The Asian Dynasties

thomas_x, etrips888 & VooDoo_BoSs

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1DanaEileithyia Feb 17 2008, 19:39 PM
Good luck guys smile.gif!

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2etrips888 Feb 17 2008, 20:41 PM
thanks! So like i said before my ESO name is the same as here: etrips888 and im around a 23 PR level. I think I have a pretty good grasp on the game at my level but I'm looking for the tips and tricks that will help me move up to a higher level of play. Looking forward to getting some help doing that!

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 3thomas_x Feb 18 2008, 01:18 AM
Hey my eso name is also the same as on here thomas_x I am from the US eastern time zone I am only a 18 pr in TaD at the moment I just need help with something my game has ben bad lately. I am a 23 pr in AOE3 so I am not a terrible player but I could use some advice tips and help on what I should be doing better thanks again.

+
# 4VooDoo_BoSs Feb 19 2008, 00:34 AM
Alright guys, sorry for starting late, before we start to buckle down, just copy-paste this form so I can understand things properly.

ESO NAME:
PR:
Civilization I need help with:
My favorite strategy:
Strategy I want to learn/improve:
My Timezone:
When I can play (relative to your own time):

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 5thomas_x Feb 19 2008, 04:57 AM
ESO NAME:thomas_X
PR: 18
Civilization I need help with:ottoman
My favorite strategy:Depends on game and MAp
Strategy I want to learn/improve:all around game play
My Timezone:Eastern United States
When I can play (relative to your own time):I am usually on at night 8pm eastern to 12pm eastern a couple nights a week and usually try to be on the weekend usually sataruday morning.

+
# 6etrips888 Feb 19 2008, 08:08 AM
ESO NAME:etrips888
PR: 23-24
Civilization I need help with:French
My favorite strategy:Dual Rax Spam
Strategy I want to learn/improve:Not so much a strategy but more things I want to improve or learn how to deal with such as:
Certain civs always give me problems and can never seem to beat
I think my scouting and micro could be better...
Rushes always seem to give me a hard time..I can fight them off for a period but I usually end up losing in the end
My Timezone:Pacific Time Zone (GMT -8)
When I can play (relative to your own time):Umm usually random times usually...on weekdays i would probably be on at some point 5-10 pm..weekends probably somewhere around 12-5

+
# 7VooDoo_BoSs Feb 19 2008, 21:20 PM
@ thomas
Ok, Thomas, if you go to my home city, I made a deck for you in my Ottoman home city. The deck is called "Deck for Thomas", which I want you to use from now on. I also want you to read the basic principles of this guide.
Although it was made in TWC most of its principles still apply.

@ etrips.
I also made a deck for you in my French home city, which is called "deck for Etrips". I want you to use that deck from now on. The problem with France is that there are not many guides, so I can only suggest you start watching records. Attached.
If you view my attached document, you can see some records from Jidba, my good French friend who has posted quite a few games. I can personally recommend the game vs Xiphos, and Bren 15 which are good examples of strategies.

From now on I want both you to post EVERY game you play (which means try and get all 1v1's recorded), whether you win or lose, so I can understand your strengths and weaknesses and decide where to work.

Attached File(s)
Attached File AGES_BulkFile_1203455784.zip
Size: 4.22mb
Number of downloads: 87
Player Name Side Team

+
# 8etrips888 Feb 19 2008, 22:03 PM
well I have recorded a few games I have played recently for my own benifit..trying to figure out whats going wrong in a bit of a losing streak im in atm so ill be posting those soon and thanks for the replays..ive been looking at records of french that I can find so Ill look at these as well!

+
# 9VooDoo_BoSs Feb 19 2008, 23:08 PM
Post them in this thread, not in the replay section.

+
# 10etrips888 Feb 19 2008, 23:45 PM
here are two recordings..one a win against a guy who didnt play german much..the other against an india player in which i lost..I have problems in both i realize..not my best play but I think it might give you an idea where im coming from in how I play..ill be recording more soon

Attached File(s)
Attached File etrips888_french_vs_woundworth_india.age3Yrec
Size: 537.71k
Number of downloads: 53
Player Name Side Team
[Proud] etrips888 1
Woundwort 2
Attached File etrips888_french_vs_german.age3Yrec
Size: 448.81k
Number of downloads: 46
Player Name Side Team
[Proud] etrips888 1
[ÇâL] johnread 2

+
# 11VooDoo_BoSs Feb 20 2008, 00:41 AM
Ok good for posting. I"ll check them out tonight. Just like to say, post every game you play, whether it is good or bad, don't let your pride get in the way (some players never post games they lose because they feel they are embarrassed by being seen playing bad), so just remember I'm here to help, not judge smile.gif.

+
# 12etrips888 Feb 20 2008, 02:23 AM
well in that case...i might have one or two more games to post...hehe

+
# 13VooDoo_BoSs Feb 20 2008, 04:52 AM
The first game, although you recovered well, there were definitely things you could have done to improve your rush.
Build a market sooner, and focus on getting the wood upgrade first, then hunt upgrade.
Ship 700 wood first in colonial, followed by 8 xbows, and 4 CBD. Try not to waste your army, and if he obviously is german, try and train atleast 5 pikes early on.
The second game, the guy deserved the win because he applied good pressure.
Tips:
Build your barracks in strategy locations, such as instead of having it on the bottom of your TC, have it between your TC and his Agra, so his units have to go around the rax's to melee your units/put pressure on your villagers.
Keep villagers garrisoned, don't keep them outside to fight unless you are good at peek/shoot.
Ignore the Indian explorer, you put your xbow fire on the Indian explorer while his Ghurka/Sepoy ripped you up. The Indian explorer does something like 6 damage so its really not a big issue.
Otherwise, its generally a hard match up for French, but I could recommend going straight FF and training Skirmishers + goons in Fortress (don't ship in cannons, waste of a shipment, better off shipping in resources).
Please post more records, I want to help.

+
# 14etrips888 Feb 20 2008, 06:59 AM
alright im going to see if I can find some games tonight and Ill post those..but yeah I played the same india guy 3 times and each time he beat me pretty soundly..if he rushes it seems really hard to beat if he is committed to the rush

+
# 15etrips888 Feb 20 2008, 07:00 AM
oops double post...

This post has been edited by etrips888: Feb 20 2008, 07:01 AM

+
# 16thomas_x Feb 20 2008, 21:50 PM
QUOTE(etrips888 @ Feb 19 2008, 22:03 PM) *

well I have recorded a few games I have played recently for my own benifit..trying to figure out whats going wrong in a bit of a losing streak im in atm so ill be posting those soon and thanks for the replays..ive been looking at records of french that I can find so Ill look at these as well!

Here is one game I posted in wrong section I will have more to you soon. Have been a little under the weather so I have not played much. Please feel free to pick apart ty.

Attached File(s)
Attached File Record_Game_1.age3Yrec
Size: 314.63k
Number of downloads: 44
Player Name Side Team
[M-D-K] thomas_X 1
[~LCC~] EdyPegasus 2

+
# 17etrips888 Feb 20 2008, 23:46 PM
ok well here is one game...dear god im pissed I lost..i felt like i was so close to win and was just waiting for the guy to just resign...we both went FF..i was able to scout and see that he wasnt rushing and I was doing well in the beginning but apparently he was still able to boom..those yumi archers killed me..

Attached File(s)
Attached File etrips888_french_vs_japs.age3Yrec
Size: 559.78k
Number of downloads: 47
Player Name Side Team
[Proud] etrips888 1
[GYb—D}] Masao_PresentRTS 2

+
# 18etrips888 Feb 21 2008, 00:22 AM
win against a jap rush...im scouting better now and saw vills on gold so went dual rax..his rush wasnt that great but here is another rec

Attached File(s)
Attached File etrips888_french_vs_japs2.age3Yrec
Size: 421.07k
Number of downloads: 46
Player Name Side Team
[Proud] etrips888 1
genuinepope 2

+
# 19thomas_x Feb 21 2008, 01:23 AM
Here is anotherquick game I just played.

Attached File(s)
Size: 343.28k
Number of downloads: 44
Player Name Side Team
[M-D-K] thomas_X 1
[]-A-[] puravita99 2

+
# 20thomas_x Feb 21 2008, 02:08 AM
One more to look at. I will keep posting as I recored them.

Attached File(s)
Size: 351.06k
Number of downloads: 42
Player Name Side Team
[M-D-K] thomas_X 1
Red_Thunder 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)