Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

Generals vs Zero Hour

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1AUSOwnage Feb 7 2008, 04:09 AM
Hey GR,

I'm interested in knowing why you choose to play generals instead of Zero hour. Zero hour has more options, generals, units etc etc.

I used to be an avid ZH player for a while, up until I played CoH - haven't touched ZH since. One thing that turned me off about ZH was the lack of balance. Is gen more balanced?

---

Also, I'm interested in knowing if there's an advanced AI mod for generals 1.08. I googled but to avail...

Peace.

This post has been edited by ownerer87: Feb 7 2008, 04:11 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Excelsis.hT Feb 7 2008, 04:40 AM
Generals is classic, ZH is considered to be all spam

Clan: aeon

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3BoWZeR Feb 7 2008, 04:41 AM
Zero Hour is very good.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4Eliteracer09 Feb 7 2008, 05:27 AM
zh is very good.however theres diffrent units, tatitcs,general powers, upgrades, faster units, diffrent eviorments, and same income. Its quite fun. generals is kinda good. its like unfinished gens from EA. they have no cw patches while zh has, because of some bugs.gens has a ton of bugs like tunnle bug(impossible in zh) and scudbug(possible in zh.), I pefer zh, but it gets boring time to time.

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 5Basel Feb 7 2008, 07:29 AM
There is already a topic with 5 pages of discussion about zh and ccg. You can find the topic here:
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=319795

Clan: Shield

+
# 6BR33ZE Feb 7 2008, 09:38 AM
zero hour cd made a good coffee matt..

think it has to be ccg nice game fairly addictive etc. Dont get me wrong zh aint bad its just not good either, Both games lack a decent story line to the game from what I could gather before I gave up after the first few missions GLA are BAD china is GOOD, USA is GOOD, im sure even if I did complete the campaign id still be sat there afterwards thinking WTF.

Thing that puts me off with zero hour online is the sheer repetiveness of some people to spam quads, quads and more fukin quads all very well saying theres loads of factions but to the average zero hour player theres only 1 vehicle so good luck convincing them theres more then 1 faction.

+
# 7john87 Feb 7 2008, 15:15 PM
ZH is more spam oriented and less micro. CCG is more micro oriented, unless you're a China whore.

ZH balance is rather shitty as well, Tox and AF are just straight up gay.

Clan: -|NwM|

+
# 8Yumi Feb 7 2008, 15:25 PM
Not this fucking thread again.

It's all down to preference, simple as that. Neither game has more micro, they have different types of micro. Ditto for spam, GLA vs China being Scorp Scorp Scorp Scorp Scorp after a while with the odd Bomb Truck and Jarmen, yeah really great unit mixing.

Clan: H2

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 9Skynny Feb 7 2008, 16:14 PM
Both games are spam-oriented. For CCG, you're going to mass Scorps/GatTH/Paladins/Rockvee. For ZH, you're going to mass Quads/Rockvees/BMs/AOs/Lix.

This post has been edited by Skynny: Feb 7 2008, 16:32 PM

+
# 10Halose Feb 7 2008, 16:17 PM
the zero hour ai is more advanced than the generals ai, by some degree or another.

but its a lot funner, and harder, to play a human than some ai.

even more so on generals.

i would say its balanced a little bit more than zh, because there are only 3 different armies, compared to zh's 9 or 12 armies.

Clan: electronic yakuza

+
# 11_Kronos_ Feb 7 2008, 17:09 PM
i dont have zh cd sad.gif

+
# 12Helldiver Feb 7 2008, 17:51 PM
old...

+
# 13_Kronos_ Feb 7 2008, 17:59 PM
ohmy.gif

+
# 14BR33ZE Feb 7 2008, 20:04 PM
QUOTE(halose @ Feb 7 2008, 16:17 PM) *

the zero hour ai is more advanced than the generals ai, by some degree or another.

but its a lot funner, and harder, to play a human than some ai.

even more so on generals.

i would say its balanced a little bit more than zh, because there are only 3 different armies, compared to zh's 9 or 12 armies.

sure the ai has more sense then the average zh player, will check it out if I can clean the coffee stains off my zh cd..

This post has been edited by BR33ZE: Feb 7 2008, 20:08 PM

+
# 15-Unique- Feb 7 2008, 20:30 PM
ZH is good but CCG is better coz 3 armys and more balanced IMO.

peace.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 16Missill` Feb 7 2008, 22:59 PM
zh is nice geez but so unbalanced when you go random you can get bashed by nubs that's the main point!

Some ever saw the pat rush from usa sw gen? crazy shit ffs and so other possibilities!

No boxtrick there so hard to define a strategy there wacko.gif

But it funnier i think biggrin.gif

+
# 17Eliteracer09 Feb 8 2008, 02:44 AM
QUOTE(FoOliSH GaiA @ Feb 7 2008, 17:59 PM) *

zh is nice geez but so unbalanced when you go random you can get bashed by nubs that's the main point!

Some ever saw the pat rush from usa sw gen? crazy shit ffs and so other possibilities!

No boxtrick there so hard to define a strategy there wacko.gif

But it funnier i think biggrin.gif

Yep but i hate swg because they turdle up, spam defences, and spam super auroras

+
# 18Halose Feb 8 2008, 03:03 AM
well zh is about spam, so nothing more to be expected?

+
# 19DumbGirlz Feb 8 2008, 12:05 PM
I chose CCG cuz a friend had my zh game and never gave it back... that noob lost it...
I went to buy it some time after but still played the good old generals^^

CCG is UBER.

The only thing is that this game is worst than CRACK.

++

+
# 20Halose Feb 8 2008, 18:31 PM
Does this count as a Trial Review Luci?

Command and Conquer Generals vs Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour

Overall, the beginning and middle game was very good to watch, though it is a bit one sided lategame.

Command and Conquer Generals (Faction's chosen, USA, China, GLA)

Your micro was second to none. I very much liked how you micro'ed your units against his spam. Keeping a several 3 star paladins alive was wp against his hordes of 2 star battlemaster tanks. Pretty much early game all you had to do was holdout against Zero Hours numbers, and you did that. Lategame you did very good as well, I liked your FF with your tanks. I am impressed with your play.

Tips for improvement

*Work on your macro, lategame you only had one market, and three hackers. Try to go for more 2ndary resources before your main supply runs dry.
*Expand to middle faster in the beginning, try sending a worker or 2 from your cc very early to the oils or middle.
*Harass his economy a little bit more, I know that he pressured you throughout the game, but it would have been nice to see some chinook drops on his supply trucks/workers.
*Sell your buildings before he captures them, even though he only got one, that almost brought the rating down to a 6. Apostle vs Robin anyone?

I rate your play a 8.

Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour (Factions Chosen, Usa Airforce General, Chinese Tank General, Gla's Toxin General)

Your spam was second to none. I almost thought that CCG was done for after all of those BM's, Battle Buses, and Rockvee's were attacking CCG nonstop for an hour. You were very unlucky though with his General points. I would have liked to have seen more micro out of you, or at least to have tried to keep up with CCG, micro lost you this game. But wp on the spam, constant pressure didn't even let him counterattack until late into the game.

Tips for improvement

*If you are going to spam, build up your forces and attack En Masse, sending them straight from your warf/AD only meant they were getting killed individually, though you pulled it together midgame.
*Work on your micro, Five 3 Star paladins, SHOULD NOT be able to kill Twenty 2 star battlemasters.
*I would have liked to see more teamwork here, co-ordinate your efforts, and triple one person if possible.
*USAF should have spammed more kingraptors, or at least used them. They might have been able to kill CCG's Paladins.

I rate your play a 6.

Overview:

In the early game there was fierce pressure from both sides, but CCG's micro prevailed over Zero Hours spam.

Combining CCG's 8, and Zero Hours 6, and dividing by 2, so the game is a solid 7.

This is at least ROTW, if not Silver.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)