Dephu vs. Lifeflurb

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1EPIC Perfection Sep 4 2006, 14:53 PM
Original review by Kiriyama
Link to original topic

Review:

Dephu (Alin) Vs LifeFlurb (Imba)

Map = Valley of the Lost Souls

Game Overview: Alin player tries an early aggression tactic with forward circle but is spotted and is pushed back. He then fights against the vinci without a hero for quite awhile until securing his economy. A massive amount of multifronting comes into play along with several forward steam fortresses. Juggs, spiders and piratas all feature in the Vinci players arsenal, whereas Alin favours glass golems, scorps and air.

Dephu (Alin)

Early Game:

Nice try with the forward circle, maybe need to be a little quicker sending the infantry into his miners.

Lost your scout sad.gif

It was very risky trying to take his city when he had the upper hand in terms of military, it backfired massively, scouting where his army was before doing this would have been wise.

Once you realised you had lost the fight I would have pulled back, no hero vs hero is never pleasant, it could have been better to get sawu sooner and sacrified a scorp or whatever if you see what I mean.

You recovered your economy well, it was matching surpassing Flurbs pretty quickly after the failed early attack.

Mid-Game:

Good citadel placement, it split the map nicely and gave you good territory access/control.

Attacking the steam fortress without siege is usually suicide, based on the fact that it will standardly kill an entire army on its own whilst reading the paper and still have enough health left at the end to make a full-grown man cry. Having said this, it worked out for you, I assume you had been praying a lot recently and were helped out by a deity at this point in the game.

I liked your raiding throughout the game, starting with the desert walkers on his CWminers, nice work.

You dominated most fights throughout the game starting in the middle section of the game, nice micro.

You could have done with more siege for most of the game, cities and steam fortresses really dont like to go down without it.

When he started to build juggs, or in preparation for it, you could have done with some fire elementals much quicker than you got them, however you held map control well without them for quite awhile so nice work there.

End Game:

Good use of the magic whirlwind, eliminating glass golems slow movement speed was a great idea, was a shame juggs were nearby or that could have been really effective.

Your rukh use throughout the game was nothing short of tasty and caused him all sorts of problems, I would definitely consider using this in the future as often as possible.

Your main problem throughout the game was just leaving the odd unit stood still in random and pointless places on the map, sand dragons, elementals and glass golems are not the sort of units you want to be wasting, admittedly there was a lot going on but getting all of your units into the fight should be a priority imo.

Your switch to mainly air in one half of your army and golems in the other half was nice and worked out well, could have done with some more heartseekers though to deal with his piratas, again you should maybe have predicted they were coming before they actually arrived.

Your other main downsides, were that you researched pretty much nothing, for alin that is almost suicide as far as im aware, some of those upgrades are priceless and you could definitely afford them, this was a massive mistake and you should try to get them in future games. Also your sawu usage wasnt as good as it could have been, he is powerful - make full use of him ^^

You beat a Vinci, an achievement in itself, bravo.

Player Score: 7 Your play was fantastic and your multifronting was impressive, despite the problems mentioned above its still worth a 7.

LifeFlurb (Vinci)

Early Game:

Quick and effective reaction to forward circle, although once you had spotted it I would have put more effort into quickly destroying it than you did, they are stupidly weak after all.

Your early game micro was superb and you dominated the early fights.

You could do with boosting your economy more once you had gained the upper hand.

I liked your steam fortress placement but you could have done more with it once it was up imo.

Good scouting.

Where was your borehole/telescope?

Mid-Game:

You allowed you large mine to be raided, maybe a defence turret would have been a wise investment as a mine of that size is an obvious target for raiding.

You didnt really react to all the multifronting going on very quickly and as a result were always a little bit behind your opponent.

For quite awhile you had scouted the right hand mine but didnt kill the miners, then you finally sent a spider and only killed 1 miner. you could have used this scouting a bit better.

Nice use of fallen priest, unusual and good to see.

You needed piratas much sooner than you built them, Alin ALWAYS build air and piratas are excellent at raiding and generally overpowered anyway so build some quickly biggrin.gif

Timonium smelter could have helped you alot, would have allowed you to circle raid more, and provide a boost to your armies.

End Game:

Always max out on caravans, your wealth econ was poor. Also, you built a telescope but didnt use it until the end-game? Very odd.

You let your steam fortress die to the glass cannon when your juggs could have saved it, Steam fortresses are far too important to let them fall like that.

When you took his neutral building near his capitol I would have loved to see a barracks go down and some CWM raiding circles etc, you sort of let it go to waste really, however the pressure was on so I understand that its easier to say than do.

You reacted to his raids well, your economy didnt suffer much until the game was pretty much over anyway.

Your pirata micro was very nice, and you used them to kill circles, I would have done this sooner but nice work nonetheless.

You could have used a few more districts on most of your cities just generally, the extra wealth/prototypes could have swung it for you.

Player Score: 7 As with Dephu, impressive play, and whilst your multifronting wasnt quite as good, your micro was impressive and your aggressive play was a pleasure to watch, use your research buildings though, they are priceless.

Game Summary: An extremely enjoyable match, with constant fighting, a high level of play, a vast amount of multifronting and raiding. Elite and ROTW contender and well worth a watch regardless which team you play.

Game Score: 7 The amount of action in this replay meant that some mistakes were inevitable, but it is a pleasure to watch with a continually high level of play.

Kiri.

This post has been edited by EPIC|Perfection: Sep 4 2006, 14:59 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File Dephu_alin__vs._LifeFlurb_vinci____Valley_of_Lost_souls.rec
Size: 563.84k
Number of downloads: 279
Player Name Side Team
LifeFlurb 6
Dephu 6

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2SteveZissou Sep 5 2006, 07:10 AM
gg and grats flurb biggrin.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3Wave Sep 9 2006, 15:49 PM
kiri's hate vs vinci is maybe shown a bit too clearly ><

Game: Rise of Legends

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)