Original Thread.
Official review by Necron.

Monte vs Beertender

IPB Image
cyan vs. blue
IPB Image vs. IPB Image
Game Time 31:26

Monte

+ Got a market and Hunting Dogs early into the game.
+ Your early wood market upgrade and Virginia Company worked nicely together.
+ 2 Barracks with a veteran upgrade very soon into fortress.
+ The 3 Rockets card saved you from dying then and there, perfect card to send.

- You had the resources but it took you a while to start aging up to Fortress.
- Letting him kill 2 vills with 6 longbows was poor, especially when nothing else was happening during the game.
- Should have brought your 2 pikes with your longbows, would have helped a lot against his Hussars.
- Needed to get one last shot on the TP to take it down, you turned to fight against his army with one falc instead.
- Should have got some hussars out and raided his very unguarded villagers.
- Use your explorer more during late game to scout areas that aren't heavily protected to find some great raiding opportunities.
- After the first battle with his guard longbows, you had your vills garrisonned for a very long time.
- You lost your Fort ver unnecassarily, you took a long time to start attacking the mortars with culverins.
- There were times during the game where you trained, for example, 2 longbows when you should have trained the full 5.
- Needed to put at least an Outpost up on the other side of the TP track for guarding your vills.
- Spare shipments not being used even though you had plenty of shipments left.
- Got a native settlement which was good but you didn't use it for a long time.
- Need to change your drop off point regularly, you lost a Factory by sending it into his longbows, a huge loss.
- You then didn't learn from your mistake and you did it again with your 2nd factory, luckily his didn't notice it this time.

Your strategy was very good and aging to Fortress only a few seconds after 8 minutes with 37 Settlers is a huge achievement. You kept yourself in the game well and it looked like you were going to take the win early on. You weren't aggressive enough during this stage even though you had a good army to go and tear down some of his buildings and army. You needed a more constant villager production to catch up with his once you got to Fortress, you built a second TC early but there should have been a third coming.

Beertender

+ Early TP.
+ Got a barracks and a stable so you could prepare to counter almost everything he threw at you.
+ Estates was very nice.
+ The faster training longbows won you the game.

- After you'd sent the longbows you had an unbalanced economy, needed to switch vills over to other resources and trade them at the market.
- Should have gotten a second TP at around 8 minutes.
- Needed a much more consistant villager production rate in fortress, especially since you had the resources.
- Bad place to set as your drop off point for your 2 falcs.
- Should have attacked his falcs that were taking down your TP earlier, you were lucky it survived.
- The moment you saw his culverins you should have retreated, you lost most of your army because you didn't.
- On your way up to Industrial you should have got the two TP's close to your base as well as the 2nd TC.
- Because of poor scouting, you completely missed a gold mine at the top of the map, should have built your 2nd TC there instead.
- Needed to repair your almost-dead TP.
- You lost most of your army of guard longbows because you chose to stay and attack his falcs and longbows.
- At around 20 minutes you were killing a lot of deer and not gathering from them yet killinig another deer right next to it.
- Floating resources and an unbalanced economy during late game.
- You lost 2 settlers very unnecassarily when his pikeman raids came, you sent your longbows away from them too early.
- 2000 food and 3000 wood, you needed to get mroe than 2 barracks' up to start really pumping longbows and other units.
- You got another 2 up later on (still too late though) and you probably could have done with 1 or 2 more since you still had far too much idling resources.
- Hussars late game to go with your longbows and rockets could have won you the game, you could have destroyed his culvs and the rest of his army with that combo.
- You had the perfect opportunity to kill his 2nd Factory wagon as well, you missed it.
- Waste of time taking down his barracks with your Rocket, he could rebuild barracks' as he pleased, he already had at least 4.

Good decisions during this game, you hung around in Colonial for longer than Monte and this gave you a chance to start putting pressure on him, getting a big economy advantage, and taking control of the map. This single decision was one of the most decisive ones that won you the game I feel. You also got to Industrial much earlier than him which helped a lot. Well played for most of this game.

Summary
A great British mirror with almost non-stop action, a reccomended watch to all. Also note that both players aggreed to not use water at the start of this game, probably turned out to be a more entertaining game without them in the end!

Attached File(s)
Attached File Beertender_vs_Monte_brit_vs_brit.age3rec
Size: 489.45k
Number of downloads: 225
Player Name Side Team
Monte 1
Beertender 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 21fantabulousman Jul 10 2006, 00:59 AM
Nice game. So many longbows!

+
# 3.Necron Jul 10 2006, 01:07 AM
Yeomen is awesome. drol.gif

And does anyone know if Monte has an account here at GR so he can get his ROTW medal?

+
# 41fantabulousman Jul 10 2006, 01:10 AM
Yes, his account is "1fantabulousman", he is an awesome person and just as good a poster!

-I am bored for anybody wondering-

n00bron

+
# 5War Eagle Jul 10 2006, 02:24 AM
Grats all!

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

+
# 6.Necron Jul 10 2006, 03:06 AM
QUOTE(1fantabulousman @ Jul 10 2006, 01:10 PM) *

Yes, his account is "1fantabulousman", he is an awesome person and just as good a poster!

-I am bored for anybody wondering-

n00bron

I was thinking you needed a level 2 rotw medal. =D

Stop calling me noobron btw. =( tongue.gif

+
# 7StR_Monte Jul 10 2006, 10:14 AM
gg Beertender. smile.gif
Good review, a lot of those things are common mistakes I make.. tongue.gif

I just don't know what I was thinking FFing in a Brit war - should have stayed in colonial and tried to take map control. I survived longer than I thought I would tho and trying to comeback is always fun. tongue.gif

+
# 8.Necron Jul 10 2006, 10:46 AM
The FF you did was very good, I'm sure you must own with that strat against other civs surely. biggrin.gif

+
# 9StR_Monte Jul 11 2006, 05:48 AM
vs Germans and Spain it is still tough but I have won a few vs Germans, yes.. And well, I can't test it vs most civs because almost everyone plays Germans, and anyone that plays another civ changed to Spain when they see I play Brit.

+
# 10KIWI_Beertender Jul 12 2006, 19:33 PM
Wow, thx for making the replay of the week guys... ^^ wub.gif

Didn't expect that to happen smile.gif

Game: Rise of Legends

+
# 11.Necron Jul 12 2006, 21:35 PM
It was a good replay and deserved it. smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)