Rise of Legends

Nut vs. AtLeastTry

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1WISE Architect Jun 26 2006, 20:55 PM
Review by Hiram Sedai
Link to original topic.

white text has been edited by natey14 for applicant evaluation

Nut Vs AtleastTry
Total Game time approx 45 min <---I moved this to the top, it's better to have it up here before the review

Alin Mirror on the Kalahese Desert <---next time you might want to put these in larger and a little bolder colors

Overview: This game was entertaining for a fan of the Alin. It featured plenty of action and few lulls in the battle. Most of the fighting was in the center around a city and a Glass Citadel. At first glance, it seemed to be a very even match, but when I looked closer, I noticed some interesting things.

A pretty good overview, but if your going to talk about the game summary here, you want a little more detail. Basically just summarize the early game into a sentence, then the mid game into a sentence and then the late game into a sentence. So you have 3 sentences that summarize the entire game.

Nut
First City 6:33 First Hero: 1:55 Total Cities: 3.5

Usually it is good to have a build order listed, just the first 3 or 4 buildings will do, so something like this...

BO: Merchant > Magus > Merchant

Pros:
+ Nice mine harrassment
+ Good job reinforcing defense from early rush
+ Almost lost Sawu due to keyboard prob ?? but recovered well
- Interesting Glass Golem Raid on enemy flank mine
- Good fortifying border with sand spires
- Very timely summoning of Fire Golem from Damanhur

Usually you don't want to have the pros as the "-" because people will mistake it for a negative and think its the cons section. I have edited the first 3 so you can see what I mean

Cons:
- Tim deposit neglected upper right close to original city
- Disposable Blue Berry (Sawu dying very often)
- Attrition - lack of puzzle boxes
- Should have attacked from different angles

Summary: I noticed that you went straight for your opponent and focused on the center most of the time. I would recommend using more of those dark alin units to assist you in your border pushing efforts. You researched Treasure and Evocation from the beginning. If you had followed through with your golems on that flank, you may have netted yourself another city. I enjoyed that one part of the game when you had enough of the stalemate and went at his cities and his Tim deposits! Your Glass dragon parted the borders and made it even more entertaining.

Pretty good summmary and a good amount of tips. But you also need to give a player rating. I would prob give him a

Player Score: 7/10

AtLeastTry
First City: 14:00 First Hero: 3:00 Dakla!!! Total Cities 3.5 (the one in the center was usually changing sides perpetually)

BO: Merchant > Magus > Magus > Military

Pros:
- Good control grouping from start with rally points
- Excellent scouting and Tim hunting from start
- Good use of Dakla's powers
- Very logical usage of Citadel as retreating/rallying point for hero and army
- Amusing use of glass cannon to snip at enemy city and taunt enemy into attacking

Same thing here about the "-"

Cons:
- Kept most attention at middle
- Dormant miners Top right next to city
- Took last neutral city in your borders at 33:00 into game...you could have used that city earlier
- Could have had some better unit countering early game
- Could have microed Dakhla better, and Sawu is usually a better choice going against Alin
- Should have attacked from different angles

Summary: You had balanced research from the beginning and I was impressed with your usage of The Sand Warden. You spent much of your wealth upgrading his powers to good effect. I would recommend expanding and probing the flanks more than just squaring off in the middle for 30+ minutes of the game. I have a feeling that the game ended because of how long it went, not because of how well or poorly you both were doing.

And you need a player score here too.

Player Score: 5.5/10 <---it is ok to give decimal ratings for players, but not for the game smile.gif

Overall: I enjoyed the almost non stop battling and upgrading of various units but there were too many moments when you two could have taken advantage of flanks and simply taken a city or two. The ending point was that Glass Dragon, up-the-gut-raid. I rate this as a solid 6 for display of Alin unit counters and good, solid defense on both sides.

I agree with your game score, gg, well played guys smile.gif

Closing Evaluation Comments
I think this was a good first review and there are just one or two things to work on. Don't forget your build orders and Player Scores. And maybe work on the general format a bit. Work on the summaries a tad too. Other than that, great work. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Hiram Sedai: Jun 27 2006, 17:38 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File Nut_vs._AtLeastTry.rec
Size: 528.93k
Number of downloads: 211
Player Name Side Team
AtLeastTry 6
Nut 6

Clan: [Wise]

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2♥♥♥Raaman♥♥♥ Jun 26 2006, 22:56 PM
It's june

Game: Empire Total War

+
# 3PayBack Jun 27 2006, 07:16 AM
QUOTE(Raaman @ Jun 26 2006, 11:56 PM) *

It's june

it is ? darn , i was hoping christmas was soon sad.gif

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 4koner Jun 27 2006, 10:13 AM
Congrats guys thumb.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: None

+
# 5Hiram Sedai Jun 27 2006, 17:39 PM
changed topic to correct month - June

congratulations gentlemen, i'm sure one of our friendly neighborhood admins will give you your medal soon.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)