Explore GameReplays...

Act of War: Direct Action

-*ESL*- Sk1llz Vs ShadowTigerPL

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1sk1llz Nov 11 2005, 16:47 PM
hi this was our first match on ESL, enjoyed it alot and have fun smile.gif tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File esl_mevshadowtigerpl.rar
Size: 1.51mb
Number of downloads: 633

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 2TigerPL Nov 13 2005, 01:24 AM
BAD GAME sry I dont sell hq bulding 2 hq I bulding all 2 ^^sry but is not me good game and later camping xD

+
# 3KingsRevenge Nov 14 2005, 00:08 AM
This replay was VERY VERY enteraining. Not only was it on a new map, but it advanced some of the tactics that have been used on this map. But here are my notes on it. Shadow went for a spread BO that looke like it would've given him a better chacne at vicotyr at the beggining of the game. Skillz went for a quick chopper build, I hae no idea why though since this map is usually covered by lots of infantry in buildings along with turrets being placed around the brdiges to bunker in. Shadow did a nice AK attack on Skillz base. Skillz inturn returned the favor and took over Shadows bank with some DF and marines via a chopper drop. Shadow recongnized the threat and speedily sent some of the CST special forces Camo guys in there to wreak some havoc in the bank. The thing that got me about this was I think it was 7 or 8 optical camo guys couldn't clear out a bank with 3 DF and 2 marines. That bamboozled me and I'm sure Shadow was pissed about it to since that was a huge chunk of money he just threw into that bank to be killed. After this I believe skillz new he had some momentum so he executed a perfectly themed attack on the north section of Shadows base allowing him to gian a foothold and take out his field hopsital taking away Shadows 2 pows. After this both players have a small remission. I don't think it was to wise forskillz to leave his troops exposed at the north of Shadows base because if shadow was thinking he couldve easily sent a scount infantry up north to find their location then bomb them up with the falling star. Once reinforcements arrived for the rest of the Abrams skillz then began preparing for an attack to the south where the last huge remnants of Shadows base lay. During this period there was good money usage by both players. Since skillz had the upperhand he spent some time tactically assessing Shadows base I think and planned a PERFECTLY orchestrated attack on Shadows base with 2 nukes. The first nuke is absorbed by the defense and the 2nd nuke busts through the rear section of Shadows base opening up a wound for skillz to seek the blood. After thsi attack Shadows base has doom spelled all over it, skillz sends in a nice attack force to bombard the defenses from afar and the Abrams and Delta Force soldiers come in to mop up in Shadows base.

Overall good game by both players. I give this a 9 because entertaining games like this are hard to come by in AoW and if a game is good enough to distract my attention away from an NFL game on TV it must be pretty good so congrats to you guys and thanks for posting a good game.

+
# 4GeneralGonzales Nov 14 2005, 10:03 AM
I agree with Tiger:
can´t see why this game got a rating from 9 !

CST player (Tiger) played too passive and got too few akulas. Against an us player you can depend on him going abrams, helis and SW in later game.
So Tigers main base was bad defended and he hadn´t any army to fend off abrams. That was the beginning from the end.

In addition he didn´t get pressure on his enemy. Only Skillz attacked permanently while Tiger was only in defense position. To be truly - that way ya can´t win a game against an experienced player.

My rating woud be a 7 !

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 5sk1llz Nov 14 2005, 10:15 AM
Thz for your review King's biggrin.gif

+
# 6KingsRevenge Nov 14 2005, 20:44 PM
I rated this replay based off entertainment not off of purely tactical value since most of these AOW repalys that hop out are to boring and different. In this game you s aw airplanes, infanatry battles, air drops, bank captures ... it was a good replay to watch in my opinion.

+
# 7TigerPL Nov 15 2005, 16:41 PM
yes its true gg but only sk1llz.

+
# 8sk1llz Nov 15 2005, 18:44 PM
QUOTE(TigerPL @ Nov 15 2005, 04:41 PM) *

yes its true gg but only sk1llz.

what?? eyebrow.gif

+
# 9DerPapierTiger Nov 15 2005, 20:41 PM
Hmm... I wonder if it's too late for me to review it. biggrin.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 10TigerPL Nov 16 2005, 17:31 PM
@sk1llz only you play this game good VeryFunny.gif

This post has been edited by TigerPL: Nov 16 2005, 18:03 PM

+
# 11TigerPL Nov 19 2005, 18:59 PM
I will remach^^

+
# 12DerPapierTiger Nov 22 2005, 22:42 PM
There were alot of mistakes made, like alot of ppl pointed out. For example, Shadow made 2 HQ's instead of 1. biggrin.gif Legendary are usually reserved for the best of the best with hardly any mistakes. In this game, there were alot of mistakes.

Granted, on the pro level sometimes the only way to win is to wait for the enemy to make a mistake. But there were underlying critical mistakes though. For starters, ShadowTiger wasn't that aggressive. I think he only attacked once or twice. Skillz did a great job with applying pressure and constantly attacking.

QUOTE(GeneralGonzales @ Nov 14 2005, 10:03 AM) *

I agree with Tiger:
can´t see why this game got a rating from 9 !

CST player (Tiger) played too passive and got too few akulas. Against an us player you can depend on him going abrams, helis and SW in later game.
So Tigers main base was bad defended and he hadn´t any army to fend off abrams. That was the beginning from the end.

In addition he didn´t get pressure on his enemy. Only Skillz attacked permanently while Tiger was only in defense position. To be truly - that way ya can´t win a game against an experienced player.

My rating woud be a 7 !

Good review, and I agree. I feel this replay is on a scale of 7-8.

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 13-Jx- Feb 3 2006, 11:45 AM
yes i feel maybe its elite not legendary tbh i seen others they are probably better smile.gif

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 14ciaspook12 Feb 24 2006, 02:37 AM
Im a noob, so I hope that makes this better. How do I open the file I download?

It doesn't match anyhting, please some advice.

+
# 15KingsRevenge Feb 24 2006, 04:48 AM
All you have to do is extract to the files to your main AoW directory in a tree listing such as this:

c:\ActofWar\AOW\Replay

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)