218 May 28 2007, 05:14 AM
Excellent guide Mr. DaZst`. Just lol at the CvU replay names....squant2easy....squantbash....squantbash2....squantbash3....lmao!

+
# 10xFactor May 28 2007, 05:32 AM
QUOTE(-ReLiq- @ May 28 2007, 00:14 AM) *

Excellent guide Mr. DaZst`. Just lol at the CvU replay names....squant2easy....squantbash....squantbash2....squantbash3....lmao!

That was the night me and Justin played him 15 times. I have about 15 replays of CvU. wink.gif

+
# 11-Unique- May 28 2007, 13:38 PM
nice X factor well done smile.gif

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 12-supernoodle- May 28 2007, 21:45 PM
Great guide m8 biggrin.gif. Rly thorough and helpful thum.gif

Clan: iWuB

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)