Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

2.02 Bug Report Topic

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Phoenix Nov 1 2015, 17:47 PM
This is the new 2.02 Bug Report topic. Report all your issues here. If you find a serious, abusable, game-breaking bug, please PM one of the developers instead (such as myself).

To keep the topic clean, we will periodically remove old posts that we have already processed (i.e. issues we fixed or added to our patch issue tracker).

You can see the full list of issues that we are working on here:
https://gitlab.com/forlongthefat/rotwk-unofficial-202/issues

Search for the ones labelled as "Bug" to get the list of known bugs.

Clan: Corruption of Light

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2Lazarus° Nov 1 2015, 21:02 PM
Wyrm changes target after one attack.

+
# 3Phoenix Nov 2 2015, 16:13 PM
Good one! I will look into this. Bug added to issue tracker.

+
# 4Lazarus° Nov 2 2015, 19:30 PM
Also if Wyrm is in HG stance he will attack once and then just stop, no response even if attacked.

+
# 5Lazarus° Nov 4 2015, 00:21 AM
Sometimes if orcs get scared by lair troll, remain scared forever laugh.gif
Attached Image

+
# 6MauHúR Nov 4 2015, 01:19 AM
QUOTE(Lazarus° @ Nov 4 2015, 00:21 AM) *

Sometimes if orcs get scared by lair troll, remain scared forever laugh.gif
Attached Image

That can happen to all units and has already been noted a while ago.

+
# 7Phoenix Nov 4 2015, 01:29 AM
Are there any specific ways to reproduce this bug? Or is it just a bit random? How common is it?

+
# 8Excelsior Nov 4 2015, 06:53 AM
QUOTE(MauHúR @ Nov 4 2015, 03:19 AM) *

That can happen to all units and has already been noted a while ago.
QUOTE(Phoenix @ Nov 4 2015, 03:29 AM) *

Are there any specific ways to reproduce this bug? Or is it just a bit random? How common is it?

I think it's pretty much random. It's definitely not common, but it does happen from time to time. I have no idea how to go about fixing something like this, but it's nothing serious considering that it's only one horde of units. I've also only ever had this happen in skirmish play.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 9MauHúR Nov 4 2015, 11:02 AM
It mostly ofc happens to pikes that are trying to kill the troll but those can get rid of the bug by switching to porcupine and back. if there are for example Guardians nearby that are already killing the lair while the pikes deal with the troll they can also get the bug if they are close enough and that is a big loss for a Dwarf in the earlygame. I suggest to just remove that uncontrollable fear that trolls cause since it only creates problems.

+
# 10Excelsior Nov 4 2015, 11:37 AM
QUOTE(MauHúR @ Nov 4 2015, 13:02 PM) *

It mostly ofc happens to pikes that are trying to kill the troll but those can get rid of the bug by switching to porcupine and back. if there are for example Guardians nearby that are already killing the lair while the pikes deal with the troll they can also get the bug if they are close enough and that is a big loss for a Dwarf in the earlygame. I suggest to just remove that uncontrollable fear that trolls cause since it only creates problems.

That is an alternative for fixing lair Trolls, but it would also be a nerf. sad.gif Normal trolls also give out that passive uncontrollable fear, yet I've never seen any units being permanently affected by it from them.

+
# 11Lazarus° Nov 4 2015, 17:55 PM
I suggest to just remove that uncontrollable fear that trolls cause since it only creates problems.

Agreed, it also adds element of randomness which shouldn't exist in games played competitively.

+
# 12Phoenix Nov 4 2015, 19:47 PM
I suggest buffing lair trolls if we take away their fear ability. How does that sound?

+
# 13Excelsior Nov 4 2015, 19:56 PM
QUOTE(Phoenix @ Nov 4 2015, 21:47 PM) *

I suggest buffing lair trolls if we take away their fear ability. How does that sound?

Sounds perfect. Though, what about the troll? That uncontrollable fear does but it some time. Or would it be overkill to buff both? If so, perhaps just a buff to the Troll instead.

+
# 14Lazarus° Nov 4 2015, 20:01 PM
QUOTE(Phoenix @ Nov 4 2015, 20:47 PM) *

Just remove fear, trolls don't need buffs.

+
# 15Excelsior Nov 4 2015, 20:20 PM
QUOTE(Lazarus° @ Nov 4 2015, 22:01 PM) *

Just remove fear, trolls don't need buffs.

We're talking about just the Lair Trolls. Removing that passive fear generator is nerfing them, even as slight as it may be.

+
# 16Lazarus° Nov 4 2015, 20:32 PM
We're talking about just the Lair Trolls.

I'm too tongue.gif They really dont need buffs.

Maybe separate trolls discussion to other topic so we wont make mess here.

+
# 17MauHúR Nov 4 2015, 20:36 PM
They dont need a buff to make up for something..
Remove the fear and problem solved.

+
# 18Excelsior Nov 4 2015, 20:48 PM
QUOTE(MauHúR @ Nov 4 2015, 22:36 PM) *

They dont need a buff to make up for something..
Remove the fear and problem solved.

It's the same thing as removing King Dain's Stubborn Pride ability (perhaps because it causes an irreparable crash to the game, for instance) and saying that nothing was changed. Sometimes, solving bugs does, on the rare occasion, mean removing certain abilities or capabilities. It doesn't mean you can't make up for it.

+
# 19Phoenix Nov 4 2015, 21:18 PM
Are lair trolls considered OP or something? Their fear effect is actually pretty significant. Your pikes will have a much easier time killing it with minimal casualties if they don't cower in fear for a few seconds first.

+
# 20Excelsior Nov 4 2015, 21:31 PM
QUOTE(Phoenix @ Nov 4 2015, 23:18 PM) *

Are lair trolls considered OP or something? Their fear effect is actually pretty significant. Your pikes will have a much easier time killing it with minimal casualties if they don't cower in fear for a few seconds first.

Agreed. One "burst" of fear is almost as long as Boromir's stun effect. No jokes. It's very significant indeed.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)