Rise of Legends

Phaleos vs. Yae

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1EPIC Perfection Nov 7 2006, 13:56 PM
Review by Samus can be found over here.

Phaleos (Alin) vs yae (Vinci)

Map: Vents
Game Time: 42:46

Game Overview: Early aggression from Phaleos seems to be going his way, but when yae fights him off and manages to take down Sawu, his own capital is left exposed. With yae all over him, circle after circle goes down right after Phaleos builds it. After Phaleos finally kills Zeke, he manages to build a defense force and beat back yae. The game stays pretty even, with yae making the occasional incursion and Phaleos fighting it off and building right back up. On the right side of the map, Phaleos manages to break through and begins to move towards yae's capital on his weak side. However, Phaleos's Fire Elementals are called back to the main front, and yae overpowers an army now consisting entirely of Heartseekers, reclaiming his city and mine. With a now rather impressive economy, Phaleos builds quite the army of Glass Golems while yae starts pumping out Piratas and upgraded infantry. By the time Phaleos manages to pop out a Glass Dragon, it's clear yae can no longer compete on either front, and he resigns.

Phaleos (Alin)

Build Order: Magus-->Merchant-->Merchant-->Military

Pros:

+ Great micro. This is what kept a bad situation from turning into a defeat in the early game.
+ Excellent recovery of your economy after attacks. Yae killed a lot of miners, but you had your income back up in no time.
+ Very good multifronting. You managed two fronts for the entire mid and late game without letting either go unattended.

Cons:

- Floating resources. I couldn't tell if you were intentionally turtling to save for the Glass Dragon or if you just wound up with enough spare resources you decided to go for it. I would normally assume the first, but it persisted even after the Glass Dragon was built.
- Slow on the Glass Upgrades. You only had one researched by the time your Glass Dragon appeared. Even aside from the Glass Dragon, you had an army dominated by Glass Golems so I thought you should have had this research done earlier regardless.

Player Summary: I didn't have a problem with your early aggression, even though this time it wound up costing you your hero and put you in a bad spot. Although after that it looked sort of like you were plopping down circles until Zeke got tired. There were two things I felt you should have done. First, you should have built a Circle of Fire over by your expansion city and brought Fire Elementals over, which also would have set you up for faster and easier multifronting on that side. Second, you should have stuck a Sand Spire next to your far left mine. You managed the situation, but I thought it could have been much easier for you.

Player Score: 8/10

yae (Vinci)

Build Order: Merchant-->Industrial-->Industrial-->Palace

Pros:

+ Good micro, especially early on when you took down Sawu and kept his capital under pressure.
+ Very fast Large City. This clocked in at 2 minutes 30 seconds.
+ Fantastic use of Zeke. This is exactly how Zeke should be used.

Cons:

- No Steam Fortress during initial assault. This would have been perfect around the 8 or 9 minute mark, giving you seige on his capital at around 10 minutes. Had you done this, Phaleos would have been hard pressed to stop it at that point. Instead, this didn't happen until around the 20 minute mark, when Phaleos was in a position to defend and recover.
- Many prototypes wasted. There was no raiding from the Gun Flyers, little usage out of the Seige Zepplin before your army retreated without it leaving it to die, and the Destroyer Transport managed very little damage before going down.

Player Summary: I liked the Timonium Smelter for this game, but you should not have relied on it for so much of your army. More Clockwork Spiders in the mid game would have finished Phaleos off. I also disliked your choice to upgrade infantry all the way up to Fusileers, I thought that timonium would have been better served to make more Juggernauts. I noticed that you put the Telescope rather far forward. It's view is a cone, it gets bigger with distance. You want to build this all the way in the back because, aside from safety, the further away it is the more it can see.

Player Score: 7/10

Game Summary

Educational Value: 6/10 Best use of Zeke I've seen, and generally fast advancement through prototypes while staying aggressive.

Entertainment Value: 7/10 Great action the whole way through, on two fronts for most of it.

Game Score: 7/10

Attached File(s)
Attached File Vents__yae_Phaleos.rec
Size: 613.16k
Number of downloads: 340
Player Name Side Team
yae 6
Phaleos 6

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2DakiMagro Nov 7 2006, 15:33 PM
gratz!, phaleos and yae!! smile.gif

Game: Universe at War

+
# 3Natey Nov 7 2006, 16:03 PM
Congratz and medaled biggrin.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: None

+
# 4Phaleos Nov 7 2006, 16:19 PM
Thanks biggrin.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 5DuRiN Nov 9 2006, 12:16 PM
congrats guys smile.gif

Game: Global Agenda

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)