Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Counter to Piospam+MG42s

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1hailstorm87 Feb 26 2008, 08:03 AM
Hi guys,

i find that its increasingly common that wehr players prefer to just steam roll the brits early game.

a quick pin with Mg42s, many many pio flamers and a volks squad or two to screw the bren carrier and its almost gg.

and even when i get myself out of the situation, then some massive stuh or stug comes in, and its gg again.

any tips?

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Finch49th1stAIF Feb 26 2008, 08:35 AM
I'm actually having trouble with this myself vs good players. Working hard on it. I have more trouble dealing with the PE zerg than the Wehr zerg though to be honest. Its not so much the Mg42 - its the extreme aggression to the point the enemy loses several units but despite the losses these early battles slow down the Brits too much resource wise leaving them unprepared for certain unit types. That has a snowball effect.

I assume you mean Beta? I'm trying not to dismiss the problem as the one I've been talking about for several weeks now - that is with the power reduction to Brits there was not a corresponding cost/mobility change as the cost/mobility was originally intended to offset the power.

I'm trying not to dimiss it as another consequence of my theory. But its hard not to be disheartened. Been trying all sorts of strange new strategies but for the most part all thats done is sharply increase my loss rate.

All I can say man is keep trying.

This post has been edited by Finch49th1stAIF: Feb 26 2008, 08:37 AM

+
# 3hailstorm87 Feb 26 2008, 09:26 AM
QUOTE(Finch49th1stAIF @ Feb 26 2008, 16:35 PM) *

I'm actually having trouble with this myself vs good players. Working hard on it. I have more trouble dealing with the PE zerg than the Wehr zerg though to be honest. Its not so much the Mg42 - its the extreme aggression to the point the enemy loses several units but despite the losses these early battles slow down the Brits too much resource wise leaving them unprepared for certain unit types. That has a snowball effect.

I assume you mean Beta? I'm trying not to dismiss the problem as the one I've been talking about for several weeks now - that is with the power reduction to Brits there was not a corresponding cost/mobility change as the cost/mobility was originally intended to offset the power.

I'm trying not to dimiss it as another consequence of my theory. But its hard not to be disheartened. Been trying all sorts of strange new strategies but for the most part all thats done is sharply increase my loss rate.

All I can say man is keep trying.

mm i believe, in beta, the effects of that MG42 is even more pronounced.

and its highly likely that a good player, in the time you take to move your HQ and build your 1st tommy, would send an MG squad to your base. Brits are predictable in where they move their HQ, so it wont be that hard to guess/find.

if there's a building nearby the HQ, it simply means GG.

i played a game on Langres, where the MG got in, the building(mind you there are were 2 buildings) and just literally shredded infantry. and, as much as building a trench would have been a good counter, using the recon squad to build a trench early game just puts you at a massive resource/capping setback. i defended his MG well, got behind green cover. left my troops to shoot out the bugger whilst my LT went out to cap(i knew i was behind in the resource race). i suffered minimal casualties. he popped a volks and a pio into the building. eventually, i got nades and got him out. next thing i knew, he had a sniper, a mortar , and a HT. and just when i thought i was winning, he got a stuh out.

looking back, he had more than half the map whilst my recon and 2infantry squad was stuck wasting time in base.

and with there being such a small margin of error (esp inearly game for the brits), a decent wehr player can go aggressive to the point of no recovery for the brits.

+
# 4Finch49th1stAIF Feb 26 2008, 10:22 AM
Well this is how you deal with Mg42s on Langres

(Beta 2.316)

Attached File thegreatone.rec
Size: 298.79k
Number of downloads: 38
Player Name Side Team
Finch49th1stAIF 1
TheGreatone 2

+
# 5Obben Feb 27 2008, 19:18 PM
I have had some problems with piospam. I have a friend that is seriously afraid that I should beat him with brits, and so the only counter he has is piospam. And I have no idea how to beat it. I am by no means a great player (only lvl 7 maximum) but I can stand my ground against most players lvl 10 and less, but this I just cant cope with. DO you pros have any tips? He usually goes all pio and I cant win against mass flamers and his huge capping ability.

Forgive me for spelling mistakes.

// Oskar

+
# 6Finch49th1stAIF Feb 28 2008, 01:56 AM
I posted a replay of how to beat piospam here.

edit: still works with 2.316 beta

This post has been edited by Finch49th1stAIF: Feb 28 2008, 01:56 AM

+
# 7griffar Feb 28 2008, 03:38 AM
well mg42 and mass flamer pios are the only realy working strat against brits...i do it very often too but you need support vet or this is worthless and it slows your teching down to spent fuel for vet

i would recomend 2 brencarriers and as fast as possible a stuart...and upgrade your tommis with riflenades

+
# 8whiskeyReborn Feb 28 2008, 18:16 PM
hey sorry for the noob question, but why cant i watch Finch's replay ? has it got something to do with that beta thing ? if yes, then how can i make the replay work ? FYI i got Opposing fronts only the retail version. So what shud i do to get beta and do a lot of ppl play it ?

thanks

Clan: Reborn

+
# 9ssy Feb 29 2008, 02:13 AM
Beta is Beta.
If your comp can hold the stuff go ahead.
If yours can't like mine wait until it turns Retail.
Anyway to beat Pio spam and MG is get a rifle nade.
Can't kill shit but will reduce the MG to half life quickly.
Pios group togather has a reduced Zeal attack.
This was set by Relic before the current patch.
If you get stuck against a MG that is attking your base.
Lift your HQ and move behind the MG and retreat your men.
Mortar Pit works well in any map.
Focus Fire on the Pio with Flames.

+
# 10Dilopho Mar 1 2008, 07:59 AM
Usually my problem is that I can dodge such attacks but receive casualties. Then I have to retreat to refresh my trops and that takes a lot of time, more time than my axis counterpart needs to refresh his blob.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)