Explore GameReplays...

Rise of Legends

BHG And THQ At Work On New RPG

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Lombardi Jul 5 2007, 06:06 AM
IPB Image

THQ announced in May that they are teaming up with Rise of Nations and sequel Rise of Legends developer Big Huge Games in the making of a Role Playing Game.

According to BHG's official website, the project is being lead by BHG lead designer Ken Rolston, who's works include the recent Elder Scrolls games.

"I'm flabbergasted by the talent, craft and boundless energy of the Big Huge Games team. In such splendid company, I'm privileged to embark on a bold pilgrimage to create a refreshingly original RPG experience. I know eager game fans will share our excitement as we reveal further details in the coming months," Rolston said on the official site.

The game, scheduled to release in 2009, will be available for the PlayStation 3, the XBox 360 and the PC.

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2GenuineD Aug 2 2007, 19:04 PM
hey Lombardi
if you get the oppurtunity to speak to the big guy, Brian Renolds, can you ask him is BHG totally closed to the idea of an expansion to RoL.
or if you know some one who can speak to him, and you don't have access to speak to Brian, could you ask this other person that does have the access to speak to Brian about BHG doing an expansion.

RoL is too good a game to die.

Thank you Lombardi, can you pm about this as I forget all the places I post.

GenuineD

Game: Universe at War

+
# 3sm1ttynz Aug 4 2007, 23:04 PM
QUOTE(GenuineD @ Aug 3 2007, 07:04 AM) *

hey Lombardi
if you get the oppurtunity to speak to the big guy, Brian Renolds, can you ask him is BHG totally closed to the idea of an expansion to RoL.
or if you know some one who can speak to him, and you don't have access to speak to Brian, could you ask this other person that does have the access to speak to Brian about BHG doing an expansion.

RoL is too good a game to die.

Thank you Lombardi, can you pm about this as I forget all the places I post.

GenuineD

If they did you'll probably be waiting until after their new RPG game is released which is 2009. Most likely they'll be sinking all their resources into the new game.

+
# 4Cowbuttzex May 22 2008, 03:00 AM
RPG's? I hate rpg's cry.gif

Game: Rise of Legends

+
# 5f3nics Jul 20 2008, 07:17 AM
I agree, RPG games are always the same bullcrap. Walk around and kill monsters.

Game: Rise of Legends

+
# 6vb4 Jul 20 2008, 14:58 PM
No, they CAN be good.
But I prefer RPG-elements in my games (e.g. Veterancy for RTS), instead of RPG as a genre.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)