Game: Generals 2

+
# 2PANCZASU Oct 9 2008, 20:43 PM
Thanks!
All right Hogo, we'll start after I'll take a shower. tongue.gif

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3Hogo Oct 9 2008, 20:49 PM
Im ready when you want man smile.gif Got messenger or Xfire?
[email protected]
hogo91 Xfire

What ever smile.gif Just message me somehow when your ready smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 4PANCZASU Oct 9 2008, 23:05 PM
Sorry for the delay, I was training before KotH tournament. smile.gif
Lesson #1:
Take a cold shower. It's great when you want to be relaxed and cautious at the same time. laugh.gif
IPB Image

I've got Xfire --> I've made a new account just for you. smile.gif
PANCZASU
IPB Image

Please, give me your KW ID. I was searching you but there are 11 Hogos... tongue.gif
And post here two of your replays. I want to know how good you are.
Oh, and tell me wich faction you prefere and which faction you hate. This may be also useful.

I must go off-line now, but I'll be back tomorrow. happy.gif

This post has been edited by PANCZASU: Oct 10 2008, 10:48 AM

+
# 5Hogo Oct 9 2008, 23:09 PM
Hey there, Its going to be something like KW-Hogo KW-Shadow
And I don't have any replays ive not played much of 1.09 only with my last mentor 6 - 10 games didn't save replays.

I play variation of factions to be honest
MOK
Traveler
GDI Vanila Or Zocom Talons but Zocom and Tallons seem UP atm so there we have it smile.gif

+
# 6PANCZASU Oct 10 2008, 10:47 AM
They are UP. tongue.gif
You have some battle casts which I'm going to watch.

Here's a list showing how strong I am in all factions (my favourites are first, the factions I hate are the last)
Reaper-17, Traveller-59, Scrin, GDI, NOD, ZOCOM, MoK, BH, ST

I won't be able to learn you before I will watch your replays.

+
# 7Hogo Oct 10 2008, 10:49 AM
Ok sure take a look there probably all bad.

+
# 8PANCZASU Oct 10 2008, 13:09 PM
Here is the replay I found:
Attached File Mass_murder.KWReplay
Size: 1.72mb
Number of downloads: 71
Player Name Side Team

This was a looong battle.
Your skills are on average level --> you know the basics of the game but nothing more. Here are the most important issues I found:

SCOUTING

It's one of the most important things. If you know what your enemy is up to then you have time to react and prepeare the right counters. GDI is great scouting faction because it has a Radar Scan --> it's cheap and it can give you all the intelligence you need. Another way of scouting are Riflemen Squads. You can get them very fast by selling your Watchtowers. On this map (except those which you used to capture the tiberium spike) you need 2-3 of Riflemen Squads. Send them to the:
  • Nearest bunker
  • Blue tiberium field
  • City in the middle of the map (not really important but still)
If everything fails and you have no idea what your enemy is planning then you may sacrifice one fast and cheap unit (like Pitbull) to infiltrate the hostile base. You can try to take your enemy's attention by capturing his tib. spikes with Hammerhead with engineer --> it will boost your economy and possibly save your pitbull.
Attached Image

HARASSING & UNIT COUNTERS

Your enemy had a crazy idea of spamming Attack Bikes but he still was vulnerable for harassment. You had no Pitbulls which are the best for this task and Orcas would die very fast because of your opponent's bikes. But you had a fairly big group of Predators. They are slow but will manage to take out few harvesters. How to do it? It's simple:
Build 3-5 Pitbulls and use them as decoys. Send them to your opponent's tib. field and start slaughtering harvesters. When Attack Bikes will try to counter your Pitbulls send Predators to attack from the other side of the base. Use Radar Scan to reveal harvesters and destroy them. Remember: it must be coordinated attack! Predators must attack ASAP after Pitbulls will reach the base!
Attached Image

Another note is about unit counters. ZOCOM is incredibly effective against bikes spammers. Your main attack force should have:
  • 5-10 Predators as main force
  • 5-10 Squads of Riflemen as meat shields
  • 4-11 Zone Shatterers behind Predators
  • MARV on the front to take the enemy's fire and save other units
  • 2-3 Slingshots as AA
  • Mammoth tanks and Zone Raiders only if your economy is strong
This force can take out almost every thread including Bikes.
If you want to protect your base build 2-4 Sonic Emitters but nothing more. Use your money for offence not defence!

SUPPORT POWERS & UPGRADES

Your placing of support powers was... really bad. Once you've even disable your ally's buildings. Remember that support powers may change the game. Do not use Shockwave Artillery against Attack Bikes because they are too fast. Save it for the right moment --> when you'll be attacked by strong tier 3 army or you will attack highly defended base.
Also remember that Zone Raider Drop Pods support power is great if you want to slow down your enemies economy --> just use that power near your opponents Refineries and destroy the harvesters. If they are stealth use Radar Scan or upgrade your Zone Raiders.
Also you should upgrade your Hammerheads. Zocom upgrades boost their armor and increases their firepower. It's very important if you're using HH.

That's all for today. smile.gif
Please play some 1vs1 matches and save the replays so I can analize them.

EDIT:
watch my pictures in hi-res!

This post has been edited by PANCZASU: Dec 24 2008, 12:18 PM

+
# 9PANCZASU Oct 12 2008, 16:25 PM
Ok, now I can say something more about you. In the games we've played you were acting like a good commander. I have found only one major problem the rest are just minor issues. thumb.gif

ECONOMY

Before I played in KotH tournament I would say that it was just fine. But no longer. Early economic advantage is the most important thing in 1.01. Let's go back to our first (and laggy as hell tongue.gif ) match.
Early bikes rush is ok if you'll manage to destroy at least one harvester with them. However you can not proceed with Scorpion production even if you've build a second harvester before Scorpions. Build a Refinery! Start Scorpion production only if you already have 2 Refineries and 3 harvesters total. It's a slight difference but it makes all the difference.
Attached Image

MECHAPEDES

After patch 1.01 it's not likely that you'll find them on the battle field. However we saw a fairly big group of them ready to destroy your base. I told you that I've got the counters for them. It wasn't really true. You also had them but I had no time for explanations.
Mechapedes can be countered by every anti-armor unit including Scorpions and Missile Squads. They can deal with them very fast. How? Watch this picture:
Attached Image

Just target their heads.

DOZER BLADES

The good thing is that you had this upgrade. Great. But you forgot what benefits it can give you. Your Scorpions not only have bigger armor but also can crash heavy infantry and KILL DISINTEGRATORS WITHOUT ANY HARM! Just roll over them. They will explode but it will not affect you. So in this situation you should smash them:
Attached Image

That's all for today. smile.gif
Feel free to leave a comment so will know that you're really reading this. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by PANCZASU: Oct 13 2008, 14:37 PM

+
# 10Hogo Oct 13 2008, 14:44 PM
Thanks man thats fantastic smile.gif Ive been busy with my girlfriend last 2 days but im free for the rest of the day and night so smile.gif when ever we can play again smile.gif

+
# 11PANCZASU Oct 13 2008, 16:13 PM
I'm not sure if I'll find some more time today but maybe...
I'll contact you on Xfire when I'll be able to play. smile.gif

Internet problem. I may not be able to play today... post-13661-1143531603.gif
until my problem won't be solved dry.gif

This post has been edited by PANCZASU: Oct 17 2008, 18:22 PM

+
# 12Hogo Oct 21 2008, 19:33 PM
anything new with KW? Still broken? =/

+
# 13PANCZASU Oct 30 2008, 10:37 AM
Problem status: Solved banana.gif
cry.gif

It seems that it's not my problem --> blame Neostrada TP for this. tongue.gif (quickest internet in Poland... but it's broken now and they're trying to fix it.)
I really miss our 2vs2s... sad.gif

The good news is that this Neostrada is working sometimes. For example I've got connection today but I can't say for how long. I'll contact you if there will be a chance to play this evening.

EDIT: It's 6 PM and my internet is still fine. Maybe we will play today! smile.gif

This post has been edited by PANCZASU: Dec 24 2008, 12:20 PM

+
# 14PANCZASU Nov 6 2008, 18:02 PM
In our last match (BH double mirror) we lost because we simply forgot how to play KW. We were much more powerful then our enemies but we were the guys who died. I found many of your mistakes (as well as mine) which were game-changing. Here they are:

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON

Our enemies were often very vulnerable to attacks. They were combining their forces all the time. This is a good idea for attacks but it made their bases wire open to attacks. Do not let their forces get out of the base! Force them to turtle and then blast them. How to do this? It's simple: use an old fasion Attack Bikes. Send them to your enemy's main tib field and force him to retreat and save the harvesters. The only real defence they had was their bunker filled with infantry. But it's not a problem for BH. Send a single Flame Tank to clear it. Then ruin your opponent's day.
Attached Image

CONTROL YOUR HARVESTERS

For too many times your harvesters were just doing nothing making your economy very poor. Besides, all of these collectors were trying to harvest an empty tib field. If you would order them to harvest from the other tiberium field and let this one regrow then you would have more money then anyone on the battlefield (yes, except this problem your economy was far more superior then other players economy thumb.gif).
Attached Image

REDEEMER

You had this guy before anybody has reached tier 3. Congratulations. But you forgot about him and he was destroyed by one single obelisk. For the next time remember to put somebody inside! Redeemer with infantry is much more powerful then a normal one. Especially if you would put 2 squads of Black Hands inside. With them your Redeemer will be extremely effective agains in destroying all buildings, infantry and slower vehicles. Just remember that his main weapon is a long range weapon. In order to use your burning abilities you must go as close to a building as possible. This guy would be enough to win the game because there is nothing on tier 2 that could take him down (at least for BH).
Attached Image

CHARGED PARTICLE BEAMS

It's simply the most important thing to do when you reach tier 3. With this upgrade (and Quad Turrets upgrade) you are able to counter every infantry spam. BH upgraded turrets are cheap and can just devatate the enemy's army. I was surprised that you were so rich and hasn't bought this upgrade. You simply have to remember about it n a BH mirror like this.
Attached Image

That's all for now. biggrin.gif
I still have this connection problem. It may be very hard for us to play again. However it should be resolved quite soon. happy.gif
Can't wait to play with you again!

+
# 15Hogo Nov 7 2008, 20:10 PM
Man thats the most epic thing I have ever read smile.gif I really like you as my mentor and I really want to play with you again soon smile.gif
Thanks man your a great help and I shall try to improve with your tips smile.gif me and you should try out for the 2v2 ladder XD

+
# 16Hogo Nov 20 2008, 12:27 PM
Lets hope we can start again soon smile.gif

+
# 17PANCZASU Nov 30 2008, 16:01 PM
QUOTE(Hogo @ Nov 20 2008, 13:27 PM) *

Lets hope we can start again soon smile.gif

Ough, sorry, when my internet was up I was only playing in RA3 or NfS Undercover. tongue.gif
I'll increase my KW abilities and inform you if I'm ready to do this today. happy.gif

+
# 18PANCZASU Dec 2 2008, 15:49 PM
Ok, our last game was pretty easy. As I said you have improved a lot. However you did managed to make a few mistakes. I listed them all here. Except one. Remember "CONTROL YOUR HARVESTERS"? You did the same in this game. I know that it's hard to remember about your harvestrs especially in the middle of the battle but it's really, REALLY important.
You should also try to harass more often (those Mechapedes were great but they would not be enough for a good player).

DO NOT RISK UNNECESSARY

You was building your base in two essential parts. The first was near the starting tiberium field (2 Refs, WF, Nerve Center, a couple of PPs) and the second one near the expansion (Tech Center, few Refs, Warp Chasm, Rax, Stasis Chamber). That's a natural thing however it doesn't mean that it's a good thing either. Especially in the mid-game. As a BH player I would see this error (yea, I would scout laugh.gif) and send a single Reckoner with Black Hands on boar. They would destry ALL of your current Refs, your WF, even a few PPs. ALL. ALL OF THEM. You had nothing to counter this thread and this would be a GG at this point. So remember to separate your buildings (even if you're facing MoK or NOD, but we'll talk about this later).
Attached Image

PROTECT YOUR TECHNOLOGY ASSEMBLER

You're now probably thinking "What? It was safe! There were millions of Tripods guarding it! Besides we were facing a n00bs that weren't even trying to do something like that!" Well, I hope that you're not. It was undefended... when it was constructed. You had only one (!) Seeker. Before your Mechapade would finish its construction you could loose this building faster then you can say "OMG, a Flame Tank!!!". Also remember that you really shouldn't place your Tech Centre in front of your base. It's an easy and priority target for your enemies. My opponent did the same. And he lost his tier 3 before he thought "OMG, it's a Scrin invasion!!!". Another note (but not about Tech centre): The same tip goes for all of your buildings and harvs. I was really surprised that your enemy wasn't trying a Bike rush. It would destroy your beautiful economy.
Attached Image

Attached Image

DEALING WITH ANNOYING INFANTRY

This is not a note about any mistake you did (but you should mix your army with Anti-infantry counters tbh). But it may be useful in the future. There is one thing that can turn the tide of the battle. There is one thing that started this war. This thing is called tiberium. And it can be used as a weapon. I saw that you used your Ichor Sed support power. Very good (and what about Growth Accelerators?). But sometimes it can be a deadly anti-infantry weapon. Simply use it on a group of humans (not recommended - they can run away) or put it in front of your enemy's Barracks. Do not do this often only use in a specific situation. It works the best if the enemy is building inside your own base. Then you could protect yourself against engies and still would be able to harvest this tiberium. The key is that you can not allow your enemy to harvest your weapon. Once again: use it with caution.
Attached Image

RAVAGERS

I'll make the two final notes here. The first one is that Ravagers have great potential as anti-infantry and anti-vehicle unit. You lost many of them when you were closing to the enemy's base because you were hoping that their speed will save them. Just kill your opponent' defenders and proceed. Second note is about Tiberium Agitation power used by Ravagers. You was trying to take out both Refinery and harvester but you didn't have enough units to do this. Remember 2 shots for a harvester, 4 for a Refinery. That makes 6 shots in total. You had only 4 groups of Ravagers shooting. But hey! You could destroy both targets! How? Simple. Wait for harvester to dock and then attack it with all of your Ravagers. In that way you will not only kill a harvester but also destroy a Refinery!
Attached Image

That's all for today. You're a great player now, so keep improving and become the pr0! happy.gif

+
# 19Hogo Dec 2 2008, 16:05 PM
Well thanks alot smile.gif lets get another game in shortly smile.gif
I need to keep playing often biggrin.gif

+
# 20PANCZASU Dec 2 2008, 17:43 PM
QUOTE(Hogo @ Dec 2 2008, 17:05 PM) *

Well thanks alot smile.gif lets get another game in shortly smile.gif
I need to keep playing often biggrin.gif

Nice to hear you like it. happy.gif
I won't have time to play today so how about tomorrow?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)