Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Anarchi` - Metavirulent

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1-Sebra Nov 22 2008, 23:11 PM
This topic is for Anarchi` and Metavirulent only.

Game: Graphics

+
# 2Anarchy Nov 23 2008, 03:55 AM
Hello Metavirulent,

As you can see, I am your master! tongue.gif Just post anything specific with Isengrd in 1v1 you want to learn or we can start from the beginning.

I added you on xfire and my msn is: [email protected].

Btw, my names in the game I mostly use are: PureAnarchy and MIZZOURI

This post has been edited by Anarchy`: Nov 23 2008, 04:14 AM

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Metavirulent Nov 24 2008, 15:46 PM
Hi Anarchy,

nice to meet you, I'll hope I can improve my game with your help.
Hmm, where to start...
I'd say, the hardest challenge for me is Isen vs Mordor, as it is often hard to put enough pressure on them before they can either rush to Nazguls or Trolls, both of which require you to have fire xbows, a significant investment.
Other than that, I'd just need a bit of game experience, maybe we can even meet up for a game.
What factions do you play, btw?

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4Anarchy Nov 24 2008, 18:16 PM
I can play them all pretty well, or at least know what I'm doing. I am free at 3PM my time, which is in 3 hours, if you are also free we can play some and I can see your capabilities. Then I will be free for at least 10 hours from this post since I don't know your timezone. (I know this sounds a little funny, but I'm too lazy to look up timezones tongue.gif) Starting in two days (my Wednesday) I will be free all day and all night, so we can play whenever you have some free time.

+
# 5Metavirulent Nov 25 2008, 14:01 PM
I am in GMT+1, I'll see if I can catch you on xfire.

+
# 6Anarchy Nov 26 2008, 17:08 PM
When are the times you can play, so I know when to be on.

+
# 7Metavirulent Nov 26 2008, 18:49 PM
I'm on right now. smile.gif

+
# 8Anarchy Nov 26 2008, 18:51 PM
Ok, get on xfire so we can talk.

+
# 9Metavirulent Nov 26 2008, 21:55 PM
I was there all the time but you show as offline, hmm, strange.

+
# 10Anarchy Nov 27 2008, 00:26 AM
Basics look pretty well, but still much improvement needed. All of your problems can be easily turned into advantages. It just takes practice.

Attached File first_day.rep
Size: 42.68k
Number of downloads: 45
Player Name Side Team
KinG`of`}-{aIo{0}* 0
IBD 0

+
# 11Anarchy Nov 27 2008, 00:37 AM
Here are some pretty good replays that you can look at for help.

Attached File m8_samy.rep
Size: 273.65k
Number of downloads: 61
Player Name Side Team
SonicAndTails 1
q8^cool* 2

Attached File Vs_AWan_Isengard.rep
Size: 219.11k
Number of downloads: 59
Player Name Side Team
Resignation* 1
AWan 2

Attached File rohan_vs_isengard.rep
Size: 109.38k
Number of downloads: 55
Player Name Side Team
Arag0rn`0wns* 1
Winners|WK 2

+
# 12Metavirulent Nov 28 2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks I'll have a look at them.

+
# 13Metavirulent Nov 29 2008, 23:22 PM
This is the game against gondor that went terribly wrong right from the start.

Attached File(s)
Attached File 00000018.rep
Size: 88k
Number of downloads: 51
Player Name Side Team
IBD* 0
saaw 0

+
# 14Anarchy Dec 1 2008, 18:23 PM
About the Horse rush, try to keep at least 2 pikes near your base upgraded with Heavy Armor. Purchase this upgrade for 2 pikes before buying the other upgrades, this will save time when he actually attacks. Once you see he has elves and is attacking your base, gather your nearest pikes (which should be at least the 2 protecting your base) and then use chant on them and have them attack the elves, while purchasing Forged Blades for them. If he lays land, then back off and have your Towers attack the elves, unless you have land also. With your other pikes, purchase Forged Blades for them and have them go for the Knights. Once you have killed all the elves, have all your Towers aiming for once battalion of Knights. This will cause him to either use his heal early or let his Knights die. During his attack, make sure you are constantly spamming pikes and Towers in your base. If you are having troubles or running low on pikes, pull some from your mills to help protect your base.

+
# 15-Sebra Dec 3 2008, 21:31 PM
To improve your learning process, it is suggested to participate in GR's Isengard Vs Gondor tournament.

This might be interesting for the mentor as well. smile.gif

+
# 16Metavirulent Dec 5 2008, 22:28 PM
I've played another game where I think I have improved my initial pathing, creeping, spamming and such. It is not so long because my opponent left after I creep-jacked his horses on the bottom and they didn't get away. Too bad, I would have wanted to know how the game had turned out.

He had more than 400 games, he had won a bit less than half of them, so he had much more experience, but wasn't too strong.
I'm happy I managed well in that game.

Attached File(s)
Attached File 00000021.rep
Size: 29.12k
Number of downloads: 43
Player Name Side Team
IBD* 0
secondtry 0

+
# 17Anarchy Dec 5 2008, 23:02 PM
I have to admit, I'm not sure if I could do much better than what you did. Everything was very well microed and your spamming was very efficient. I know he wasn't very good, but just make around 3 Towers in your base by the time you have filled it with Furnaces, just to get in the habit of it. Then once you have a good amount of pikes, make a few zerkers to follow your pikes to take on any peasants. If you get as much Map Control as you did in another game, don't be afraid to take the outposts for a quick siege.

Overall, very good work. thumb.gif

+
# 18-Sebra Dec 15 2008, 22:25 PM
I will close the Mentee/Mentor program tomorrow. In case you want your topic to stay over for a longer period of time, please post here until tomorrow.

Otherwise, thanks for participating in GameReplays.org Mentee/Mentor program. We hope you could learn something out of it and to see you around in the section.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)