# 1Natey Aug 21 2006, 12:40 PM
Review by EverBorn
Link to Original Topic

Phaleos vs Ollie
Cuotl vs Alin
Map: Miana Reservoir
Total Game Time: 39:45

IPB Image

Overview: Another close match between Ollie and Phaleos, featuring superb play from either side.

Phaleos

Initial Strategy: Sun Jaguar rush, backed up with Czin
First City: 2:15 First Hero: 4:49 (Czin) Total Cities: 5
BO: Military>Reactor>Reactor>Reactor>Palace
Research Order: Judgement I & II>Divine Power I & II>Zeal I>Worship I

Pros:

+ Fast subjugation
+ Realized he was elsewhere, and snagged the important middle city
+ Good job getting the two cities with the death snake
+ Proper unit mix of death snakes and quetzals countered his scorpian/fire elemental army
+ Great use of Czin's death gate numchuks.gif

Cons:

- Lost the middle city sad.gif
- Did not justify the Great City upgrade so fast, a few more troops at that time might have won you the game there
- Slow to expand to your southern mine
- Left most of Ollie's infrastructure unbothered, see tips

Player Tips:

-A couple sun idols earlier would have went a long way to helping you recover
-When you had the momentum a couple times during the game, you fell back to your capital. Send your storm disks and quetzals forward, and see if you can destroy some of his circles.
-Need to make sure you harass his miners, especially the ones in the vulnerable south.

Player Summary: Phaleos had a good early start, but Ollie had just enough of a military advantage to steal the middle city away from him. From here he played defensive for most of the game, waiting for Ollie to make a mistake. This did not come, and Ollie's superior economy mid-game, as well as a fully upgraded Alin force proved too much.

Player Score: 7/10

Ollie

Initial Strategy: Went for a quick upgraded Sawu, followed closely by Large City
First City: 4:25 First Hero: 3:08 (Sawu) Total Cities: 4
BO: Military>Magus>Merchant>Merchant>Palace
Research Order: Treasure I>Evocation I>Vigor I

Pros:

+ Excellent job retaking the middle city
+ Good use of Sawu throughout the game, just be a little more careful
+ Got the lower city fast, granting you access to alot of timonium
+ Upgraded much of his army fast bowdown.gif
+ Superior micro skills

Cons:

- Lost Sawu too many times
- Elder Salamanders pretty slow in entering the fray

Player Tips:

-Hmmm, not many, you play Alin very well. Make sure that you send Sawu in with his daggers after the battle has begun, else he will get focus-fired.
-Elder Salamanders are extremely powerful for their cost. Make sure you get those early, they are game winners. Micro them to attack the farthest away unit, that all the units in front of it receive splash damage.

Player Summary: Ollie took his first expansion, and from there immediately moved to steal Phaleos' city. It was close, but timely reinforcements allowed him to take it. He then slowly advanced on his opponents capital, making sure to get the proper upgrades to supplement his forces. Made very few mistakes, and late-game, proved once again the might of the Alin.

Player score 8/10

Overall: An entertaining game, very educational, especially for the Alin player. Fighting was contained in the middle for most of the game, with no early to mid-game raiding, nonetheless, I give it a 7, almost an 8.

Game rating: 7/10

Promoted to Elite!!
ROTW Contender

Attached File(s)
Attached File OlliE_alin_vsPhaleos_Cuotl_.rec
Size: 605.8k
Number of downloads: 327
Player Name Side Team
Phaleos 1
OlliE 2

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: None

+
# 2-Lethality- Aug 21 2006, 14:30 PM
Congrats Phaleos and Ollie...again. tongue.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3OlliE Aug 21 2006, 16:57 PM
lots of thanks.. again biggrin.gif!

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 4Phaleos Aug 21 2006, 17:13 PM
Thanks! Lets try to get a few more RoTW's Ollie sleep.gif , we are on a role!

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 5Rancord Aug 22 2006, 04:14 AM
The game is certanly well played by both sides, but it wasnt to exciting. During the whole game except very early, I never had doubt that the guy who turned out to be the winner will win. There always were some drawbaks of course, but it was jsut a bit to one sided. The looser struggled kinda for the whole game. This is definatly elite, but I think the rotw should be more about something innoative or some very exciting game, rather than just games with very few mistakes. But maybee thats just me, cause Im kinda used to wc3 replayers.com where rotw was really something special, although not always the best players (of course not the worst either)

Game: Rise of Legends

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)