Original Thread.
Official review by Hooked.

IPB Image

Great Plains

ES_Swinger

Vs.

bloodlust_

ES_Swinger - 2171

Overview-Very good comeback, as usual wub.gif I loved the never idle TC boom. You didn't do many things wrong, at least not big enough to post. One of the best things you did was spamming natives with the "Cheap Native Americans" card, making insanely cheap (53 food, 60 wood!?!!?!?) cavalry Archers. The only real reason this spam actually worked, however, was he insisted on War Wagons. If he had built pikeman your native spam would've been no more. And, the arsenal upgrade for ranged cavalry might've helped you attack his cavalry before he even saw yours. You never had an idle TC(s), allowing you to have 80 settlers even while losing some to raids. Also, you killed 10 landeshenekts with 23 minutemen 0wn3d.gif very good micro. There is just one more thing i have to get off my chest. You were portugese, but you never used spyglass. Ever. I mean, it wasn't that big a deal but that just seems weird to me. Very Good Game on your part.

6.5/10

bloodlust_ - 2312

Overview: VGG on your part, many things you did right. Most of these things are standard however sad.gif and your cuetuch ovbiously shows i can't teach you anything 0wn3d.gif You killed alot of his early game settlers, crippling him a little bit. This was just a little bit too late for he already had the economy required for his native spam. You never gave up on your raids, and you got mercs out. He microed off your Landeshenekts with his minutemen WTF.gif eyebrow.gif and your Black Riders/ War Wagons got microed off by his cheap Comanche Horse Archers. If you had started to spam pikeman, he would've had no way to counter you because he didn't build a barracks the entire game WTF.gif. You built some cannons later on, but i do not understand why. If it was just for anti-building, like i said pikeman would've done the job much cheaper and would've slaughtered his cavalry spam at the same time. VGG, but Swinger was just a tiny bit better.

6/10

6.25/10

Overall

Both players were very good, many things done right and few things done wrong. This is all i have to say, i'm done rambling.

This post has been edited by .Necron: May 9 2006, 19:50 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File swinger_vs_bloodlust.age3rec
Size: 486.58k
Number of downloads: 331
Player Name Side Team
Swinger 1
Bloodlust_ 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 2JunkFood Knight May 12 2006, 01:12 AM
was a great game
swinger really understands the game(duh he works at ES)

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Kathlen May 12 2006, 09:14 AM
His deck was goofy biggrin.gif

84 level port but seemed like take no more then level 16 to collect that deck.

Agree on rank 6 but very funny and highly intressting for anyone to watch... IMO maybe a new Legendary record

+
# 4Tharkun May 13 2006, 18:17 PM
gratz on ROTW.This was a cool game indeed but no legendary contender imo.

Game: Universe at War

+
# 5Hooked May 13 2006, 20:48 PM
GG guys, I swear I oughta get a medal for doing the review also...

Rofl, get to work necron wink.gif

This post has been edited by Hooked on Phonics: May 13 2006, 20:48 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6spinsane May 14 2006, 15:26 PM
German should've spammed muskets, not pikes, IMO.

This post has been edited by spinsane: May 14 2006, 15:26 PM

+
# 7Oranos May 15 2006, 12:16 PM
QUOTE(spinsane @ May 14 2006, 11:26 AM) *

German should've spammed muskets, not pikes, IMO.

Why? Pikes are better, I think. They can destroy buldings beter than muskets, and kill cavalry...

+
# 8Liberale May 17 2006, 07:33 AM
Pikes can not kill well microed cav archers

+
# 9Kathlen May 17 2006, 11:45 AM
You can't build natives from anywhere, great plains have alot of native settlement but they quite centralised, just this game it had been a bit hard but others you should probably attack the trade posts and take away the source of the natives, instead of kill natives that will come back in 1 min.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)