Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Pissed off at EA?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1TrueSilver Sep 13 2005, 02:54 AM
EA has bought the rights to lord of the rings books and new-lines series, so no other company can sell games for PROFIT.

So we need to start a non-profit organization that, when we find a game that is unsatisfactory, we make a new one just like it but better and release the game as Freeware, and since we aren't making a profit off of it, they can't sue us and they strive to make better games so that we won't attempt to out-do them.

And they could also donate to us and we'd take that into consideration when we decided which next game we will release as freeware in order to keep the standards of gaming up and preventing total monopolization as EA is doing with football after ESPN tried to compete with them (they bought the rights)

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2thegreatdegwin Sep 13 2005, 03:22 AM
Yeah... They have WAY too much money.

Game: Counter Strike: Source

+
# 3Arctic Aurora Sep 13 2005, 03:41 AM
QUOTE(TrueSilver @ Sep 12 2005, 10:54 PM)
EA has bought the rights to lord of the rings books and new-lines series, so no other company can sell games for PROFIT.

Ya hear that Blizzard? No other companies can sell games for profit. Shut down now rolleyes.gif
So we need to start a non-profit organization that, when we find a game that is unsatisfactory, we make a new one just like it but better and release the game as Freeware, and since we aren't making a profit off of it, they can't sue us and they strive to make better games so that we won't attempt to out-do them.

And they could also donate to us and we'd take that into consideration when we decided which next game we will release as freeware in order to keep the standards of gaming up and preventing total monopolization as EA is doing with football after ESPN tried to compete with them (they bought the rights)

Making games just like other ones would probably catch on some copyright issues. Just because you aren't making money doesn't mena you can't be sued... frusty.gif

EA's doing what it should as a company to make money, and now they're working towards customer support. As long as things are changing, there's no need to keep the Mr. Negative card out all the time.

Clan: Teh Admins

Game: World in Conflict

+
# 4TrueSilver Sep 13 2005, 03:49 AM
Well to tell the truth life is just one big bowl of negativity soup.

+
# 5MathKing87 Sep 13 2005, 03:54 AM
QUOTE(TrueSilver @ Sep 12 2005, 09:49 PM)

Then here's a big vegetable chunk: never in a million years would you find enough people who actually have the ability, desire, and time to make these games in your proposed non-profit organization. The very fact that you proposed the idea makes me wonder if you are even capable of the programming skill needed. Even if you did manage to scrounge up a few really good programmers, EA has way more and they will be spitting out games faster than you can revise them. BFME 2 will be coming out soon. Hopefully it will be good, but if it isn't and you decide to rip it off, by the time you're done, EA will have already released several new games.

+
# 6Arctic Aurora Sep 13 2005, 04:01 AM
If BfME is so screwed up - then first make your own 1.03 Mod, perhaps including some animation changes. Just try. I'm betting you have no clue about the work involved, and as Math said - for no profit of any sort, you surely must be joking.

This post has been edited by Arctic_Aurora: Sep 13 2005, 04:02 AM

Clan: Teh Admins

Game: World in Conflict

+
# 7TrueSilver Sep 13 2005, 04:32 AM
pfff all the big-wigs like to donate for tax relief we're just another cause.

+
# 8thegreatdegwin Sep 13 2005, 05:05 AM
Well just the fact that EA can pay all those people who go all around the world and what ever to talk about games and spend time with people like just shows that they have way too much money to frivorously spend.

Its kind of double sided. As it is good for us to get what we want from them, but on the other side they are just being whores for money and want to please their audience to gain a larger profit.

+
# 9MathKing87 Sep 13 2005, 06:18 AM
QUOTE(~AoA~thegreatdegwin @ Sep 12 2005, 11:05 PM)
Well just the fact that EA can pay all those people who go all around the world and what ever to talk about games and spend time with people like just shows that they have way too much money to frivorously spend.

Its kind of double sided.  As it is good for us to get what we want from them, but on the other side they are just being whores for money and want to please their audience to gain a larger profit.

"they are just being whores for money and want to please their audience to gain a larger profit."

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! IT IS WRONG FOR ANY BUSINESS TO TRY TO MAKE MONEY!!! BUSINESSES ARE SO EVIL!!! DOWN WITH BUSINESS!!! DOWN WITH GOVERNMENT!!! DOWN WITH EA!!!

fool

+
# 10thegreatdegwin Sep 13 2005, 07:05 AM
QUOTE(MathKing87 @ Sep 13 2005, 07:18 AM)
"they are just being whores for money and want to please their audience to gain a larger profit."

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!  IT IS WRONG FOR ANY BUSINESS TO TRY TO MAKE MONEY!!!  BUSINESSES ARE SO EVIL!!!  DOWN WITH BUSINESS!!!  DOWN WITH GOVERNMENT!!!  DOWN WITH EA!!!

fool

Ummm No? You don't see any competition. You will never see a Sega sports game ever for like 10 years because EA bought out everything. They are limiting the gaming community to what they make, which for the most part is alot of poor quality shit. They release many buggy, glitchy and unfinished products then release thousands of expansions to fix the previous game and add in hardly any new material.

Its one thing to do smart business. Look at Valve... or Epic games.. they create amazing games, are they whores? No. The point is that WITH ALL THEIR MONEY, we should be expecting better products, not better customer service.

I mean look at Battlefield 2... Game had great potential... but the Mod version of 1942 Desert Combat (which is what battlefield 2 was based off of, a mod made by people who didn't earn a cent off it) ok.. the Mod version is more balanced, realistic and more fun to play over all. Why? EA pushed DICE and completely eliminated the original modders who created DC and made the game so newb friendly that any one could master anything. Thus they are making games simple, and whoring themselves out just to satisfy a larger audience, rather than experienced gamers such as what most of this community is made up of.

Don't act like an idiot.

Gaming is a form of Media now. Do you go see crappy movies and then feel like you wasted your time, money and life by watching it? Same deal. Gaming used to be done for the spirit of it and the progression of the art. EA is only sodomizing it with about 85% of their shitty incomplete games.

This post has been edited by thegreatdegwin: Sep 13 2005, 07:07 AM

+
# 11Daemon Sep 13 2005, 09:49 AM
QUOTE(~AoA~thegreatdegwin @ Sep 13 2005, 07:05 AM)

Its kind of double sided.  As it is good for us to get what we want from them, but on the other side they are just being whores for money and want to please their audience to gain a larger profit.

There is nothing actually wrong with trying to make a profit. Whilst I agree that making too much profit at the expense of little people is morally dubious the fact that someone might be trying to make some money back in excess of their outlay is nothing I find morally questionable. Using words like 'whore for money' are implying that you find any kind of profit making to be wrong. And wanting to please their audience for money is what entertainment is all about isn't it?

It used to be fashionable in interviews about a decade ago to never ever say that you wanted to do a job because you wanted to be paid highly for doing it. You always had to say that you only did a job because you loved doing it no matter what the financial reward. Luckily, most of business has moved on and it is not not evil to say that you do a job because you like getting paid for it but you also have to say that you find the job interesting and love doing it. Pragmatism and realism is the key. EA are trying to make a profit. If you don't want them to then don't contribute to it by buying their games.

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

+
# 12AgmLauncher Sep 13 2005, 14:14 PM
sleep.gif

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 13JTSweetDIC Sep 13 2005, 16:36 PM
QUOTE(TrueSilver @ Sep 12 2005, 11:49 PM)

And someone should get him a nice glass of shut the hell up! tongue.gif

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 14thegreatdegwin Sep 13 2005, 16:45 PM
I get what your saying Daemonette

But its just that EA has done too much in the past, which is why I am so agressive and pessimistic toward them.

And trying to please the audience differs in certain situations.. I mean look at 1.02.. it was so blatantly obvious that they where trying to suck on someones phallus by listening to a single community, then actually putting that material into the game. Listen to them or not, how could they let such a big problem become apart of the game? These guys would have accepted advice from some one who was having an epileptic seizure.

I find it better for companies to compete, because then they actually have a reason to better their games. But when you eliminate the competition.. (like what EA has done for the NFL and now the LOTR) it lowers their standards and they don't need to out compete another game. Thats what pisses me off most about EA. Why do they buy out other people or get liscences? To make money, not to make games.

This post has been edited by thegreatdegwin: Sep 13 2005, 16:49 PM

+
# 15Phoenix Rising Sep 13 2005, 18:43 PM
I have nothing gainst EA or any other gaming company. They make games.

If I like a game, regardless of who made it, I get it.
If I don't, I don't. Simple as that. For me at least.

+
# 16Ranganz of Corruption Sep 13 2005, 19:24 PM
Well Arctic, if making one patch was so hard, look at blizzard, the have already made like 18 patches

Patches dont make profit, but sequels do. So EA went to make a sequel instead of patching....

This post has been edited by Ranganz: Sep 13 2005, 19:26 PM

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Empire at War

+
# 17HeartBreakOne Sep 13 2005, 19:36 PM
BFME is in the scrapyard, not saying its a pwnage game but it does get repetative way too much so instead of just adding more and more junk to it there making awhole new game not only for money but to spice things up a little bit, think of it as getting the same birthday present every year now would people look forward for that, no so in that perspective BFME 2 is a new irthday preasent that unfoutnatly costs another $49.99

+
# 18TrueSilver Sep 13 2005, 19:48 PM
JT if you have a problem, keep it to yourself and let it build up on the inside til it becomes too much until you commit suicide and do the human race a favor.

+
# 19NeoN Sep 13 2005, 20:38 PM
truesilver that is really fucked up man you should never say that to somebody even though it is over a computer

+
# 20TrueSilver Sep 13 2005, 20:42 PM
No? maybe i should bake him some cookies with a smiley face on them for telling me to shutup... Anyways I don't think he expected me NOT to make a remark like that and I don't care who you are if you wanna fight w/ with me you better kill me because if you start some shit and im still alive after then you bet your ass im coming for you.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)