13.21% (7)
4 - USA base
5.66% (3)
5 - Video game inspired landscape

Total Votes: 53
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ScOtSmAn Jul 1 2021, 06:48 AM
The poll will close on the 15th of July!

Spoiler

Spoiler

- For the music I recorded the guitars and bass physically (I will sent photo of gear later, might be interesting little addition). The bass guitar actually has been a very generous gift by cnchd to support my my musical efforts. The drums I programmed with midi where I basically used the keyboard as instrument to record the base rhythms.
- For the screenshots I used Reshade, a post-processing injector to enhance the graphics, basically live photoshop. The only after editing I did is cropping the images, as the ingame camera has some limitations.(edited)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Spoiler

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Spoiler

Attached Image

Spoiler

Videogame inspired landscape made from ice and the photographed and digitally edited

Attached Image

Clan: iWuB

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 2XOUTH Jul 1 2021, 11:36 AM
Wow, thanks for everyone that participated.
My thoughts on the entries:

Spoiler

Kane's Wrath Arts for Gamereplays GFX Competition

A really impressive effect of the thumbnails, vibrant colors, interesting playaround with type and I'm amazed by those reduced faction icons.
Would love to see them for RA3 and in my collection pirate.gif (can I?) Big plus because it's a well done composition shown on Behance.

USA Theme

Man, that was a hella effort? Personally, I absolutely have zero know-how about music compositions and generally I'm not spending so much time thinking about musical stuff like that, but I've enjoyed that track and have been feeling the vibe I guess. After listening and watching the screenshots I came back to this topic to read the description and I'm impressed of your progress, thank you for being so detailed. Including the cat does effect my decision.

Whiteboard Art

It's Gardevoir from Pokémon. Appreciating that it is hand drawn an it's most likely painted from a template. In fact it is a more technical than creative piece of work right there, which is fine but I'd prefer creativity here on that event. Would've also enjoyed a better photograph and without that man with guns as it does have nothing in common with the composition. GG Edvin

USA Base

I wont judge too fast but on the first sight this is my favourite. For (Generals) Zero Hour, it looks very sharp and clear. Nice camera ankle; Compliment for the composition in general, proportions and details like the lens flare. Is that a screenshot or where is this image from? Really wish that the (Gen) ZH Section(s) would only take images like that for portalising content. This is excellent material.

Video Game inspired Landscape

More or less a piece of abstract art, mixed media as well. Though I've done similar works in the past, I really miss some kind of "tension" on that. In the end I'd say that I like it, the harmony and peace in it and I enjoy looking at it, but in comparison with most of the above entries, it doesn't catch me at all.

Decision and Personal Note

My personal top 3 (in no order) are definetly the KW Thumbnails (most likely the composition and icons); USA theme for the vibe that catched me, effort and as bonus: The Cat (what's the name?); As well the USA Base.

It's not easy to decide and they're very close to each other, but in the end I'll vote for the USA Base. Absolutely amazing shot, Well done! I'd really like to see more of this. I think the community would nothing but benefit if there would be more images like that. Not only for (Gen) ZH, also for other games of the franchise.

Thanks Scots for hosting this, it's an amazing opportunity to see community members show us their creative mindset and I really enjoyed it having a deeper look into it. Sadly I couldn't participate myself, but I've started working on a portrait formatted digital artwork that should be a star wars poster but with Kane and NOD & GDI units. It's not finished and it would require a lot of time to get it done... and I'm not sure if I'll continue.

Anyhow, thank you!

Clan: H2O

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3AggressivePanda Jul 1 2021, 20:39 PM
5th is very abstract which I like.

But being a KW fan, had to vote for Drive.

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 4Whitey Jul 1 2021, 20:41 PM
Oooo Aaaaa UP KANES WRATH

+
# 5AggressivePanda Jul 1 2021, 21:12 PM
QUOTE(Whitey @ Jul 1 2021, 20:41 PM) *

Oooo Aaaaa UP KANES WRATH

Head of moderation, Whitey casts his vote.

+
# 6ScOtSmAn Jul 1 2021, 21:53 PM
They are very very nice smile.gif blown away with the talent of the people on this site!

+
# 7-ExiLe` Jul 1 2021, 23:00 PM
wow, first entry looks so clean man, love those graphics.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 8AggressivePanda Jul 2 2021, 09:10 AM
Isn't it a bit bias posting in the generals section with generals type imagery included in the poll? Inherently at an advantage there.

+
# 9ScOtSmAn Jul 2 2021, 09:53 AM
Well it’s a generals section sponsored competition and since there is no art section(just now) it’s the only place for it smile.gif

Should mention that it’s Technically zero hour imagery and most generals players hate zero hour tongue.gif

I’m sure no one will vote just because it’s a certain game or person anyway, the entry that gets your vote should reflect your feelings about whats been created!

+
# 10HaWkY^ Jul 2 2021, 11:37 AM
What’s the vote for?

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 11Dense Jul 2 2021, 11:45 AM
I vote 2.

Nice job all, first entry art looks very smooth.

+
# 12ScOtSmAn Jul 2 2021, 12:59 PM
some further information about the USA theme entry for those interested

Spoiler

The screenshots:
So for these shots I used Reshade, a post-processing injector to enhance the graphics, basically live photoshop. The only after editing I did is cropping the images, as the ingame camera has some limitations. Check the following link for the high-res versions: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mxz896g412opz9u/...OIHedL2IUa?dl=0

The music:
I've always been inspired by the Generals OST's and I just love them, every single theme. With my music background, the USA tracks really have something in them that made me wanna try and cover them. So I did and I'm quite happy how that turned out, I actually did 3 of them so far! Though, they are not entirely finished yet! I will (re)release them in the near future with potentially some really cool surprises, so stay tuned.

So the guitars and bass I recorded physically (check the photo's below) and the bass guitar actually has been a very generous gift by cnchd to support my my musical efforts, so a massive shoutout to him! Check out the little bassline 'solo' at 2:06.

The drums I programmed with midi where I basically used the keyboard as instrument to record the base rhythms. It required a whole lot of post-processing to make it sound unique and while the drum software I use is amazing at making it sound like a human performance, most amateur productions like these tend to sound very recognizable. I wanted to avoid that!

Attached Image

+
# 13El-NiNo^9 Jul 2 2021, 19:01 PM
My favourite is Generals credits theme, anyone knows it?

Clan: Master of Death

+
# 14-ExiLe` Jul 4 2021, 16:37 PM
QUOTE(El-NiNo^9 @ Jul 2 2021, 20:01 PM) *

My favourite is Generals credits theme, anyone knows it?

lol that's funny, I searched it on youtube and first search result is your vid biggrin.gif

What's up with the weird cut though?

But I want this as victorious theme when I win super imba's biggrin.gif

+
# 15baggio15934 Jul 5 2021, 07:25 AM
QUOTE(ScOtSmAn @ Jul 1 2021, 06:48 AM) *

The poll will close on the 15th of July!

Spoiler

Spoiler

- For the music I recorded the guitars and bass physically (I will sent photo of gear later, might be interesting little addition). The bass guitar actually has been a very generous gift by cnchd to support my my musical efforts. The drums I programmed with midi where I basically used the keyboard as instrument to record the base rhythms.
- For the screenshots I used Reshade, a post-processing injector to enhance the graphics, basically live photoshop. The only after editing I did is cropping the images, as the ingame camera has some limitations.(edited)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Spoiler

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Spoiler

Attached Image

Spoiler

Videogame inspired landscape made from ice and the photographed and digitally edited

Attached Image

+
# 16AggressivePanda Jul 13 2021, 19:15 PM
The voting system here is bias towards generals. Being that its in the generals forum and nowhere else on the site. Why wouldn't it be linked into all relevant sections?

+
# 17ScOtSmAn Jul 13 2021, 19:38 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Jul 13 2021, 20:15 PM) *

The voting system here is bias towards generals. Being that its in the generals forum and nowhere else on the site. Why wouldn't it be linked into all relevant sections?

Yet the zero hour entry is wining? And the kanes wrath entry is second? tongue.gif

Also anyone can link it anywhere they want?

+
# 18ScOtSmAn Jul 15 2021, 22:12 PM
voting is now closed! thanks for taking part :-)

final vote results

Attached Image

congrats -ExiLe`!

+
# 19-ExiLe` Jul 16 2021, 11:57 AM
QUOTE(ScOtSmAn @ Jul 15 2021, 23:12 PM) *

voting is now closed! thanks for taking part :-)

final vote results

Attached Image

congrats -ExiLe`!

Thanks! And thanks everyone!

Hopefully I can release all 3 covers before the end of the year, so stay tuned and keep on eye on cnchd’s youtube channel

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)