Ice vs. AsTheRuinsFall

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1AsTheRuinsFall Jan 23 2007, 02:01 AM
Original Topic can be found Here

Review by Junaid

Ice (Vinci) vs. Astheruinsfalls (Alin)

Map: Burial Grounds

Game Time: 1:31:29

Game Summary: To say at least this is by far the most entertaining (and longest) game i ever witness. The skill's show of both players is just outstanding specially ice. The game starts with ATRF attack ice's neutral city with lvl2sawu, scoro and seekers and delayed ice's industrial districts. Ice did strong comeback with spiders and CWM and pushback ATRF and gain significant advantage in eco and map control. While ATRF decided to became turtle and build glass dragon and later upgrade it to Elder. The next one hour is pure battle where ice (attacker) and decided to go for his cap and eco and ATRF (Defender) with never say die attitude was hoping that ice will do a big mistake and he might come back with his elder dragon but very strong play by ice cause him winner in this match but not before battling out 90 min.

Ice (Vinci)

Starting B.O.: Mer-Mer-Mil-Mer.

Starting Research: Prosp 1-Mining 1-Prosp 2-Politic 1

Pros:

+ Good use of scouts and relic gathering specially i like spy scout follow sawu.
+ Nice comeback with spiders. (cool webbing)
+ Very early Timonium Smelter which help continues supply of CWM throught the game.
+ Outstanding micro throught the game.
+ Your eco was always upto mark even when his Elder Glass Dragon was raiding your mines.
+ Nicely placed Bunker.
+ Continues attacking to his caps and eco with CWM and pirates really hurt him bad. Although i don’t like some
of ur suicide raiding specially in front of his army, useless i say.
+ Excellent use of transport destroyer. I noticed it save some CWM after sieging his fort.
+ Use doge hammer to kill summon army ASAP.

Cons:
- Didn’t build enough merchant district to get enough wealth income even ur ecocap was stuck at 600 for a
long time.
- You decided to go for siege zeppelin over improved mines but didn’t build steam cannons to get 25% extra advantage also you let it die so easily.
- Didnt upgrade Doge's siege laser which could help u to destroy his fort. I know you were aiming for Doge Hammer but if u had some more merchant district u can easily got both powers.
- Lost too many pirates in suicide raiding. Your use of pirates in raiding is excellent but u didn’t utilize them too well in battle. I didn’t understand why u was keep loosing them in this game. As Vinci pirates are key especially after his Glass Dragon out u should have mass pirates.
- The main reason why this game is so long bcoz you ignored his elder dragon and decided to go for his eco with pirates. Mass pirates and early LL combined with Nullifier should help u to kill him. Once he died then game would be finished early.

Player Summary: I pointed out those cons bcoz this game is horribly long and impossible to play without mistakes, Otherwise a very solid flawless vinci play by you. a few thinks i like to mention, the only vinci's unit that can fight Air units specially Glass dragon is pirates But if u keep loosing them then that will not help u at all. Sending Suicide CWM to his caps is k, since they are free but pirates are useless. Mind u alin is not so much dependable on cap to stay alive especially with evo4, lvl5 heroes and elder dragon. In end game you loose ceasefire to ATRF which really was making the difference as his Elder GD was keep raiding ur mines and u carelessly avoided it. I hope u will come back with ur own counter against GD in next game.

Player Score: 8.5

Astheruins falls (Alin)

Starting B.O.: Magus-mer-mer-mil

Starting Research: Treasure 1- treasure 2

Pros:

+ Very aggressive start by attacking ice's neutral city cause him to delayed his industrial districts.
+ Good backup by scoro and seekers by building dual circle and eventually capture his city.
+ Like ice your micro was truly outstanding specially in the end, you didn’t loose too may units like ice.(see unit screenshot)
+ Excellent use of heroes and their powers, in late game their ultimate save you several times.
+ As always your use of Glass Dragon was top class, raiding mines and come back when needed.
+ I liked Dhaka's ultimate killing Levi, this spell is not bad.

Cons:

- Lost sawu like no tomorrow, i forget to count it after five times.
- Didn’t build enough units after ice pushback you. Couple of fire elements and glass golems would help u do some multi fronting, since his pirates were freely moving in your territory.
- Since he had doge hammer, so it was not a good idea to summon army in front of doge and ultra juggs.
- Didn’t protect your capital too much, some eternal flame or second fort near your capital wasn’t a bad idea.

Player Summary: I don’t want to critics your early Glass dragon play style but there was slight delay between you got glass dragon and between you upgraded him to elder. In this time you build too few units and that allowed ice to take advantage of it and control the game in his favor. You can see how easily he build bunker, if u had some more army than it was not so easy. Your ability to hang out there in endgame was amazing, I was amazed how you was keep surviving since your eco and cap was badly pwned by ice. At one stage you had nothing but treasury 4 but still pushing him lot. Your micro was even better than ice in late game, that’s why you were still in the game in last hour. Very exciting to watch.

Player Score: 7

Entertainment value : 9/10 As i said earlier you will not find any better entertaining game than this, 90 min non stop action.

Game Score: 7.8

As you notice ice built 668 units and lost 506 (Most of them in sucide raiding) and ATRF built just 232 units but killed 512. Thats why he was hanging there so long.

This post has been edited by AsTheRuinsFall: Jan 23 2007, 02:02 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File Ice_vs_AsTheRuinsFall.rec
Size: 1.2mb
Number of downloads: 446
Player Name Side Team
AsTheRuinsFall3 1
Ice 2

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 2cumfestia1 Feb 12 2007, 02:11 AM
sorry wasnt ment to comment

This post has been edited by cumfestia1: Feb 12 2007, 04:17 AM

+
# 3AsTheRuinsFall Feb 12 2007, 02:37 AM
jj? huh?

Game: Kings and Castles

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)