Explore GameReplays...

Rise of Legends

Ice (Vinci) vs AsTheRuinsFall (Alin) on Burial ...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1v1peR Jan 12 2007, 21:27 PM
gg

This post has been edited by AsTheRuinsFall: Jan 24 2007, 04:43 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File Ice_vs_AsTheRuinsFall.rec
Size: 1.2mb
Number of downloads: 938
Player Name Side Team
AsTheRuinsFall3 1
Ice 2

+
# 2AsTheRuinsFall Jan 12 2007, 23:20 PM
best game i've ever been involved in.

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 3the_Magican11 Jan 12 2007, 23:45 PM
is this your best game or the legendry one with dolcear is the best one smile.gif anyway very gg by both players
ice is the best skilled player

Game: Rise of Legends

+
# 4Junaid Jan 13 2007, 10:25 AM
If ice and ATRF r saying best ever game then it should be and it is one of the best but most of the game play in ice favour and it is just the elder glass dragon which is responsible for such a long game so i think it miss the legendry tag. Full point to ice best ever skill display by any vinci player where ATRF show his ability to survive with elder glass dragon which is quite exceptional in his own. It is funny in the end he had elder GD with full health. Lets count 15 superpirates, doge lvl 3 sniper, LL, super armor were not enough to kill his elder. I think ice miss nulifier and early LL to counter his GD. Anyway very GG, very close to legendry.

Edit : ATRF can review his own game or not?

This post has been edited by Junaid: Jan 13 2007, 10:29 AM

+
# 5v1peR Jan 13 2007, 10:53 AM
all the legendary replays are corrupt. we need a new one tongue.gif

+
# 6AsTheRuinsFall Jan 13 2007, 13:46 PM
QUOTE(Junaid @ Jan 13 2007, 05:25 AM) *

Edit : ATRF can review his own game or not?

i'm not allowed to review replays which i am in.

+
# 7Adjeking Jan 13 2007, 14:37 PM
gg altho it was already over way earlyer, ice's econ was insane! But I dno astrf, I rly respect ur feeling for the dragon!!

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 8AsTheRuinsFall Jan 13 2007, 14:48 PM
i was still in the game until about 10 mins till the end. was even pushing abit tongue.gif .

when i was playing i felt i still had a chance even when i lost.

+
# 9v1peR Jan 13 2007, 15:22 PM
yeah if i made 1 big mistake and lost units against eldar drag it was over.. lucky i didnt make a big mistake in the hour it was out lol

+
# 10AsTheRuinsFall Jan 13 2007, 15:33 PM
yea, whole last 40 mins, was just hoping for you to make a small mistake and i would have fought back in a big way, flawless play tho damit! i made a few decent stabs at it though regardless.

p.s. dahka's ultimate is ownage for killing land levis!

+
# 11MArek Jan 14 2007, 19:24 PM
I dont understand why ice keeps choosing siege eppelin over med pack. Sure its 90 siege dmg is nice but considering how easy it is to kill

the zeppelin its IMO just not worth it considering that med pack gives 10% health which would have helped piratas survive 3 hits from

fully upgraded glass dragon intead of 2. Hell, even the damage bonus on all those juggernauts piratas and heroes would have been bigger

then the attack of siege zeppelin and im not even mentioning the 100 hp bonus on each juggernaut. Same goes for burrowing spider which

which pretty much got raped as soon as it got out. Monoculars on the other hand would have helped ALOT more(not intantly but surely in

5 minutes after getting the upgrade).

This post has been edited by MArek: Jan 14 2007, 19:28 PM

+
# 12AsTheRuinsFall Jan 14 2007, 19:31 PM
i hope that all vinci players take that advice smile.gif would make my life easier tongue.gif

+
# 13Metallideth Jan 14 2007, 19:32 PM
QUOTE(MArek @ Jan 14 2007, 01:24 PM) *

I dont understand why ice keeps choosing siege eppelin over med pack. Sure its 90 siege dmg is nice but considering how easy it is to kill

the zeppelin its IMO just not worth it considering that med pack gives 20% health wich wouyld ahve helperd piratas to survive 3 hits from

fully upgraded glass dragon intead of 2. Hell, even the damage bonus on all those juggernauts piratas and heroes would have been bigger

then the attack of siege zeppelin and im not even mentioning the 200 hp bonus on juggernauts. Same goes for burrowing spider which

which pretty much got raped as soon as it got out. Monoculars on the other hand would have helped ALOT more(not intantly but surely in

5 minutes after getting the upgrade).

I used to think like this but in getting the siege zeppelin you have to consider the +25% siege damage for steam cannons, which i'm pretty sure is the highest boost that prototypes can offer and gives the steam cannon a huge attack increase. Also, the siege zeppelin has great range and is surprisingly easy to keep alive although vs. alin a glass dragon can take it down, though by that point in the game the siege zeppelin should have caused a lot of damage already. Useful for attacking cities/forts all over the map as it is easy to retreat something that can fly even if it is slow, you can just pair it with a few piratas and it has some security.

I'm not saying med packs is bad, though you will see that no good vinci ever gets them, and the siege zeppelin is far more useful than you think.

Burrowing spider also gives a boost to clockwork spiders, which helps in early large city phase. Burrowing spider is good vs. alin because you can expect early aggression from pretty much any decent alin player. That 1 unit can make the difference in many early battles too. I almost always get burrowing spider unless I go for an all out boom basically because many vinci lack a huge army early on whereas it is easier for the other 2 factions to make an early army.

In truth if you are even considering not getting burrowing spider, get 3 clockwork miners. Monoculars is IMO the worst of the 3 upgrades, and 3 clockwork miners helps out hugely in the very near future and helps even more as time goes on.

This post has been edited by Glassdragon2996: Jan 14 2007, 19:37 PM

+
# 14MArek Jan 14 2007, 19:49 PM
Come on, how are monoculars bad, 10% extra ranged damage on ALL units and 10 % extra speed( which helps those slow juggernauts

alot)(with 3 juggernaduts and 5 piratas+heroe the additional damaged per second would be almost 20). Besides he already had like 3 spiders so 1 extra dindnt realy help him that much and the damage boost on clockwork spiders is

quite pointless since they already have a good trample and theyre melee only gains 1 extra dmg per second after the upgrade. ( basically with this upgrade youre armis ranged fire

will outdamaged the firepower of a singel burrowing spider) Considering youll probably make just 3 or 5 clockwork spider during the whole game it just not worth it. Besides the

monoculars boost the attack of piratas, juggernauts and even heroes.

You mentioned the 25% bonus siege on steam cannons but i think its jsut useless considering with those 2 other upgrades youre WHOLE army gains 15% extra attack.

This post has been edited by MArek: Jan 14 2007, 19:54 PM

+
# 15Metallideth Jan 14 2007, 20:04 PM
QUOTE(MArek @ Jan 14 2007, 01:49 PM) *

Come on, how are monoculars bad, 10% extra ranged damage on ALL units and 10 % extra speed( which helps those slow juggernauts

alot)(with 3 juggernaduts and 5 piratas+heroe the additional damaged per second would be almost 20). Besides he already had like 3 spiders so 1 extra dindnt realy help him that much and the damage boost on clockwork spiders is

quite pointless since they already have a good trample and theyre melee only gains 1 extra dmg per second after the upgrade. ( basically with this upgrade youre armis ranged fire

will outdamaged the firepower of a singel burrowing spider) Considering youll probably make just 3 or 5 clockwork spider during the whole game it just not worth it. Besides the

monoculars boost the attack of piratas, juggernauts and even heroes.

You mentioned the 25% bonus siege on steam cannons but i think its jsut useless considering with those 2 other upgrades youre WHOLE army gains 15% extra attack.

With ATRF pumping out medium units like his life depended on it every web can help tons.

Don't argue the use of prototypes here, getting prototype spider is not always a good idea but getting monoculars is NEVER a good idea. Think about this - 3 clockwork miners collect 25 timonium at an upgraded mine. About 15 minutes later, they have collected enough timonium to grant you an extra juggernaut. Unless you have a crazy army of like 8 juggernauts, this juggernaut will account for more than 15% of your army's total damage. Thus, the bonus you get from that single prototype outweighs the bonus of the other 2.

If you don't believe what I said about how useful the siege zeppelin is and how easy it is to keep alive, try playing anyone on vents, summer's heat, nohoch crater, etc. with it.

Edit: i'm sorry for spamming guys, Marek if you want to continue this discussion make a thread in the vinci strategy forum. Here, we need to talk solely about the replay between Ice and ATRF. Too bad I can't watch the whole thing because it always exits out randomly at some point sad.gif.

This post has been edited by Glassdragon2996: Jan 14 2007, 20:18 PM

+
# 16MArek Jan 15 2007, 08:23 AM
Just get those 2 upgrades in a couple of games before you start to argue.

+
# 17alienman004 Jan 16 2007, 01:28 AM
This is the best replay I have ever seen! GG guys!

+
# 18v1peR Jan 16 2007, 16:35 PM
smile.gif plz someone review

+
# 19Junaid Jan 16 2007, 18:34 PM
ATRF and me are the only RR and he cant review his own game. I didnt review this one bcoz it requires lots of time bcoz of its length and close to legendray tag(extra attention needed). I ll see if someone else more senior player would take this otherwise i ll do in my free time(hopefully soon). smile.gif

+
# 20v1peR Jan 16 2007, 20:52 PM
cool thx

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)