Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

Homer_J vs PIKABOY

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1snakefire82 Jan 15 2007, 01:12 AM
A great game featuring natives, grenaders and halbs to name a few units smile.gif . Enjoy your medals guys!

How to watch replays.
Original Topic

[Up_] Homer_J vs [ViE] Pikaboy
Map: Andes

[ViE] Pikaboy

Civ: Dutch
Cutech: 2122

+ You got a lot of units out quickly after hitting fort and were able to push him back quickly.
+ Good use of spies to finaly repel his mamelukes.

-You forwent settler production for grenadiers. You however had many grenadiers queued using up resources that you could have invested in settler production at that time and then queued grenadiers when you werent already producing some.
-Minutemen are mighty but when they are one 1 hp, you can kill them easily. Split your skirms onto multiple minutemen, 1 skirm per minuteman and get rid of them. The remaining musks and incas would have been a piece of cake.
-You aged with the admiral of the ocean seas. On a land map, you lose 400 resources by doing this even if you feel you needed the wood, ageing with the halb politician and then sending 1000 wood is better than sending for halbs after having aged.
-You were at first unprepared for his mamelukes, a time at which he came back strongly.
-You never got any artillery(apart from some culverines when it was too late), skirmishers and halbs are not a viable counter to cacadores and musks.

Your unit choice was poor and hence you lost despite a satisfactory eco. Player Rating: 5.5/10

[Up_] Homer_J

Civ: Ports
Cutech: 2040

+You synchronised your 6 musks, minutemen and natives well to easily fend off his initial attack.
+ You very subtly took the trade route in little time.
+ You chose a very effective time for mamelukes.
+ Going for a trade monopoly was a good idea as it was able to accelerate your win.

- You killed far too many hunts at the beginning. You lose lots of food to decay that way. I would suggest 4 settlers per hunt optimaly.
- You didnt scout parts of the map at all and hence didnt realise where he was gathering. You thought you had kept him off food when infact he was hunting behind his base. Keep your explorer in constant motion.
-You had a lot of idle settlers.
-You really should have pulled your mamelukes back and healed them with a priest.
-I feel you went industrial a little early since you didnt have the resources to upgrade your troops.
-I think you could have trained som ehorse artillery to back you up since you were relying heavily on those heavy canons that only come out periodicaly.

Your early strat was really nice and after that you never really looked too pressed. Player Rating: 6.5/10

Pretty interesting back and forth between a strong popular civ and a weaker unpopular civ. Game rating: 6/10

Game Reviewed by Gazza89
Rating out of 10

This post has been edited by BoonXD: Jan 15 2007, 12:51 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File Homer_J_vs_PIKABOY.age3Xrec
Size: 501.8k
Number of downloads: 313
Player Name Side Team
[Up_] Homer_J 1
[ViE] Pikaboy 2

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 2JunkFood Knight Jan 15 2007, 05:58 AM
gg guys biggrin.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Homer_J Jan 15 2007, 08:19 AM
hmm.. u misspelled my name.. i think you should change it smile.gif

+
# 4_UnDerTakEr_ Jan 15 2007, 12:51 PM
Gratz homer smile.gif

EDIT:

Corrected your name ^^

This post has been edited by BoonXD: Jan 15 2007, 12:51 PM

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 5Kaia Jan 16 2007, 13:50 PM
Congratulations guys :-)

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6meast Jan 16 2007, 23:16 PM
Congrats, a good watch this one thumb.gif

+
# 7Kathlen Jan 17 2007, 08:44 AM
tought 6 / 10 was not even elite, and now it even RoTW tongue.gif

Guess have to watch it to see why wink.gif

+
# 8Homer_J Jan 18 2007, 06:06 AM
QUOTE(Kathlen @ Jan 17 2007, 12:44 AM) *

tought 6 / 10 was not even elite, and now it even RoTW tongue.gif

Guess have to watch it to see why wink.gif

it doesnt have to be elite in order for it to become ROTW

+
# 9Kathlen Jan 19 2007, 00:45 AM
True, but if it aint skill and it aint a new strategy, then only the comedy part of entertainment left, and I dont think it was laughing while watch it that made it RoTW biggrin.gif

Anyway, congratulations, I will to try to watch it when it possible smile.gif

Also it nothing personal tongue.gif I been critical to the Legendary replays of AoE 3, where one overall only show how "unbeatable" abus guns + pikemen is (or atleast was) in colony age. and the other one showed how pointless it is to take out opponents TC's if you dont go after his settlers.

This post has been edited by Kathlen: Jan 19 2007, 00:45 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)