Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Allies on Wolfheze

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1JonnyPoika Mar 31 2008, 14:19 PM
How do i prevent the british player from bunkering down in the middle at the beginning of the game? The recon squad runs to the middle VP and builds a trench. The axis players can´t go there untill they get flamers or incendiary nades. And by the time they get that the british player have built a mortar emplacement or MG emplacement.

So how do i beat this strat?

+
# 2LAIDFreddy Mar 31 2008, 18:00 PM
Got the same problem, curious to see the following replys..

Clan: LAID

+
# 32YearsofHell Mar 31 2008, 18:56 PM
The biggest trouble we've had on this map as allies is when the train station is garrisoned with an MG early game....

This completely fucks up our strategy of bunkering down the middle, and gives the rest of your forces the time to push forward...

But watch out... it still pretty risky, and you hold the risk of losing your first Mg which, in the early game and in the hands of a brit can mean pretty much GG... post-13661-1143531603.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4Cann0nball Mar 31 2008, 18:58 PM
1. Destroy trench before its built.

2. Ignore the center if you can go around it.

3. For the trainstation the sides of the building are blindspots

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 5JonnyPoika Apr 1 2008, 16:48 PM
QUOTE(PvtCaboose @ Mar 31 2008, 20:58 PM) *

1. Destroy trench before its built.

2. Ignore the center if you can go around it.

3. For the trainstation the sides of the building are blindspots

it is impossible to prevent them from building that trecnh. it is the first thing they do.
Building a Panzer Grenadier is out fo the question, the trench has already been buildt by then. If you rush out with the first pio it will get killed in like 3 seconds and they continue building their trench.

+
# 6Budwise Apr 21 2008, 17:39 PM
I play alot of double wehr and have come to some good builds to take care of brits in more open maps like this.

Wehr 1: MG, Bike, Sniper, MG

Wehr 2: Volks, Sniper, Volks, Volks

The bike extends your site range quite a bit. Use the MG to corral them into a confined area, especially if they move their truck aggressively. Keep snipers at range and use the bike to get extra long range shots. With 2 snipers on the field it puts a REAL hurting on the Brit MP. Snipers also work well to force them out of that early trench. Use the bike aggressively if they try to get up a mortar/vickers. And use Volks for all around mopping up/flanking. If he has a US MG behind him, snipe him.

Wehr 1: T3 Blitz
Wehr 2: T2 Defensive or Terror

T3 Blitz works well for Storms of course, but Nebels are a big part. Nebels on a map like Wolf are awesome! Keep on pouding that brits truck area non stop and make sure to move after every shot.

T2 Defensive is my favorite. Use medic bunkers ASAP, and 88's are great on a map that size as well. If he has anything anywhere near the middle of the map, an 88 placed pretty far back will take it out pretty quick. Excellent for holding that middle VP. For the Fatherland works wonders for those pesky commando drops and ranger rushes too. Stukas are also HUGE on this map. Its a munitions heavy map, so use it to your advantage! I also say that Wehr 2 player go Defensive as he is the one who built alot of volks early game. Yes volks suck, but get that med bunker up and turn em into Grens asap! Dont loose your squads and they can be great late game for capping dangerous points.

T2 Terror only gives the bonus of the KT as far as im concerned. Otherwise i prefer defensive.

This post has been edited by Budwise: Apr 21 2008, 17:41 PM

Clan: Reborn

+
# 7Smokaz Apr 21 2008, 22:48 PM
Dbl post.

This post has been edited by Smokaz: Apr 21 2008, 22:52 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File wolfheze.rec
Size: 574.21k
Number of downloads: 24
Player Name Side Team
Nikitka 1
PPjev 1
AirborneSpammer 2
Engiespam 2

+
# 8Smokaz Apr 21 2008, 22:52 PM
Another good game on wolfheze where allieds are put down!

+
# 9NuvioN Apr 22 2008, 12:00 PM
Wehr buildt T1, rushes 2 pio's, builds mg, the PE spams 4 PG's. Your 2 pio's+1PG will hold off the scout from building, and if he just keeps building, steal it, you can get in faster.... When the bigger force comes(rifles and stuff), you will have your mg to pin him. So, 2 pio+pg rush is needed.

+
# 10Riithi Apr 23 2008, 12:59 PM
I wish that would work nuvion, but a recon squad can be in the trench before my first panzergrens reaches it. And sadly pioneers won't be able to stop the tommies from building the trench, most likely they will just get killed/routed.

This post has been edited by Riithi: Apr 23 2008, 13:00 PM

+
# 11whiskeyReborn Apr 26 2008, 09:34 AM
You must have a clear understanding with your teamate and must double the center fuels to prevent the brit from bunkering down there. these Replays might help

Attached File(s)
Attached File wolfheze_chaos.rec
Size: 632.29k
Number of downloads: 17
Player Name Side Team
shoot3r 1
IIIIxLORDofWARxIIII 1
ZeusII 2
StoBez 2
Attached File wolfheze_2.rec
Size: 199.62k
Number of downloads: 13
Player Name Side Team
Kaneski 1
Valmont106 1
ZeusII 2
HighBourne 2

+
# 12whiskeyReborn Apr 26 2008, 10:22 AM
hey sorry ignore the 2nd replay from my last post. we lost that one lol. thats actually a replay of how broken the game is in team games. brits controlled a grand total of 4 sectors from the entire map the whole game and still won by pure arty spamming and emplacemet spamming.

+
# 13whiskeyReborn Apr 26 2008, 10:23 AM
i meant the first replay. sry

+
# 14NuvioN Apr 26 2008, 13:42 PM
Rihti you are Wrong. He can only be in trench a bit before his fuel(that CLOSE to his base). i played 50-70 games on there using same tactic with comando, and your pio's/PG's come faster. Btw, if he is building a trench, just rush IN, CLOSEST to it asyou can, and when it is built, you will get in before them, because they have the "stop build" animation. And yes, i tested that 30 times as well. So you just get a free trench if he continues building. but be like 0.00000001 cm from it!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)