Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

The Ultimate Goblin Strategy Guide

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1AgmLauncher Feb 9 2006, 04:19 AM
IPB Image

For those of you in the beta test, this is the ultimate way to learn how to win as Goblins. Thanks to Elven, Prepare, and NoFxFireblaze, we've compiled a list of the best strategies in the game. These are competition-grade strategies. They aren't generic helpful tips and hints, these are specific explanations of what you need to do to win against troublesome Dwarven strategies like Gloin rush and battlewagon spam.

Note that this is ONLY for the beta test. The final release of the game will be significantly different balance-wise. What you see in this guide wont apply for when the game comes out. But rest assured we will make the most bleeding edge competition grade strats available for everyone to learn.

Enjoy smile.gif

The Ultimate Goblin Strategy Guide

This post has been edited by Nic767: Feb 9 2006, 04:34 AM

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 2Major-König Feb 9 2006, 04:42 AM
Interesting...

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Soup Feb 9 2006, 07:58 AM
great post agmlauncher. I have a question though, when do you use, if ever, the lumber mills? Do they generate more resources than tunnels? How effective are they in your opinion?

You should also have a section on the FoD warships available, also other special units that can be created when taking over neutral outposts. They offer great strategies. Like the men in the central outpost on Harlindon, I forgot what htey are called, but fire early game is devastating to all infantry. It's a great strat to capture that outpost early on and hold it.

Game: Graphics

+
# 4AgmLauncher Feb 9 2006, 12:52 PM
QUOTE(Hartigan @ Feb 9 2006, 02:58 AM) *

great post agmlauncher. I have a question though, when do you use, if ever, the lumber mills? Do they generate more resources than tunnels? How effective are they in your opinion?

You should also have a section on the FoD warships available, also other special units that can be created when taking over neutral outposts. They offer great strategies. Like the men in the central outpost on Harlindon, I forgot what htey are called, but fire early game is devastating to all infantry. It's a great strat to capture that outpost early on and hold it.

A lot of the more specific things will come into play when the game comes out and more maps are available. Unfortunately, naval combat tactics and strategies will be map dependant, and Harlindon is small enough that naval combat is not really feasible.

As far as lumber mills, they're designed as a mid game economy boost. They're too expensive to make from the start, but mid game if you invest money in them, they can give you tremendous amounts of cash, especially considering you can put a tunnel right near one and it wont affect the efficiency of a tunnel. You can essentially get somewhere on the order of 2.5 to 3 times the amount of resource gathering potential from a tunnel+lumbermill in the same physical amount of space as just a single tunnel.

+
# 5Soup Feb 9 2006, 14:05 PM
I've had many great naval battles on Harlindon. Once you do have naval supremacy, and build the ship that costs 3000 resources, you can essentially bombard everypart of his base, even if you can't see it. All you have to do is explore his base so the shroud is removed, then it will show you a "partial shroud" once those units have died. Then, selecting your expensive bombard ships, you just hit the R key and left click on the image of the structure. You cannot see your missiles actually hit the structure, but after a few shots, the structure is destroyed. It's great for attack and defense vs dwarves because they have no air to counter your bombarding ships, and must rely on building ships of their own - effectively making him spend resources on units he isn't familiar with and doesn't want to build.

Game: Graphics

+
# 6Moser Feb 9 2006, 22:19 PM
lol? the game isnt released yet and you made a topic called "the ultimate goblin strat guide"... okay it was ultimate work of those guys who made it but the guide cannot be ultimative cause its only about 2 matchups and a pre-version of the real game drol.gif ... so in my opinion it's much to early to release an ultimative strat guides!

but anyway they made a great job thumb.gif ! i just criticize the name of this topic smile.gif

This post has been edited by Moser: Feb 9 2006, 22:20 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 7tehbeere Feb 9 2006, 23:26 PM
nice strats for beginners smile.gif. U made really nice ocuple of work happy.gif, hope some people will use this : ).

This post has been edited by tehbeere: Feb 9 2006, 23:36 PM

+
# 8AgmLauncher Feb 10 2006, 02:20 AM
QUOTE(Moser @ Feb 9 2006, 05:19 PM) *

lol? the game isnt released yet and you made a topic called "the ultimate goblin strat guide"... okay it was ultimate work of those guys who made it but the guide cannot be ultimative cause its only about 2 matchups and a pre-version of the real game drol.gif ... so in my opinion it's much to early to release an ultimative strat guides!

but anyway they made a great job thumb.gif ! i just criticize the name of this topic smile.gif

That's why it says "for the BFME 2 beta" rolleyes.gif

+
# 9Moser Feb 10 2006, 11:03 AM
thumb.gif your right.... i didnt see that -.-
blush.gif

btw launcher you've got an ownage medal =D

This post has been edited by Moser: Feb 10 2006, 11:04 AM

+
# 10Chili Feb 10 2006, 21:54 PM
is it me or is this game just about gettin as many farms or tunnels to win? if they keep it like this its goin to suck online, i dont want to just be rushing around building as many resource stuff as possible

This post has been edited by Chili: Feb 10 2006, 21:55 PM

+
# 11Phantom Feb 10 2006, 22:14 PM
QUOTE(Chili @ Feb 10 2006, 03:54 PM) *
is it me or is this game just about gettin as many farms or tunnels to win? if they keep it like this its goin to suck online, i dont want to just be rushing around building as many resource stuff as possible

Every RTS game is designed so that the more resource buildings you build, the better your chances of winning are. You have to consider many other factors (attacking, scouting, powers, upgrades...) to win. It's the balancing act that makes it strategic and fun. There's more to the game than just building stuff.

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 12AgmLauncher Feb 12 2006, 04:49 AM
QUOTE(Phantom @ Feb 10 2006, 05:14 PM) *

Every RTS game is designed so that the more resource buildings you build, the better your chances of winning are. You have to consider many other factors (attacking, scouting, powers, upgrades...) to win. It's the balancing act that makes it strategic and fun. There's more to the game than just building stuff.

Correct. You have to make strategic choices on spending money on more economy buildings vs spending money on units vs spending money on upgrades vs spending money on heroes.

You can't just make tons of economic buildings and no units and expect to win. But as you fight and push your opponent back, then yes, make more economic structures. That's a smart use of the territory you gained.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)