Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

rohan vs mordor

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1oosk2k5 Oct 7 2005, 14:03 PM
i was experimenting with rohan vs mordor matchup and i came with an unbreakable strat for rohan.

BO:
2 farms inside
2/3 farms outside
merry to mordor base, cloak
spam peasants to hold off orcs and to try to rush mordor base
1 more inside farm
stable
2 horse units
start creeping with one
scout with other/harass farms
buy theoden and send him to the one which is creeping to finish the lair (if not already finished)
buy 2 horse archers
by now u shud have a fair amount of money and he should have trolls/nazgul or mumak...merry is handy to see wat ure enemy builds...if he u see nazgul get eowyn first, if u see trolls as well gert aragorn then hold them off at bay aragiorn with anduril can own like 6-7 trolls with both heals.
get archery range and spam 4 yoemen onto ure wall
buy legolas
buy fire arrows
buy 1 unit of elfs with fire for defense
upgrade ure horse archers to fire
take mordor outposts one by one, building on each
the one closest to his base build statue and well and farm and on a settlement closest to that outpost build an entmoot.
normally nazgul > ents but u have eowyn and legolas to take them out
buy armory then heavy armor
buy gimli if you want (i advise to put him on ure wall)
wen ents are ready storm mordor base, clearing his outer defenses first and GG

this strat has worked for me 3-4 times vs mordor wen i was rohan. plz dont flame if iyo it it shit cos tbh im only sharing with u a tactic i like wink.gif

oosk

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 2progman07 Oct 7 2005, 17:43 PM
Its ok imo, but dont build 2 HA after theo and 1 rohhirim and 1 HA. I mean u get rohhirim, then theo, then rohhirim archer (its my tach, all ppl use different tach), then go straightly to lego or aragorn.

+
# 3Elven111 Oct 11 2005, 18:06 PM
Ok well there's a few things that can cause problems. U said peasants after 4-5 farms, u should be spamming them from start to protect farms and put pressure on mills. Merry is more useful killing laborers at mills, u can use a unit to scout later on, no sense in tying him up that early. Rohirrim can't effectively creep wargs, and even if u could, wargs will respawn b4 u finish killing the lair. The two RA after cav might delay heroes too much depending on your opponent.

Clan: DreaM|DivA

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4enc0ded Oct 12 2005, 10:59 AM
looks like a pretty good BO but I wouldn't call it 'Unbreakable' tongue.gif

mordor => darkness => gg 0wn3d.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 5Ch3m1c4l Oct 12 2005, 19:57 PM
Sadly, this pretty much stalemates the game for mordor. Mordor gets stronger later in the game thusly Darkness + Mass LD will break your harbored defences. But this could be a viable strat for QM.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)