# 1Yellow2Bellow Oct 21 2007, 17:02 PM
Link to original review by inF.Daunt.

Review by: inF.Daunt

Starting positions:
d/c - USA
20id - USSR

Game mode:Domination

Overview:

Nice game with some state-of-the-art parts, mostly the drop wars by the docks and the TA usage by the main street. Since this map is almost a sure win for USA, d/c won the round, but 20id gained a tactical victory by holding on until the last second, avoiding to lose 100/0. d/c couldn't move the domination bar faster due to the docks being often controlled by USSR and the union center being often contested. Lot of action in the center, with tankbuster swarming around and furious tank battles, which initially d/c seemed to control better due to a better repairing. The turning point was 20id's push at the union center backed by an intensive use of TA in the center. The USA nuke was little more than firework, while its russian counterpart determined the outcome of the game. The rating would have been higher if there had been any sort of comeback (very unlikely in Space Needle), but throughout the match it was clear that the only question was "will d/c win before 20 minutes?".

d/c

Taking time at the soviet base can be a good thing, but paratroopers can't hold much time, so they ended giving free TA for the point recapture. The tanks/support coordination was a little bit better than the opponent team. Not enough effort was spent for the docks, USA has way better medium choppers that USSR, so going for the isolated points shoudln't be a problem. The nuke was a little bit hurried, there were no units to use the advantage gained by the bomb, so it eventually became something more than a firework. Less suicidal tanks than 20id, the units were used more wisely at first, but d/c failed to react properly at the game's turning point, the attack against the union center covered by tankbusters in the main road. Since that moment, d/c were pushed behind until the nuke made it impossible to regain the domination speed needed to end the game before 20 minutes. The overall behaviour was not enough aggressive in the first game, d/c preferred to fortify the space needle and did not push towards the enemy spawn, like 20id did in the second round.
    Tips for improvement
  • The nuke was used quite poorly, not many units were killed and 20id gained points by retaking the lost points.
  • Not enough effort at the docks, Russia often had air superiority
  • Paratroopers were not enough to cause a real pain at the soviet base, they ended up giving away free points. That point is a weak spot for the russians, but only if it's harassed right
20id

Coordination between tanks and support was often a little flawed, especially since the antiair was left behind to fortify. Tanks often left without being followed by repair veichles, sometimes they pushed forward even with enough life to sustain just 2-3 hits, therefore being sentenced to death. The choice of going medium air paid off, since air superiority was kept at the docks throughout the entire game. TA were used wisely, when all the tanks went right for the union center the main road was cleared by barrages and tankbuster, buying enough time to complete the assault on the union center without being overrun at the spawn by the supply center. Some light tanks could have been spared when the union center was crawling with enemy heavy tanks that ate the airdrops alive. Since now light tanks are not so cheap, it was a bad waste. The nuke was placed and timed perfectly.
The push at d/c's spawn in the second game was very good, the opponents never really recovered from that.
    Tips for improvement
  • Too many tanks were thrown away with no particular reason, even when they had just a little bit of energy.
  • Antiair was a little too shy, air protection was carried out just by medium choppers, tanks were almost never supported.
  • Some tank drops by the union center could have been avoided, considering that the point was infested with heavy tanks that ate the airdropped units alive.
Overall Rating: 7

This post has been edited by Yellow2Bellow: Oct 21 2007, 17:14 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File 20IDvsdc1.wicdemo
Size: 4.92mb
Number of downloads: 447
Player Name Side Team

Game: None

+
# 2xFactor Oct 22 2007, 22:22 PM
Let me know whos in the replay so they can get a shiny RotW medal. smile.gif

Clan: Order Of The Elites

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 3Sh4rp Oct 24 2007, 13:44 PM
thnik sometime we should get these replay section sorted like in other sections of the website so we know who plays in each game and what side they are on as well

Game: World in Conflict

+
# 4Junkey Oct 25 2007, 23:44 PM
Oh its me!

Game: Hardware

+
# 5Strokke Oct 27 2007, 01:20 AM
If 20id posted the replay, do d/c members get medals as well?

+
# 6Ang3lic Oct 27 2007, 02:05 AM
QUOTE(Strokke @ Oct 26 2007, 21:20 PM) *

If 20id posted the replay, do d/c members get medals as well?

yes everybody that played in the game gets a medal wink.gif

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 7xFactor Oct 27 2007, 04:11 AM
Strokke I'm guessing since you asked you played in the game? If so I'll add the medal. smile.gif

+
# 8SwOOsh Oct 27 2007, 06:20 AM
I played in it!

+
# 9RaWe Oct 27 2007, 06:30 AM
happy.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 10Yellow2Bellow Oct 27 2007, 13:22 PM
Medaled you guys smile.gif

+
# 11dcHeaveN Oct 27 2007, 14:41 PM
I WAS THERE! IN SPIRIT!

+
# 12RaWe Oct 27 2007, 15:57 PM
QUOTE(Yellow2Bellow @ Oct 27 2007, 13:22 PM) *

Medaled you guys smile.gif

i sent you a roster for all of our matches smile.gif
so everyone on that list should get a second medal or something for the 20idvxray replay smile.gif:smile.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 13xFactor Oct 27 2007, 19:01 PM
We can only really give medals to people who played in the topic. If they post here and are infact in your clan they will recieve a medal. smile.gif

+
# 14Yellow2Bellow Oct 28 2007, 10:58 AM
QUOTE(RaWe @ Oct 27 2007, 16:57 PM) *

i sent you a roster for all of our matches smile.gif
so everyone on that list should get a second medal or something for the 20idvxray replay smile.gif:smile.gif

I didn't receive it yet eyebrow.gif
But a screenshot of the scoreboard did it for me as well. Maybe it would be a good idea if you sign up your clan here at GameReplays, because then it's easier to find the members here and medal them wink.gif

+
# 15MightySnake Oct 28 2007, 17:17 PM
nice reaply and clans biggrin.gif

+
# 16NightBane Oct 28 2007, 17:30 PM
I will watch this replay to decide really who will win the 5 on 5 domination happy.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)