Explore GameReplays...

Act of War: Direct Action

[R] Optical_vs_Dark_Mace

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1OptiCal Jun 5 2005, 15:58 PM
hey me n mace had a good game yesterday and i thought well i may aswel post it for you all to see.. hope you like it biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File New_Compressed__zipped__Folder.zip
Size: 1.06mb
Size (unzipped): 1.63mb
Number of downloads: 192
Player Name Side Team
[EPIC]OptiCaL 1
Original_Dark_Mace 2

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 2KingsRevenge Jun 5 2005, 16:43 PM
I was wondering who Dark was playing yesterday when I saw him online.

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 3OptiCal Jun 5 2005, 22:55 PM
so wot you think of the game then m8?

+
# 4KingsRevenge Jun 6 2005, 00:07 AM
This was a cool battle, I was suprised to see DM playing TFT, I thought this was a gonna be a US vs US battle when I loaded the replay up a fwe hours after I already downloaded it. One thing I was disappointed by was the lack of an early offensive rush or attack at the beggining of the game. WIth US I don't think its absoloutely necessary to rush but it helps alot, but with TFT and my limited experience with them I find it best to rush if I could ever learn how. DM went for a decent go out and grab expansions while optical tried to stay home and secure the homeland defenses a little bit. One thing I'd note about Opticals build is that its very similar to a BO that I've been working on in the past few days. One thing I found out after getting losses with it against CST is you have to get some kind of early game rush out or you'll be hurting in the long run. As the game went on I was shocked to see DM take territory while Optical was left to his own confinements of his main base. I thoughtto myself "DM gets the power of resources while Optical just has the one derrick at home, he's gonna be out monied." However, when I looked at opticals base he had a hospital which was somehow practically full towards the beggining of the game. How he did it I do not know, maybe it was the effective of the upgrade that allows you to be able to retrieve more POWs. Anyways as the game went on DM sent some SHIELD flanks down the side which was a refreshing thing to see in a TFT vs USA game. The SHIELDS actually did their job pretty well and put a good hurt on Opticals base. These attacks went back and forth until Optical Launched a nuke on DM's main base and this eventually spelled fate for DM, because he had already emptied out 2 of the 6 available derricks on the map. Overall the micro was fine and the macro was cool as well. Another aspectthat helped was the stalth comanches that DM use to help force optical to defend the air. Anyways this was a cool game and is definately worth a watch.

+
# 5Dark_Mace Jun 6 2005, 01:31 AM
yea good game. If i loose anymore games to optical where i get nuked, im going to cry.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 6OptiCal Jun 6 2005, 03:35 AM
Ok first thing, i did use your tactic KR cus i thought it will work means he would be mostly useing vehicles and i got hospital and upgrade witch i must say helps alot. You see if i defend vs his tanks i take the PoW's that come out!! So you see this shows you how inportant this upgrade is!!

Sorry bout nuke's Mace you know me biggrin.gif.... I love a good nuke, it shows you mean to ert your enemy loads and i love the graphics to biggrin.gif Anyways it was a good game maby next time you get the chance to beat me!!! But you know i wont let you do it with ease hehe Opti...... thumb.gif

This post has been edited by OptiCal: Jun 6 2005, 03:38 AM

+
# 7KingsRevenge Jun 6 2005, 18:15 PM
Yea, I was thinking aobut that POW issue with the tanks, but for me I prefer to attack. The thing that has hurt me when I tried playing with it is I played some high ranked CST players on fist full of sand, the gusy were in the top 5 that I tried this on. I figure I just need to tweak mine a bit to get it to work better for me. The basic emphasis I'm trying to stick on my tactic is recycling. Although I do wanna learn TFT because I have a feeling USA may be overflodded by eveyroen switching from CST.

+
# 8subroutine Jun 7 2005, 09:32 AM
QUOTE(Dark_Mace @ Jun 6 2005, 02:31 AM)
yea good game. If i loose anymore games to optical where i get nuked, im going to cry.

Try not to fast expand and go wf,ref and attack from a route that avoids javelins. First with a buggy followed up with strykers. Using attack move helps to located javelins faster smile.gif . I always find that fast expand against any good player is the kiss of death. You both played defensive early game so this didn't really become apparent. Do you both play defensive early game or do you vary your start strats because I nearly always take the aggressive early game start. By being aggressive, it also helps to see what your opponent is doing as early as possible.

I thought you had won the game at the point where you had most of the map under you control MACE. I think that going spinners from the start and sticking to them would have got you the game. Taking both tech's is too expensive and not needed IMO.

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 9lizardmech Jun 8 2005, 16:20 PM
I reckon mace would have won if hed gone drone tech instead of shield. Shield tech leaves you without proper anti air, counter tactical weapons and a decent tank. The commanches are pretty good but once they know you have them its easy to counter them with dforce. That map is strange as well, all the other 1v1 maps are pretty much symetrical whereas back to the wall has different oil and building locations at the spawn point. If im playing TFT vs USA I find the south spawn point gives me a big advantage, the north spawn point builds their first oil next to a building. If I get the south spawn I build 1 stryker, 2 tft commandos and 2 heavy snipers then drive them in the stryker to the building next to norths refinery. Its so hard for a USA player to retake or destroy the building with lvl 1 units and they lose their tankers.

+
# 10OptiCal Jun 9 2005, 00:26 AM
Pow's won the game 4 me

+
# 11subroutine Jun 9 2005, 07:35 AM
QUOTE(OptiCal @ Jun 9 2005, 01:26 AM)
Pow's won the game 4 me

That strat. depends on POW's. There was one attack that MACE made on your base when I think he could have destroyed your hospital but took out your WF instaed. It would have changed the game outcome if you had lost your hospital.

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 12OptiCal Jun 9 2005, 10:33 AM
yes i know this, good job i had that dozer working a double shift repairing biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OptiCal: Jun 9 2005, 10:34 AM

+
# 13OptiCal Jun 14 2005, 13:58 PM
Why is this ROTW???

+
# 14Dark_Mace Jun 15 2005, 10:11 AM
No other contenders i think....I didnt put it up for rotw...as i usually do.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)