Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander

Cybran

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1randyfrog May 6 2006, 11:27 AM
IPB Image

In 2592 Dr Gustaf Brackman introduced cybernetic enhancements to humans. At first these implants "merely" allowed the human mind to quickly perform advanced mathematical calculations corrected emotional imbalances, and defeated other such "problems" with the human mind. The project evolved into fully cybernetic brains finetuned to specific fields, such as research and warfare.

Dr Brackman's research quickly progressed. Moral naysayers and other opponents of the research lobbied for restrictions to Brackman's creations. He reluctantly responded by implementing a controller into every cybernetic brain which could shut the brain down in case of it becoming hostile.

The situation quickly deteriorated. Discontent spread throughout the galaxy, and in fear of losing its power, the Earth created the Colonial Command, predecessors of the United Earth Federation. Althougyh Earth attempted to deactivated all cyborgs in response to the attacks, Brackman anticipated this move and fled with as many of his Symbiot comrades as possible to Pluto II. The group then became known as the Cybran Nation.

Amazingly, the Cybrans managed to slip under the Command's nose in all of the confusion generated by the dissent throughout the empire. The Cybrans built up their holdings and technology based on their new homeworld while Dr Brackman fell back on his own cybernetic enhancements to counter the effects of old age and illness.

Later, Cybran insurgents attacked the holdings of Earth, their oppressors of the past. This led to the collapse of most of the Earth's empire and the formation of the UEF during the Infinite War. Reasons for Aeon and Cybran aggression are currently unknown, but it is assumed the Cybrans rejected the Aeon offer of Enlightenment much like the Earth.

Cybran unit design is highly insectoid in nature. The faction's units tend to be walkers, resembling spiders and other bugs. Even its aircraft are highly influenced by bugs. Cybran units tend to have a lot of rough edges and sharp surfaces, apparently to strike fear in their biological enemies. The Cybrans have mastered stealth technology, and many of their designs are capable of going unnoticed on radar.

Pluto II
After Gustaf Brackman, leader of the cyborgs and AI which would later be known as the Cybran, saw that the people he had given cybernetic enhancements were in danger of being shutdown by safeguards he had been forced to program in, he gathered up as many of his followers as he could and migrated to the planet in the late 2600s, fleeing the Earth and its Colonial Command.

In the year 2592, Dr Brackman revealed that he had extended the scope of his biological-mechanical research to include human volunteers, showcasing a number of otherwise normal people, many of them his fellow researchers and co-workers. The enhanced humans showed super-human cognitive aptitude, highly developed memories, and exhibited none of the pre-existing and latent psychological disorders and anomalies that several of them had previously suffered from. This outraged primitive thinking conservatives and certain religious factions, who demonised Brackman and his subjects, labelling them with such outlandish condemnations as "soul thieves". They launched fear-campaigns, physical attacks on Brackman's research assets, and eventually made repeated attempts to assassinate Brackman

Gustaf Brackman
Background

Brackman first announced his research in 2592, producing what he called "twined individuals," Humans with microchips integrated into their brains to do advanced calculations at incredible speed, and balance out various human impulses, correcting psychological disorders. These microcomputers performed advanced AI algorithms designed to complement and enhance a person's own personality, abilities, and role in society. By 2612, the so-called Symbiont program had completed basic R&D and the technology became available to the general public. The work eventually evolved into the creation of cybernetic brains that functioned expertly in the areas of science, engineering, and war.

Criticism of His Work

Brackman's work proved to be extremely controversial, drawing condemnation from religious groups and others who accused Brackman of tampering with the biological purity of Humanity. In addition, Brackman was scorned by those who feared that purely biological Humans would become second-class citizens in the face of the superior capabilities of the cybornetics. This backlash grew to threats directed at Brackman, his colleagues, and anyone possessing artificial enhancements. The late 2590's saw multiple acts of violence, intimidation, and sabatoge against him and his research assets. Caving to public pressure, the government implemented regulations requiring Brackman to install emergency control chips in all Symbionts to ensure that they would not become hostile. However, Brackman secretly programmed an override on these chips which he could activate.

Leader of the Cybran Nation

After the uprising at Procyon, Brackman and his supporters fled Imperial territory to uncharted space. There they established a breakaway state called the Cybran Nation.

As of the beginning of the Infinite War Brackman was still living and a leader of the Cybrans. His brain, long since removed from his frail body, was sustained by advanced life support systems, and his thoughts were communicated through a holographic translator program.

Due to the chaos which was occuring elsewhere in the Earth's jurisdiction, the exodus went unnoticed. There, on Pluto II, the newly formed Cybran faction built itself up technologically and militarily. It began making attacks on the Earth's empire based from Pluto II, and eventually the Colonial Command collapsed due to this and other problems it had, both internally and externally

Land Units

Cybran land-based units tend to strongly resemble spiders and other insects with four or more legs. While the Cybran apparently do employ the use of some tracked vehicles, it is apparent that their real shows of power (and intimidation) lie in their walkers. Presumably, the walkers have the best climb rates of any land unit in the game, making them invaluable in rough, mountainous terrain.

While the UEF gets amphibious tanks and Aeon tanks have a tendency to hover, it is unknown if the Cybran get such a water crossing bonus, and if they do what the bonus is.
Light Assault Bot
IPB Image

Mobile Missle Launcher
IPB Image

The Monkeylord features a very large heat ray mounted on its torso, with a large barrel. While heat ray weaponry is common among Cybran units, the Monkeylord is the only known unit to feature one at such an enormous scale. The barrels on the back of the torso may also be weapons of some sort, however, they are more likely to be exhaust pipes or something similar.

Another "weapon" the Monkeylord has is its ability to literally step on and crush units with its massive legs. While the unit does not differentiate from friend and foe when crushing other units, it would probably prove most effective when wading through ranks of small enemy units while friendly units provide fire to covers its vulnerable underbelly.

The Monkeylord is also said to have anti-air guns, however from the screenshots it is unclear where they are positioned.

Strategic Usage
One Monkeylord falls to UEF tanks while a second continues its assault.

One Monkeylord falls to UEF tanks while a second continues its assault.

While the Monkeylord does not seem to be a walking god, it is still a very powerful unit. Its primary role appears to be line-breaking where smaller amounts of firepower in large numbers fail. It probably requires units to provide cover fire for its feet and underbelly, due to aiming restrictions caused by its massive stature.
sorry no img avalable sad.gif

Sea Units

The faction's sea units seem to be mostly similar to the UEF designs, except with a more "evil" appearance with spikes and other jagged edges. Several of the Cybran ships can partially submerge, dropping most of the way down into the water to create a lower profile for enemy ships. Of course, when they do this, they're bigger targets for torpedoes. Some Cybran ships have also been reported to have the ability to walk on land by sprouting legs in shallow water and proceeding up onto the land.
Destroyer
IPB Image

Air Units

Not many details have been published regarding Cybran aircraft. We know that its aircraft will have a higher tendency to be stealth, and that they are visually unlike any modern day aircraft designs. Cybran aircraft will probably share similar roles as the other teams, with fighters, interceptors, bombers, transports, and so on. An interesting note is that the Cybran aerial transport can apparently land and walk on the ground; what significance this has is unknown at this time. IPB Image

Torpedo Bomber
IPB Image

This post has been edited by DerPapierTiger: May 7 2006, 15:34 PM

Game: FPS

+
# 2ScaTm^N May 6 2006, 11:31 AM
You stole my idea sad.gif post-13661-1143531603.gif

"evil" appearance with spikes and other jagged edges. Several of the Cybran ships can partially submerge, dropping most of the way down into the water to create a lower profile for enemy ships.

Good read especially, their naval could be a major part in their tactical army smile.gif

This post has been edited by Irish/Judas: May 6 2006, 12:20 PM

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 3randyfrog May 6 2006, 11:32 AM
yeah

couldnt get ne pics of land units

il keep looking

+
# 4randyfrog May 7 2006, 10:15 AM
top post edited with more info

soz but sum pics didnt work sad.gif

+
# 5DerPapierTiger May 7 2006, 15:35 PM
Fixed the pics. They're now showing. Gj with the article. You wrote it yourself?

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6ScaTm^N May 7 2006, 16:07 PM
I gave him the info but he wrote it himself smile.gif

+
# 7randyfrog May 7 2006, 16:32 PM
^ not all info

he gave me info which was very helpful bowdown.gif

but i got sum myself

and i wrote

how did u get pics 2 work?

+
# 8ScaTm^N May 7 2006, 20:09 PM
Save the image, add attachment and stick it into your text.

+
# 9Alex06 May 7 2006, 20:35 PM
hmmm....they remind me of the CORE from TA...

Game: Generals 2

+
# 10prepare May 8 2006, 13:33 PM
very good... i´ll update the portal with that ...errm tomorrow. Same goes for Sca´s Aoen one.
You´ll get your Article medals then smile.gif

and dont forget, that medal has 5 levels smile.gif tongue.gif

Clan: EPIC

+
# 11DerPapierTiger May 8 2006, 14:31 PM
Man, high quality stuff. I didn't spot ANY obvious grammar errors. Are you two english teachers? tongue.gif

Btw, I fixed the pics by putting in the right url.

Clan: Teh Staff

+
# 12Andy p May 8 2006, 15:30 PM
Very nice i always love these artical background things, especially when you get 1's as well made as this 1.

Game: Hardware

+
# 13ScaTm^N May 8 2006, 17:17 PM
Very nice btw, Does that include mine? blush.gif smilie_naughty.gif

This post has been edited by ScaTm^N: May 8 2006, 17:18 PM

+
# 14randyfrog May 8 2006, 17:22 PM
well usualy i woulda made loads of errors but i was careful with this

if i made errors here it would look sloppy

+
# 15Demandred May 8 2006, 18:18 PM
rofl, are you SURE you didnt copy and paste from somewhere?
I dont have a clue, but some of it looks pretty complicated.

Clan: Corruption of Light

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 16randyfrog May 8 2006, 18:21 PM
lol demandred u were there when i wrote it

+
# 17Demandred May 8 2006, 18:26 PM
well TBH, I wasn't paying attention as I was on the other pc.

So when you kept saying 5 more mins this was what you were doing?

Also, i rule, im on his hate list. smilie_bleh.gif

Clan: Corruption of Light

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 18Andy p May 8 2006, 20:16 PM
QUOTE(ScaTm^N @ May 8 2006, 06:17 PM) *

Very nice btw, Does that include mine? blush.gif smilie_naughty.gif

Yeah sure lol u get a er banatoe, its not a banana nor is it a potatoe, its a banatoe. banana.gif

ps:its pronounced ba-na-to

This post has been edited by Andy p: May 8 2006, 20:17 PM

Game: Hardware

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)