Explore GameReplays...

Boss Generals

ROTW Holy SHit Great Game

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1NiKe Jun 4 2005, 13:26 PM
hey guys, i just played this game and it was awesome

its china vs gla (stealth v blitz) on tournament green. this game was just awesome. so many good battles, lots of units used, and back and forth map control. he did a wicked good job of keeping me off the flanks which hurt me a lot. i cant really say to much more than it was just awesome. not TOP play cause were all still rather new to the mod, but the play was pretty damn good imo.

Enjoy

Attached File(s)
Attached File NiKe_vs_SOTA_gg.zip
Size: 69.88k
Size (unzipped): 210.47k
Number of downloads: 326
Player Name Side Team
[NH]_SOTA_ 1
-Ride-NiKe 2

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2GoLD_DaRe Jun 4 2005, 13:36 PM
yeah, it was a great game smile.gif

Clan: Order Of The Elites

Game: League of Legends

+
# 3Endiku- Jun 4 2005, 14:04 PM
Great game !!! I was with u during all the game SOTA , you played like a pro ^^ 8,5/10 and ROTW GG guys wink.gif

+
# 4firgli Jun 4 2005, 14:08 PM
pretty good stealth game, maybe scud launchers would've worked, but buggies were a good idea vs his outpost spam. good job getting a dozer -> power tunnel spam on flanks, cant believe you didnt win after 5 mins. getting a better economy was really needed, why didnt you take some supplies on the flanks? good jarmen use to empty his last dozer, but you should've suicided some units to kill that dozer because he didnt have a chance without it. you did pretty good, especially early game, later on your micro became worse, lost pretty much buggies and your bus micro was really bad.

sota had an awful start, kept his cc and spammed outpost from the start of the game untill the end, i believe he made 1 inferno and that was the mixing tongue.gif. he used them pretty good, although outposts are pretty useless untill they have nuke th upgrade. you floated some money but didnt get radar upgrade, would've made you see at least some tunnels he made in your base tongue.gif. you really need to train on your helix micro, you lost A LOT helixes, which is absolutely not needed. getting nuke genplan later on would've powered your bm drops a lot + you could of made nuke overlords then, a lot better vs buggies ( btw maybe use ecm? ). lotus did pretty good too, maybe migs vs busses and buggies, once you teched up you owned his base becuase lotus gave you money from the oils and was really annoying in his base.

pretty nice tunnel spam vs outpost spam game, dunno if it has any chance to become ROTW, we'll see tongue.gif. 7/10 just because of the nice battles and because it lasted pretty long, NOT because of micro, macro or mixing.

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 5NiKe Jun 4 2005, 14:11 PM
lol u try microing bb's with the bb bug, and lets c how good u r

+
# 6GoLD_DaRe Jun 4 2005, 14:12 PM
overlords vs hijacker
lol.. wink.gif
(u'd prolly say make outpost for detecting, but for gla its easy to kill outpost and get the overlord wink.gif )

This post has been edited by GoLD_DaRe: Jun 4 2005, 14:13 PM

+
# 7firgli Jun 4 2005, 14:15 PM
nike i just review it, my bb micro isnt very great either, just pointing out points where you can work on tongue.gif. yea audi, ecm+ol with some outposts for stealth detection (or lotus, she's also great at stealth detection). back up with 2 migs to kill hijackers and own his base w00t.gif.

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 8^General Jun 4 2005, 14:23 PM
Ill just pick out a few things cos every1 has done a review, sota did awesome to survive the early game and the inferno helped a lot. His nuke tank hunter plan worked great throughout the game, loved that. Helix micro was horrible tongue.gif Also floated loads near the end and maybe migs, in particular nuke migs would have been a good addition. Stealth play was great early on, gettin a dozer and harrassing very well, could have ended it if u had just killed that last dozer probly sad.gif I think u also needed to take more supplies and oils whilst u were on top of the game. GG guys, i liked it.

+
# 9GoLD_DaRe Jun 4 2005, 14:37 PM
move it to ROTW tongue.gif

+
# 10Yumi Jun 4 2005, 15:05 PM
QUOTE(^General @ Jun 4 2005, 03:23 PM)
I think u also needed to take more supplies and oils whilst u were on top of the game.

Yeah I agree with this, not sure of how GLA vs China works but you had a big advantage early on and getting a third supply on the right before teching coulda helped a lot.

When I was watching this I thought Nike had it won early on, Sota played very well to pull it back smile.gif I think you needed more than just buggies later on, vs outpost spam they work great but if he added in some ECMs buggies wouldn't be quite as effective. Also China shoulda gone migs earlier, they're probably the best anti-buggy unit any faction has in this game. To counteract his helixes easier try getting turbo AP bullets; they turn Quads into outstanding anti-air late game for $1200.

Nice game though, very good play early on from Nike and shows how infernos are important when it comes to dealing with flank tunnels. Not sure about top (massive cash floating at the end) but surely a contender for rotw. I'd give this 7/10.

Clan: H2

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 11Scuddy Jun 4 2005, 15:14 PM
Nike, there were 2 reasons why you lost this game:

Not getting the oil
and attacking the CC with these 2 battlebusses-> if you went for the supply center and WF you would have won it.

Apart from that very good flanking. Try to get a terror tech up next time. They do wonders and can destroy just that building.

+
# 12spalding Jun 4 2005, 16:26 PM
Besides the bad helix micro and nike not taking oils/ expanding while attacking it was a pretty cool game. nice outpost+nukeths by audi and great flanking by nike.

+
# 13MaDDoX Jun 4 2005, 17:36 PM
QUOTE(NiKe @ Jun 4 2005, 12:11 PM)
lol u try microing bb's with the bb bug, and lets c how good u r

Nike is correct evr1 it won't target anything.. btw, I finally found that darned bug (stupid one and hard to find, as usual..) and it got fixed right on time for the R2 patch packing happy.gif

That might sound bad news for the China players, but at the same time, China will get a little breath room with ECMs vs stingers to compensate - they don't ignore ECM as in R1, but get tougher with MAPATs, just like the RPG trooper.

Will watch this later, for sure smile.gif

Clan: EPIC

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 14ginekolog Jun 4 2005, 18:37 PM
rotw material tbh. could not tell who will win...
i just dont get why gla surrenderd with 8k in pocket + palace + cc ??? he also has buggyes etc..

Game: Total Annihilation Spring

+
# 15NiKe Jun 4 2005, 19:23 PM
i thought he had a lot more, i mean oils, flank supplies, i coulda gone on i suppose, but it woulda been over anyway

+
# 16dustman Jun 4 2005, 23:22 PM
i liked watching but i felt nike coudl ahve won it early on when he had quads + many rpgs + jarmen attacking where inferno helped defending. If he had put rpgs + jarmen into that empty bb he had in base and attacked with that and the quads i think he had won there. Pretty solid game. Big mistake from niek not expanding to oil/supply while he had audi under pressure... also helix micro wasnt something speciel ^^ but i guess its kinda hard it was ok at times.
Buggy micro was also pretty sloppy. Liked the part wehre audi caught the buggies on the flank cuz he came from botttom and top. that was dro. anyway i liked wathcing the replay a lot but as i previously said i felt it could have been over much quicker

+
# 17NiKe Jun 5 2005, 00:01 AM
the bus neer my base had mines around it

and i ran into a none moving listening outpost, so it kinda ambushed my buggies :-/

+
# 18MaDDoX Jun 6 2005, 16:42 PM
Fantastic game nonetheless, might gain a VoD of its own happy.gif

I'm a bit indecisive about it and Mace's one though, pressure level, persistance and tide turn amounts in both are almost as impressive.. unsure.gif

Loved Sota's action, finally some China properly took advantage of Boss early infernos (a single one Pi, look at that and tell me again that it sucks tongue.gif) and genplan-mixed to get those uber armorsuits-nuke-AOs ohmy.gif High quality stuff, for sure thumb.gif

Nike, couldn't you try investing your points a bit less vertically? I mean, Boss GLA is the best faction to play points horizontally, mixing genplans instead of going immediately for the 3-star points, that are more complimentary points.. I've seen you in many reps (Aggro sent me 3 vs you yest), and your game is a bit too vertical for GLA wink.gif

No criticism here, I'm just giving ya some suggestions since you're one of the best Boss GLAs around, and there's this (IMHO flawed) current assumption that Boss GLA is too weak.. huh.gif

Clan: EPIC

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 19NiKe Jun 6 2005, 19:22 PM
thanks for the review and the critisism thumb.gif

back to the lab again to work out my bo smile.gif

+
# 20warriorprincess Jun 9 2005, 09:32 AM
Great game in the beginning, but after you didn't kill his last dozer (killing the CC was actually good I thought, but that one dozer kinda defeated the purpose) After a while it got a bit more boring, as nike couldn't put a real dent in sotas base/ army.

wp (esp. early/ mid game)!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)