Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander

Mentor Program Pairings for Round 2

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Gnug215 Aug 14 2007, 20:48 PM
Hi all!

Well, the initial pairings have been done. I'm afraid I haven't been able to find a Mentor for everyone - yet. There is still time, and if need be, we can get pairs going after the starting date, which is on the 15th of August.

I was thinking we could let the program run for 4 weeks this time, if no one objects? Otherwise we'll stick to 3 weeks, as with the previous programs. I'd like to try 4 weeks this time, as some pairs and players had some problems getting started. This will give everyone some more time.
But if we let it run for 4 weeks, please, Mentees, let your Mentors get the occasional break if they need it. smile.gif

I'm going to list the pairings below, and at the bottom I'll make a list with people who are still waiting for a mentor. I'll edit the list if need be.

Remember, if you're somehow not satisfied with the pairing, or if there's anything else you want to note or talk about, just post in here or try to contact me (PM me on GR or GPGnet).

Once you have seen the pairings, I would like you to acknowledge it in this forum, and I encourage you to contact your Mentor/Mentee(s). If you can not get in touch with the people you need to, be sure to get back to me.

People's GR names don't always correspond with their GPGnet names, so I have added those where needed.

The Mentor Program Pairings for Round 2 are as follows:
(Mentors listed in red) - (GPGnet name in brackets if it differs from GR name)

Zentry
clandest (GPGnet name: -Clandest-)
orcsdeath (GPGnet name: -CU-orcsdeath)

Your thread is Here!
---o---

Kormi
sgt_carlini
Colty

Your thread is Here!
---o---

Taz'hein (GPGnet name: taz-hein)
DieselCat18

Your thread is Here!
---o---

nemir
Hazza616 (GPGnet name: Hazza192837465)
nimmŲ2 (GPGnet name: Just_nimm02_)

Your thread is Here!
---o---

Bravia
Mr-Marky
Falcon.Geek (GPGnet name: FalconGeek)

Your thread is Here!
---o---

Merciless Magal (GPGnet name: Magno)
chromeblack
townsaver

Your thread is Here!
---o---

kiwik
nemir

Your thread is Here!
---o---

Hazza616 (GPGnet name: Hazza192837465)
AdmiralJonB
-CU-Goggzyboy

Your thread is Here!
---o---

0xA9F
Usling
NERDsFist (GPGnet name: NERDsF1ST)

Your thread is Here!
---o---

Poita_

Your thread is Here!
---o---

themindtrap (GPGnet name: Mindtrap)
Untitled_jpg
EasyKillCommander (GPGnet name: TheMac)
snhmib

Your thread is Here!
---o---

Commander24
Taz’hein (GPGnet name: taz-hein)
KingsRevenge
isik

Your thread is Here!
---o---

BattleMoose
WraithSpore
pozitive

Your thread is Here!
---o---

W|nter (GPGnet name: Winter) - (Subtle difference, I know...)
Merciless Magal (GPGnet name: Magno)
roxanol (GPGnet name: The_King_of_Mars)
Stix

Your thread is Here!
---o---

EasyKillCommander (GPGnet name: TheMac)
IBOOMER

Your thread is Here!
---o---

Usling
dangerdan (GPGnet name: dangerDAN_)

Your thread is Here!
---o---

Stix
skykid88
srw22
Douglas_D (GPGnet name: Mcdouglas)
djs111492

Your thread is Here!
---o---

Jixxor (GPGnet name: DIe_Jixxor)
te_nosce
Ap3x

Your thread is Here!
---o---

nucc
woepriest
haxthias

Your thread is Here!
---o---

Gnug215
Aelius
0xA9F

Your thread is Here!
---o---
---o---

These are the people that were left over from round 1, but haven't acknowledged yet:
DaeHeKans
Rapajez
Krator
Artir
Sprayer1337

If you are one of these people, and still want to be in on this program, contact me, either by posting here, or PM'ing me on GR/GPGnet. We may have a chance of getting you in at the last minute.

I will not contact Brainiac in order for him to setup the masks for the Mentor Forum so you can all get to post there. Once he is done, I will start the threads for all the pairs.
Then I will make a new thread in this forum, letting everyone know that the program is running.

Stay tuned! smile.gif

Gnug215

This post has been edited by Gnug215: Aug 17 2007, 11:09 AM

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 2Kormi Aug 14 2007, 20:54 PM
Good job Gnug.

I just have one comment. I would strongly recommend setting up separate sections for each game in the mentoring part of forums. I am really getting lost there. I make a post, return two hours later, and it's on the 3rd page. Also, I like to check other SupCom threads, but it's almost impossible in the mess there...

+
# 3Gnug215 Aug 14 2007, 21:31 PM
QUOTE(Kormi @ Aug 14 2007, 22:54 PM) *

Good job Gnug.

I just have one comment. I would strongly recommend setting up separate sections for each game in the mentoring part of forums. I am really getting lost there. I make a post, return two hours later, and it's on the 3rd page. Also, I like to check other SupCom threads, but it's almost impossible in the mess there...

Hey,

What exactly do you mean? Making one thread for each Mentee in the Mentor forum?

It would be preferable, yeah, but it's quite a bit of extra work, and it clutters the forum in there.

Also, I have already suggested to the GR guys that we get a separate forum for the SupCom Mentor Program, but for some reason they want to keep it centralized.

The best I can do is to suggest systematizing your work with the Mentees, for instance making them number their replays when they post them, where you reply with the corresponding number.
As for all the other posts, I guess you just have to bookmark them. sad.gif

But trust me, I know your pain. I had to look around for all of the posts when I had to reply to them and lock them when the program ended.

At least I didn't have to make 34 separate topics, and so far 37 topics for this program.

But thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to let the GR guys know about it. smile.gif

Gnug215

+
# 4WlNTER Aug 14 2007, 22:19 PM
maybe we could make some sort of petition to gr to give us our own forum because it seriously is impossible to use the mentor forums when its used for every game

+
# 5Gnug215 Aug 14 2007, 22:37 PM
Well, it's not impossible.

I basically set up a thread for each pairing, and that's the only thread you need to use, really. So if you bookmark your own thread, you can get to it easily.

But yeah, I'd really like a separate forum for each game. I'll talk to them about it. But anyone else who agrees is free to post it here, so I can show them how many would want it. smile.gif

Gnug215

+
# 6AdmiralJonB Aug 14 2007, 22:45 PM
QUOTE(Gnug215 @ Aug 14 2007, 23:37 PM) *

Well, it's not impossible.

I basically set up a thread for each pairing, and that's the only thread you need to use, really. So if you bookmark your own thread, you can get to it easily.

But yeah, I'd really like a separate forum for each game. I'll talk to them about it. But anyone else who agrees is free to post it here, so I can show them how many would want it. smile.gif
Gnug215

While I've yet to do anything with this, I'm sure it would be better to have them separated. I know what it's like trying to find posts on busy forums sad.gif

+
# 7Gnug215 Aug 14 2007, 23:58 PM
QUOTE(AdmiralJonB @ Aug 15 2007, 00:45 AM) *

While I've yet to do anything with this, I'm sure it would be better to have them separated. I know what it's like trying to find posts on busy forums sad.gif

I know, but once I've set up all the topics tomorrow, I'll post the links for you all. You just need that one link, that one topic, and it's all yours. You don't even have to look at the Mentoring Forum itself. Just bookmark your thread once you have the link. I'll get the threads and links up tomorrow.

Gnug215

+
# 8te_nosce Aug 15 2007, 02:11 AM
Jixxor (GPGnet name: DI_Jixxor)
te_nosce

---o---

These are the people for which we have not been able to get a Mentor for this round (so far):
te_nosce

huh.gif um ...

+
# 9Jixxor Aug 15 2007, 03:29 AM
I'm a late add to the Mentor list, te_nosce, so ignore that.

Looks like I'll be your mentor for the next couple of weeks. smile.gif

Looking forward to it.

+
# 10te_nosce Aug 15 2007, 03:33 AM
QUOTE(Jixxor @ Aug 14 2007, 23:29 PM) *

I'm a late add to the Mentor list, te_nosce, so ignore that.

Looks like I'll be your mentor for the next couple of weeks. smile.gif

Looking forward to it.
Great!

I've never done this before, so I'm not really sure what to do.
Please let me know whats up.

Thanks.

+
# 11Jixxor Aug 15 2007, 04:20 AM
QUOTE(Gnug215 @ Aug 14 2007, 14:31 PM) *

Hey,

What exactly do you mean? Making one thread for each Mentee in the Mentor forum?

It would be preferable, yeah, but it's quite a bit of extra work, and it clutters the forum in there.

Also, I have already suggested to the GR guys that we get a separate forum for the SupCom Mentor Program, but for some reason they want to keep it centralized.

The best I can do is to suggest systematizing your work with the Mentees, for instance making them number their replays when they post them, where you reply with the corresponding number.
As for all the other posts, I guess you just have to bookmark them. sad.gif

But trust me, I know your pain. I had to look around for all of the posts when I had to reply to them and lock them when the program ended.

At least I didn't have to make 34 separate topics, and so far 37 topics for this program.

But thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to let the GR guys know about it. smile.gif
Gnug215

Why can't the GPG forums be utilized? I'm sure the fellas there would be more than happy to accommodate us.

+
# 12Poita_ Aug 15 2007, 07:06 AM
Acknowledged!

I should be able to take at least one more person if someone still needs a mentor.

Game: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

+
# 13Gnug215 Aug 15 2007, 08:57 AM
QUOTE(te_nosce @ Aug 15 2007, 04:11 AM) *

huh.gif um ...

Yeah, what Jixxor said. smile.gif

I was working on it late last night, and Jixxor here jumped in and saved the day for you and Ap3x. smile.gif

Some of this organizing is a bit messy, so...

But yeah, you now have a Mentor. smile.gif

Gnug215

+
# 14Gnug215 Aug 15 2007, 09:03 AM
QUOTE(Jixxor @ Aug 15 2007, 06:20 AM) *

Why can't the GPG forums be utilized? I'm sure the fellas there would be more than happy to accommodate us.

Well, although this is a different site, we'd still be using an external forum (as opposed to making some kind of integrated system on GPGnet), and since that is the case I feel these forums are better suited, due to the way you can include replays in the posts.

Using the GPG forums, one could perhaps just use links to the vault, but that's a bit more work for the Mentor, really. We feel the Mentees should be doing that work. smile.gif
I don't even know how file attachments would work on the GPG forums.

So I think this is the best solution for now. smile.gif

Gnug215

+
# 15nimmŲ2 Aug 15 2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks Very Kindly, Gnug. biggrin.gif

+
# 16Gnug215 Aug 17 2007, 11:15 AM
Alright!

nucc just signed up as a Mentor, which means we got woepriest and haxthias a spot in the program!

Amazingly enough, as an exception to pretty much everyone else in this program, these were the only players where it wasn't possible to pair them up according to timezones. While this is regrettable, I hope it's better than not having a Mentor at all. nucc tells me that he's ready to do reviews at least, but he is in EU, so it's not unthinkable that you'll run into him.

Well, this means we've managed to team up everyone that signed up so far. There is still some left overs from round 1, but I haven't heard anything from them, so..

I hope things are going well. I'll post this in the info thread as well.

Gnug215

+
# 17SexE Aug 18 2007, 19:33 PM
Run the prgram for 6-8 weeks smile.gif

+
# 18Ar-Bee Aug 22 2007, 04:21 AM
hey 215,

I'm going to be Poita's mentee... can you make that possible?

Poita says he doesnt mind... i just need to build up on my basics again

thanks!

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 19Gnug215 Aug 22 2007, 15:12 PM
QUOTE(Ar-Bee @ Aug 22 2007, 06:21 AM) *

hey 215,

I'm going to be Poita's mentee... can you make that possible?
Poita says he doesnt mind... i just need to build up on my basics again

thanks!

Hey!

Sure, personal requests by a mentor are always welcomed.

I'll hook you up. I trust you know where the forum is and everything? That is, if you want to use it.

If you run into TCC/Brainiac before me, you can tell him you want to get permission to the Mentor forum, and that I OK'ed it.

Gnug215

+
# 20Supertribe Aug 28 2007, 23:04 PM
I would like to be a mentee. I don't care who my mentor is -- Or is it too late?

This post has been edited by Supertribe: Aug 28 2007, 23:05 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)