Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

A Different Sort of Dissatisfaction

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Dark Assassin Mar 15 2006, 06:51 AM
I seriously hope I'm not the only one here, but I feel a potentially greater disservice done by Electronic Arts reveals itself in the form of the voice dialogue inherent to every hero and unit within the game.

Sure, there are many potential game balances that can be mentioned, but coming from someone that's only TRUE interest in the game is because of its universe, isn't it quite frustrating to hear a horribly dubbed voice for the heroes of Tolkien's Middle Earth?

I wish EA would personally contact me and tell me that they couldn't secure licensing rights or another legal issue that prevented them from using easily and fantastic dialogue from the films or even new and custom recorded lyrics from the actors and actresses, but I'm very skeptical that this might be the case.

It's fantastic to hear Ian McKellen and Christopher Lee lend their genuine voices even in the first game and now apparently, Hugo Weaving in the campaign interludes, but seriously, why can't they secure such a line as Sean Bean's (Boromir) "For Gondor" from the second film or Viggo Mortensen's (Aragorn) "Let's Hunt Some Orc!" from the first film. To me, I feel that such a greater depth would enrich the game, from all factions. Obviously, the phrases used for Gloin or Thranduil could never be recaptured since obviously, they were never in any genuine canon source. However, simply borrowing phrases from the films for Legolas, Faramir, Eomer, Haldir, and the others would add so much to this game!

Perhaps I'm just ranting. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Dark Assassin

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 2mini Mar 15 2006, 07:28 AM
Uhh

Legolas/FAramir/Eomer have voice sfrom the movie i think

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Blizzard

+
# 3Sumeron Mar 15 2006, 08:06 AM
QUOTE(Dark Assassin @ Mar 15 2006, 01:51 AM) *

I seriously hope I'm not the only one here, but I feel a potentially greater disservice done by Electronic Arts reveals itself in the form of the voice dialogue inherent to every hero and unit within the game.

Its a great game isn't it? Why sweat the small stuff that is quite specific to your particular tastes.

Perhaps I'm just ranting. Discuss amongst yourselves.

I support your choice to express yourself and I'm sorry you are dissappointed. However, I love positive or constructive topics best. biggrin.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)