Ice vs. Noobie

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1EPIC Perfection Nov 17 2006, 01:22 AM
Sorry this is a little late.

Review by AsTheRuinsFall.

Noobie(Alin) vs. Ice (Vinci)

Map: Valley of Lost Souls

Game Time: 43:55

Game Summary: A great vinci vs. alin match that goes down to the wire in the second 100k prelim. Noobie fields an impressive rush that puts Ice behind but he is eventually able to recover and a very even game ensues almost until the end.

Noobie

Starting B.O.: mag, merch, circle of sand, mili, merch, merch, palace

Starting Research: treasure 1/2, evo 1/2

Pros:

+impressive early use of heartseekers i think u killed 3 caravans with three of them
+hurt vipers econo pretty good early
+great aggression throughout the game
+extremely effect mix of fire elementals, heartseeks and a few sand dragons in the late game vs. Ice's ultra jugs and super pirata

Cons:

-neglected filling your second mine for some time (for no apparent reason)
-really slow to research treasure 3
-missed great opportunity to hurt vipers economy mid game when you had his expansion city by not sending units to the mideast mine which was the only place his miners had to go (did later but no long had advantage on the other side so u couldn't sustain an attack there and viper could simply move them to a different mine)
-slow to treasure 4

Player Summary: You played an excellent game her Noobie, actually probably the best replay of you i've seen so far. You really took the fight to viper and for the most part dictated where the fight would take place. Great play throughout, just tiny mistakes here and there that wouldn't have mattered vs. a lesser opponent, but they costed you vs. Ice. GG

Player Tips:

-don't forget to fill that second mine asap!
-please be faster to both treasure 3 and 4 in the future they are so cruitial and i think u may have won had u got them sooner ( your econo was strong without them but would have been massive with them)
-need to hit mines that are likely unprotected as soon as possible, even if just with a unit or two it still is effective

Player Score: 7.5

Ice

Starting B.O.: Merch, Mili, Merch, Merch

Starting Research: Properity 1, Mining 1, Politcs 1

Pros:

+great job recovering economically from the rush
+smelter and proto to push noobie off of your western expansion city
+forward bunker (so beautiful when someone has a forward bunker really fortifes the position even if noobie took it down)
+very nice multi front with steam cannons at the end to seal the win

Cons:

-should have bought a city early instead of the doge to defend yourself with neutrals and proto spider, then gotten doge
-pirata micro pretty below par for u, still good though and i attribute most of that to how excellently Noobie was prepared for pirata raids in most spots

Player Summary: Really excellent play for most of the game Ice, you just made some mistakes that Noobie really took advantage of to make this a great game, outside of the couple mistakes though your play was great tongue.gif . GG

Player Tips:

-i stated it already in the cons, neutrals + proto spider would have been better to beat noobie back especially since he didn't have sawu for some time
-u attacked mines that had good defense from glass citidel and mili at nearby city your best target would have been the mine by his cap that u eventually raided, but why the lack of circle raiding is my first question?

Player Score: 7.5

Game Score: 7

Elite (Silver) and ROTW contender.

Attached File(s)
Attached File Ice_vs_N00bie.rec
Size: 599.18k
Number of downloads: 287
Player Name Side Team
Ice 1
N00Biee 2

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2DakiMagro Nov 18 2006, 00:26 AM
Congratz Ice, N00Biee!! smile.gif

Game: Universe at War

+
# 3thepts Nov 18 2006, 12:46 PM
yep, it's a good rep no doubt, grats guys =)

This post has been edited by thepts: Nov 18 2006, 12:47 PM

Game: Rise of Legends

+
# 4sm1ttynz Nov 25 2006, 10:48 AM
seemed a bit boring, like ice was kinda crusing........he was never under any real pressire or anything so just boomed and dealt tonoobie and he felt fit,....kind a tame game from Ice reallly...... huh.gif

Game: Universe at War

+
# 5ce__er Dec 8 2006, 16:34 PM
ice played well again he is the best vinci player

+
# 6KhuFu_OwNs Dec 10 2006, 20:56 PM
good review of replay i think

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)