Explore GameReplays...

Act of War: Direct Action

Allnicksinuse vs tp|7OGEpner

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1KingsRevenge Jun 18 2006, 20:50 PM
High Treason ROTW

Review and Strat Analysis by KingsRevenge:
Link to the original replay post has pictures plus more strat analysis!

At first, I thought this was just an outright raw strat replay, but its not. This was actually a good intresting watch. Since this is a good replay and strat in half, I'll briefly explain the game and then talk about the strat which is interesting.

Replay Review
For the most part the replay started off wierd with allnicks in uses' BO, not wierd but different. But wierd in the fact that it didn't look like it could withdstand an attack from a CST player. Another USA player and it would be no worries. However the game starts with allnicks in use staying around homebase and not expanding , while he does this it allows for TP to expand and capture the outskirt oil derricks. During this point he accumulates alot of resources to send some large attacks towards allnicks base which is able to suprisingly defend all attacks due to good micro and units being in the right place at the right t ime. Had TP not randomly sent his units in without a direct formation the battles would have been different. Because TP was smart at taking the derricks quickly it allowed him to gather up plenty of money and go for a super weapon which is an ideal plan that I would have in mind. Upon driving the super weapon into allnicks base, he ends up killing a hospital full of POW's and a bulk of allnicks base. However because of apaches allnicks base is safe and he is able to win the game with an impressive attack to both of TP's expansions on the outskirts which are lightly defended. Because of this when the oil at home ran out ofr TP and he had no POW"s it was GG for him. This is a very good game and I recommend everyone watch it.

Strat Analysis
The bo goes, refinery,barracks+power,then hospital with 3 javs for defence at the start. To me this is kind of scary, the other day I got pwned by SKSUS with a well defnded base because my javs took forever to ram his hummer with a missle while in ambush mode and he was able to gun them down with ease. The negative aspect of not being able to have that armor depot is it doesn't allow you to have any way to quickly transport or quickly attack something in the early game for expasion defense or awareness. Howeverwith the hospital you get the mortars which is a great way to attack infantry. I'm not sure how well they are against buggies but against infantry they are VERY good. (On a side note, I learned this weekend in a game with Razor14 in which my game conked out and gave me a DInput error which made me have to quit. The CHipwea stealthy helicopter is great for killing a group of inf with its rockets. It pretty much obliterates inf and all you need is one) The hospital also provides you with the chopper which is a great scout. In most cases I usually try to act like I don't have the chopper at the beginning, but allnicks kept spreading around the chopper to find out where tthe enemy was and his wear abouts. One thing that worked out positvely for allnicks is the fact that he didn't attack. If he attacked TP's base anywhere from the sides his hummer would've bene shredded by the sniper in the buildings on those flanks and the commando to clean up the inf. Besides that this is the bulk of the starting BO and you just have to wait for an enemy attack. He did build an armor depot slightly later but I find the effectivness of this strat relies on if you can catch your enemy offguard, or you are playing an opponent that is non aggressive within teh first 2 minutes of the game. After that you should have a light armor depot available and some form of a tank to help with defense. Another aspect thats importan in this BO is that bradleys are far more effective vs TFT tanks than hummers smile.gif. I like my hummers but in a BO like this bradleys take the cake. The last tidbit of info I noticed is you can hide the mortars in the hospital under the mesh tent opening. This may make it hard to locate and kill the mortar while you are trying to attack a base like this.

Attached File(s)
Attached File rotw6_18_06.zip
Size: 954.06k
Number of downloads: 198
Player Name Side Team
Allnicksinuse 0
tp|7OGEpner 0

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 2M06qU1t0 Jun 21 2006, 09:59 AM
OMG, this is a must see for everyone that thinks he knows what microing is. Allnicksinuse, that was the best replay i ever saw, you rock man thumb.gif

+
# 3KingsRevenge Jun 21 2006, 23:43 PM
This was like one of those games, where everything goes your way perfectly, until that big nuke gets dropped on you and he still pulls it out.

+
# 4STCAB Jun 23 2006, 23:52 PM
Haha thanks, M06qU1t0. BTW, when he fired the nuke. He did not destroy my hospital. He reduced it's health to like 1 or something. So I was able to repair it.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)