Congratulations and enjoy your medals.
How to watch replays.
Original Thread.
Official review by Snakefire82.

iGiuL vs. MDauzacker

IPB Image

Game Time: 24:57

iGuiL IPB Image

+ You got an early settler treasure and used him to herd bison towards your town center from the center of the map.
+ Good job getting two more war dogs to help treasure hunt and protect the trading posts.
+ Got mayan and aztec native trading posts early on.
+ While your main army of natives was occupying your enemy you used your rods to explore the map and find some of his unprotected hunters.
+ Once you hit fort, you got skirms, lancers, and falcs out fast.
- On your first attempt to siege the enemy base, I feel you didn't retreat fast enough. I feel retreating after the minute men were called would have been a good idea. This way you could have waited till their hp was down more and not lost as many troops to town center fire and their attack. By staying and attacking them, you gave zacker time to get his eagles and jags to there and take out a decent amount of your troops.
- While you did use your rods for scouting and defending a large herd of buffalo, I feel they could have been used much more effectively scouting the rest of the map looking for unprotected settlers. Even by just harrassing settlers, you take your opponents attention away from his main army and his strategy since you are forcing him to garrison his settlers. Anything to make your opponent concentrate on multiple things at once is a good thing.
- Getting a rax and x-bows out sooner, instead of going for the xp trading post I feel would have been a good idea. It would only have been 50 wood more expensive since rax's cost 200 wood with 1.08. You were facing a lot of hand infantry natives and x-bows backed up by jags, eaglers, and mayas would have been a good combination. It wouldn't have been hard to do either since x-bows only cost food and wood like natives.
- Try to micro your lancers better. Yes they have a bonus against infantry, but they were attacking jags, who have an attack bonus against cavalry before eagles.
- While it didn't affect the game in this instance, you didn't take out his last native trading post. If he was able to repel your final assault this would have been a good unit producing structure near your settlers.

Over all you played very well using mostly natives in your army while sending for other military units from your home city. Since natives don't take up population spots, this allowed you to continually produce settlers at home without fear of your army housing you. You microed your army very well at times and were able to get to fortress first which was more or less end of the game for your opponent. Once in fortress, stronger units were able to take out his army and his base.

Player Rating: 7.3

MDauzackerIPB Image

+ You were able to get an aztec trading post up early.
+ You amassed a large early army of jags, eagles, and pikes from your treaties shipment and home city cards. This allowed you to take out iGiuL's mayan and aztec trading posts.
+ Later on in the game, you were able to get your army together fast after taking a heavy blow from his town defenses in order to defend your own aztex trading post and take out on of his experience trading posts.
+ You were able to get 3 trading posts for extra experience. This really helped with sending home city shipments.
- You lost your explorer early on to war dogs. Getting some war dogs of your own would have helped defend your explorer.
- I feel you depended a little too much on natives not taking up any of your population spots. This led to you getting housed early on since you only had one house up for a while in the beginning of the game.
- Once you started hitting the native population caps, getting a rax up to make x-bows would have been a good idea or a stable to make hussars would have been a good idea as well. You had all three trading posts and your opponent did not have much military to fight off cavalry or ranged infantry. For x-bows your could have shipped in 700 wood to help with the rax construction and x-bow production. For the hussar route, shipping in 700 coin would have helped you get started.
- At one point you got trapped in iGiuL's town and lost almost all of your army to eagles, pikes, and minute men. A better idea would have been to attack from the western flank since it was undefended, easily escapable and there were a lot of vulnerable settlers there.
- You only had a few units attacking his lancers at a time. Lancers destroy infantry, even anti-cavalry infantry. At that point you should have sent all your units to attack them or retreat and build up your army to be able to take his on. This way you would not lost as many troops and had taken out his lancers in the process.
- Instead of sending for your town center wagon, I feel a better card choice would have been either the fort or the two falcs card. The fort would have offered a defensive measure against the rapidly approaching army while the two falc card would have added more power to your military to combat iGiuL's infantry, cavalry, and artillery based army.

A well played game, but I feel a lack of micro with your army led to your defeat. There were several times when just attacking from a different direction would have yielded results in your favor instead of against you. Once your opponent got to fortress, you went as well but he was able to get his more powerful units out faster and thus was able to take out your army and base before you were able to defend it.

Player Rating: 6.6

This was an entertaining game to watch with a lot of native use by both players and constant battling throughout the game. Good job to both players.

Game Rating: 7.0

This post has been edited by .Necron: Aug 21 2006, 20:20 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File iGiuL_vs_MDauzacker_SvS_sonora.age3rec
Size: 356.26k
Number of downloads: 222
Player Name Side Team
iGiuL 1
MDauzacker 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 2snakefire82 Aug 21 2006, 12:25 PM
congrats to both players...btw necron I didn't know you did an official review of this game too tongue.gif.
we must have the same train of thought cause this looks so much like what I wrote a few days ago whistling.gif

+
# 3.Necron Aug 21 2006, 20:20 PM
Woops. whistling.gif

+
# 4firgli Aug 21 2006, 22:40 PM
nice w00t.gif

medaled pirate.gif

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 5snakefire82 Aug 21 2006, 23:17 PM
nice w00t.gif
I reviewed it! cool2.gif

+
# 6Tharkun Sep 29 2006, 13:55 PM
Gratz on your lvl 5 ROTW medal. we need a higher rotw medal tbh smile.gif .

Game: Universe at War

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)