Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

YOUR IDEAS ARE NEEDED

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1prepare Sep 14 2005, 22:27 PM
A huge Bfme2 poll is on the way...

This project is meant to deliver the exact opinion of the whole community about their wishes, fears, and priorities to EA.

So what will be the things we vote about?
simple answer: the things you all suggest!

So thats why this topic is here: to collect all the issues this community has!

Go Ahead everything constructive and realistic will be added! Now its your chance to make the suggestion making this game even better, or just to show EA how many people really fear EA could do "XY" wrong

however you have to stay within the limits if you want your suggestion added to this poll:

first: you have max 2 sentences to cover your issue: one to lay the fundament for your question, and one with the actual statement / question. Make it as short as you can! Try to get it all done in one short sentence!

second: be aware of the choices you have to offer: you can either have a yes / no choice or a 6 answer range (most school systems have 6 right?) from like to dislike. The choices will be described with the words:
6) MUST BE! not having this ingame is unexcusable
5) AWESOME! soo cool, i´ll jump for joy if thats in
4) NICE...certainly is a step forward
3) DONT CARE...doesnt make any difference for me
2) PLEASE NOT...thats a step backwards
1) NO WAY!...i doubt if thats a game for me if thats in

so to give you examples about possible types of questions / ideas (doesnt mean you have keep within these types):

example 1: game mechanic change that affects all players:

Seeing a Cave Troll thats being shot at by archers or a hero and does nothing till hes dead looks plain stupid.
idea: Make monsters at lairs attack all units shooting at them regardless how far they are away
Possible Answers: range 6 to 1

[thats about the max length you have!]

example 2: a new feature that can be used but must not

Idea: Let us choose our own hotkey layout
Step 1: would you use this feature? Answer: yes / no
Step 2: rate this feature: 6 to 1

example 3: A simple question

Question: have you already been totally frustrated and angry because you coulndt get into a Turteled/bunkered Gondor castle in bfme 1?
Answer: yes / no

i already collected stuff from the "what i´d like to see in bfme2" pinned topic....but writing it twice is better than not getting your ideas heard

Agm Launcher and i will collect all REALISTIC ideas and will shorten everything thats longer than 2 normal sentences.....

Expect many people to vote about your ideas

deadline for suggestions is Thursday 21st September 12:00GMT
the poll will start a day or two later ad go for another week.
The results will be published as a one page list with the question / statement and the average rating and/or the yes/no percentages next to them

now go ahead! be creative! try to get rid of annoying bfme1 features! invent new ones! post!

This post has been edited by AgmLauncher: Oct 27 2005, 05:34 AM

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Lombardi Sep 14 2005, 23:15 PM
Have a managable weather system that doesnt make each FoD weather last forever
R: 6

Clan: Teh Staff

+
# 3prepare Sep 14 2005, 23:19 PM
i´ll start:

support the mouse buttons 4+5! (thumb buttons) and let us choose thier functionality (like cycle through stances or attack move)

And of course these 4 standard issues:
NAT/Firewall problems FIXED
Disconnecting = always and clear loss
Game.dat chrashes FIXED
perfect BALANCE = every army is exactly as strong as every other

edit ok im 2nd tongue.gif

This post has been edited by prepare: Sep 14 2005, 23:22 PM

Clan: EPIC

+
# 4Murder Sep 14 2005, 23:24 PM
Customizable hotkeys - Helps a lot for micro-ing smile.gif
Better stabilty
NAT/Firewall issues no more! tongue.gif

Clan: -FaKe|

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 5General Tekno Sep 14 2005, 23:52 PM
Here's an idea I've had for a bit - music cues dependant on game events.For instance, if a major game event occurs, such as a group of Rohirrim or Ents being summoned, the game would not just play a sound, but a music cue which fades in over the main game music, such as the Charge of the Rohirrim from ROTK and the Last March of the Ents cue from TTT.
R:6

Another idea - for summonables such as the Rohirrim, give the option to select the direction in which they appear using the same way building direction at placement is changed. The units would then immediately charge on appearance in said direction, allowing the player to all of a sudden blow through a wall of enemy units and increasing their effectiveness.
Y/N

And here's a power idea for the elves: Ea.
For those who've read the Sil, Ea was the word uttered by Illuvatar upon his creation of Arda. This power would 'change the way of the world' by collapsing an area of ground - thus killing all units found on said patch of ground (like when the ground around the Black Gate collapses in ROTK). An excellent way to dispel enemy armies and a good basebreaker as well.
R:6

EDIT: Just a quick thought - For War of the Ring mode, why not make it Frodo and Sam who wander around the map instead of Gollum? As Gollum did not have the Ring at that time, and since Frodo and Sam are unbuildable units whereas Gollum is, they would be a perfect choice to bear the Ring (and Sam to guard Frodo!)
Y/N

This post has been edited by General Tekno: Sep 15 2005, 01:10 AM

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 6blitzsieg0490 Sep 15 2005, 00:03 AM
Unique ships for each side! R: 5

NAT/Firewall problems fixed. R: 6

(btw, tekno, you didn't follow the guidelines AT ALL)

This post has been edited by blitzsieg0490: Sep 15 2005, 00:05 AM

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 7BaLL_ Sep 15 2005, 00:06 AM
Prepare's ideas, agreed smile.gif

Also when people observe a game.. for example say there's 3 observers in a 1v1 game, allow the observers to talk to each other throughout the game but not able to communicate with the players. Just like how it is in warcraft 3 smile.gif

Clan: DreaM|DivA

+
# 8thegreatdegwin Sep 15 2005, 00:11 AM
A Better economy system rather than "Lets build a furnace and get money automatically"

I would like to see the need for workers, ie Harvesting resources, Building things. Maybe the more workers you get the faster buildings can be produced.

Also I would like to see more responsive controls. Like in some situations Heroes wont listen to you at all and get glitchy.. Fix that

This post has been edited by thegreatdegwin: Sep 15 2005, 00:13 AM

Game: Counter Strike: Source

+
# 9TrueSilver Sep 15 2005, 01:08 AM
It looks stupid for units to have to stop moving to attack.

In example, aragorn runs up to the enemy, stops moving completely, and starts his attack animation. Why doesn't he use the momentum of his movement to lunge into the enemy and run him through with his sword? It looks horrible as it is in BFME.

Archers need to be able to run toward/retreat and still fire.

If nazguls still have fell beasts, give them commands to lower and ride closer to the ground so they can run over horses.

And make sure bfme 2 is good before you release it.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 10Arctic Aurora Sep 15 2005, 01:18 AM
No essays people. Multi-paragraph ramblings aren't allowed. Short and sweet - hear that? Posts not following guidelines will be edited and summarized or deleted.

Clan: Teh Admins

Game: World in Conflict

+
# 11snipelfritz Sep 15 2005, 01:30 AM
A larger variety of hero battle animations and VO lines. 4

VOIP. 4

The ability to use many different units and have variety of strategy. 6

Easy learning, yet depth to strategy. 5

Really awesome summon powers. 6 pirate.gif

+
# 12Elronir Sep 15 2005, 01:32 AM
Smeagol graphic to be changed into a walking piece of bacon drol.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 13B34TINGUI Sep 15 2005, 01:50 AM
*Make it harder to rush in early game
*Make it harder to camp
*Make all units useful (for example rangers completly suck and nobody exept noobs uses them)
*Each faction should have several new editions ( I think isen is getting the short end of the stick)
Thats all i have to say for now smile.gif

This post has been edited by [EIA]B34TINGU1: Sep 15 2005, 01:51 AM

Game: None

+
# 14Uptown Sep 15 2005, 02:03 AM
QUOTE([EIA)
B34TINGU1,Sep 14 2005, 09:50 PM]*Make it harder to rush in early game
*Make it harder to camp

oxymoron????? wacko.gif 0wn3d.gif

EDIT: Anyways no firewall/router problem. Best thing tbh for EA games.

This post has been edited by Chun-a-Lun: Sep 15 2005, 02:04 AM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 15mistercrowley Sep 15 2005, 02:27 AM
I think this has already been addressed, but no pre-determined build spots. R5

Better AI for slow moving units, I.E.:Mumakil, idle trolls or trolls in guard mode. R6

Less Turtleing/Camping, Less reliance on defence. R6

Fixed NAT Firewall Issues. R6

Again, already mentioned in preview, but intellegent formations to counter an enemy or attack instead of toggling between 2 buttons. R5

Fix "Out of Sync" errors from multiversion errors or mods. R6

On QM Ladder start unranked players more towards middle then at the bottom of the ladder. Their win or loss will determine which direction they will start heading. Lot of people make multiple names to pwn noobs and it throws off ladder considerably. R6

Clan: Tools of War

Game: Modern Warfare 2

+
# 16TeeToo Sep 15 2005, 04:04 AM
just Perfect Balance .. i trust EA and no they can make great games ..but they have problems with balance ..hope they w'll get rid of this problem smile.gif

This post has been edited by alaa: Sep 15 2005, 04:05 AM

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 17Dr.Evil Sep 15 2005, 04:25 AM
AGM,

My understanding is that in BFME2 the number of troops in a group will increase. I believe this could become a problem when trying to micro manage your troops in tight quarters. One thought is to build your ideal sized formation from smaller groups. For example take a group of knight (as in BFME) and allow them to combine with other groups of knights to the acheive your desired troop size. Also allow them to ungroup if desired. This will for smaller groups for close quarters action and bigger groups to better manage the large increase in troop numbers as compared to BFME.

Evil

Clan: The Holy and the Damned

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 18GreenMonkey Sep 15 2005, 04:38 AM
Support customizeable controls, mouse buttons, etc.

Example: A clickable Guard command on my mouse would be a godsend, as would if I could put Glorious Charge, for example, on a mouse click (for playing against Gandalf WOP, quick button hitting/clicking is a must!).

MORE base-breaking powers, not just one at 10-20 points. Or some REALLY big ones past that point to stop the stalemating. And no "Gandalf zaps Balrog" B.S. Zero Hour has the superweapons and multiple specials for hitting campers hard inside and to penetrate their defenses suddenly. Game doesn't turn into an unending stalemate NEARLY as easily as BFME can.

I can see playing Dwarves will be fun, hows that Base Camping go Gondor folks, when my dwarves come up through the ground into your base ol GLA style? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by GreenMonkey: Sep 15 2005, 04:40 AM

Clan: DreaM|DivA

+
# 19Northpal Sep 15 2005, 04:48 AM
What I'd like BFME2 to take in account:

- Keep very diversified races, even if it makes it harder for balancing. Be ready to patch blatant unbalances as fast as the community finds them, and to regularly tinker with it during the patches to keep the game fresh.

- Remove all the stupid microing advantages linked to stupid games effects like: destroyin a building while it is being attacked to get cach back (only allow a building to be destroyed while it is 100% HP), fix the hobbit-troll creeping bug, make all powers works the same way (i.e. while Istari light never fails once triggered, lurtz arrow can be thwarted by microing..),

- Keep the principle of units veterancy: Having to pay attention to your unit veterancy is part of good tactics/strategies, and make the game not simply cannon fodder creation.

- Prevent any possibility of doing things like towers attacks. Personaly, I liked the fixed outpost on the maps.

- Map control should have some slight effect in increasing your POP maximum. POP max is a good thing though and allows for come backs so it needs to be kept in.

- Remove the idea to heal heroes from powers dropped from the skyes. Athelas power of aragorn is ok, wells are ok, heal power is not.

Clan: |elder| & |eldar|

+
# 20Ratdog Sep 15 2005, 05:20 AM
Definitions: The ini file and the in game descriptions need ACCURATE definitions. Get rid of the confusing % increase statements. Also, these definitions need to be updated with each successive patch.

For example:
150% increase is NOT a multipler of of 1.5
150% increase IS a multiler of 2.5

Clan: The Holy and the Damned

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)