Congratulations and enjoy your medals.
How to watch replays.
Original Thread.
Official review by Snakefire82.

timstaples vs. 1fantabulousman

Map: Yucatan

Game Time: 38:48

1fantabulousman (Spanish)
+ You got an early trading post for extra xp.
+ Because of the trading post you were able to get the xp for the 2 falc card and a fast merc shipment as soon as you hit fort.
+ When you town was under attack, you managed to get your settlers to safety and continue gathering resources.
+ You microed your stradiots well, using them to attack timstaples cannons and for raiding his unprotected settlers.
+ Able to recover from his attacks and produce a diversified army to take out his forward base and eventually his home base.
+/- You lost your explorer early but it was a great idea to make two war dogs to take his explorer out as well.
- You had a slow start. Your first settler wasn't producd until 28 seconds.
- You had 1 of your settlers gathering a wood crate while food crates were still there in the beginning.
- After gathering up your 700 coin shipment your settlers were idle for a little bit which resulted in your fortress time slowing down a bit since you didn't get to 1000 coin yet.
- Your 2 cannon shipment came out in the middle of a battle with his highlanders and pikes and got destroyed quickly. If you had sent it behind your base it would have joined up with 2 more falcs that were on their way plus some more troops. This would have helped take out tim's army and save your town center.

Great job not letting tim's early attacks not take you out of the game. The fact that you were able to save so many of your settlers
allowed you to relocate and build a tower for shipments. Your falcs saved you on more than one occasion, however if tim had started to produce culverin's the ending of this game could have come out much differently. Overall great job with the early mercs and never giving up.

Player Rating: 7.5

timstaples (Spanish)
+ You chopped wood early for an early trading post which fueled your beginning army.
+ Your forward base covered coin, trees and food in the southern half of the map.
+ You were able to get a large army up fast in fortress through shipments and a forward rax.
+ Good micro with pikes and lancers to surround fantabulous's highlanders, pikes, and falcs and take them out.
+/- You were able to kill his early explorer but yours died as well to his war dogs.
+/- You went for houses first before taking out the town center, but you didn't kill many settlers.
- You didn't upgrade your rods or pikes even though you were producing a lot of them. These upgrades could have hlped take down his base faster and helped dealing with his falcs.
- Your explorer was idle a lot. If you had kept exploring you could have discovered fantabulous's new base in the north and attacked it before he was able build defences.
- You had no culverins. This I feel is what lost you the game. You kept running your infantry at his falcs and eventually they all got killed. A couple culverins would have taken out his artillery very fast and allowed your infantry easy access to his base.
- If you had retreated your army of highlanders, skirms, and rods when you saw falcs, they probably wouldn't have died that early and you could have started to build up a new army of counters to take his out.
- Your second town center placement was very aggresive but I feel it was a little too close to the battle grounds. Another spot to consider would have been where your forward base was since you had settlers gathering food over there that weren't protected at all. These unprotected settlers evebtually died to stradiot raids.
- When fantabulous was attacking your base, you had 22 settlers garrisoned. Letting a few out to gather food since you had 0 at that point would have helped keep up military production and let you build more troops.
- Your fort was idle for a few minutes and didn't move until his army was at your base and then it got destroyed. It would have offered good protection from his army if you built it in your base instead of letting it sit there.

You played very well throughout the game. Your early army of mercs, pikes, lancers, and rods hit fantabulous hard and you didn't let up the pressure until your entire army was destroyed at his second base. I really thought you had this won, but your lack of anti-artillery in your army left you vulnerable to his falcs. Without any culverins, your infantry army was destroyed. Fantabulous then gathered his own army and took out both forward bases and eventually your home base as well.

Player Rating: 7

This game featured a lot of action all over the map. There was action in discovery with both explorer's and war dogs and continued all the way until the end. Tim's early army was able to take out fantabulous's home base, but his settlers were able to escape and rebuild to the north. Once his falcs started to come out, tim's infantry army was taken apart and eventually so was his bases. Neither side went to the sea to fish and in both cases it could have helped tremedously with attacking and defending during different points in the game. Overall though great job by both players.

Game Rating: 7

This post has been edited by .Necron: Jul 30 2006, 20:07 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File fanta_spain_VS_timstapels_spain_yucatan.age3rec
Size: 424.27k
Number of downloads: 177
Player Name Side Team
timstapels 1
1fantabulousman 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 2firgli Jul 30 2006, 21:30 PM
Congrats guys smile.gif.

Medaled.

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 31fantabulousman Jul 30 2006, 21:37 PM
^_O

gogo timmy

+
# 4Tharkun Jul 30 2006, 22:28 PM
gratz biggrin.gif

Game: Universe at War

+
# 5JunkFood Knight Jul 31 2006, 03:17 AM
congradulations guys

p.s. I know necron voted for himelf wink.gif

This post has been edited by JunkFoodKnight: Jul 31 2006, 03:17 AM

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6.Necron Jul 31 2006, 03:37 AM
Whats so bad about that? Do you think I'd be so biased to vote for myself even when theres a far superior game because I wouldn't do that.

And thanks Fanta. tongue.gif

+
# 7JunkFood Knight Jul 31 2006, 06:37 AM
QUOTE(.Necron @ Jul 30 2006, 10:37 PM) *

Whats so bad about that? Do you think I'd be so biased to vote for myself even when theres a far superior game because I wouldn't do that.

never cool2.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 8.Necron Jul 31 2006, 08:53 AM
Ok. tongue.gif

+
# 9Tharkun Aug 4 2006, 00:30 AM
I know necron wouldn't vote for himself if he didn't think that his replay was the best wink.gif

Game: Universe at War

+
# 10Toomanybeers Aug 6 2006, 18:31 PM
grats(:

+
# 11Tr1k Aug 10 2006, 21:04 PM
i have a question... with fantabulous and tim both going for FF, do you think one of them could have tried to rush the other one? I kept thinking "why is it whenever i try to FF i get raped", am i missing something? drol.gif

+
# 12.Necron Aug 11 2006, 03:43 AM
We both had pretty good decks to deal with a rush from either one of us if someone tried to rush and this was 1.07 when a Spanish player could FF quite well. =]

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)