Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Mistakes vs Isen

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1kamahsutra Sep 25 2005, 22:38 PM
Here's a replay of me playing really poorly against a very weak Isen player. I saw Archie's replay against Isen using an extra bat of soilders in the beginning and decide to try a Rohan version of it against the first Isen player I saw. Imho, it's extremely difficult for Rohan to pull off the same strat because 1) no block formation for peasants 2) cannot get heal right away. These two factors make it really difficult to kill off uruks and harrass his farms at the same time even though Rohan is able to spam peasants, because spamming peasants still requires time and he'll have uruks to counter. Even though the strat failed, I still could have won the game if had focused. But I didn't and make a shit load of mistakes, the first one was running Theo into Lurtz, and wasting a bunch of resources on FU Rohrrim trying to take out his Uruk pit to stop pike spam. That money could have easily gone towards Ent Rush.

Attached File(s)
Attached File mistakes_vs_isen.zip
Size: 34.72k
Size (unzipped): 113.17k
Number of downloads: 57
Player Name Side Team
F4LKEN 1
thekamahsutra 2

Clan: [Wise]

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 2kamahsutra Sep 25 2005, 22:46 PM
Here's a much better strat for Rohan to beat Isen.. Ent Rush... most people consider it the only way. The quality of the opponent was much better than the one I lost to trying out the new strat. The key to this is always a good peasant spam. I got a bit sloppy at the end of the game because the initial Ent Rush was so successful, it took out his Cit and more than half his base. Give him credit for never giving up, even though I had a ton of resources, lvl 9 Aragorn, GC Theo, and 13 PPs just lying around. tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File Ent_Rush_vs_Isen.zip
Size: 29.2k
Size (unzipped): 93.43k
Number of downloads: 48
Player Name Side Team
SMOKEYmcP0t 1
thekamahsutra 2

+
# 3LVCIAN Sep 26 2005, 08:59 AM
Now thats what I call an ent rush! WTF.gif Man u dropped about half a dozen of those things didtn ya lol. Good job Kama. I enjoyed that replay. Well played by the both of you. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by k9219: Sep 26 2005, 09:00 AM

+
# 4WISE Architect Sep 26 2005, 12:19 PM
yes the extra soldier strat is efficient only for gondor. because one peasant cant do 1 on 1 vs uruk. Also no EW available tongue.gif

But its nice to see u trying new strats and stuff....biggrin.gif i think u will do great in 1.03 since all units will be worthy as Darky said.

GJ kama wink.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 5Major Sep 26 2005, 12:30 PM
nub, 4 psnts>1uruks+wc->no mills, the trick is to kill at least 0.5 an uruk squad, so it cant do real damage to you farms.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 6WISE Architect Sep 26 2005, 13:07 PM
Humm u calling me nub so many times i begin to fell like a nub tongue.gif

+
# 7kamahsutra Sep 26 2005, 14:13 PM
Thanks Archie, your strat inspired me to try it out for myself. tongue.gif
But it didn't work for me. I agree with you that the it fails because soldiers can go 1v1 with uruks and the 1st PP. Even tho 4 psnts>1uruks+wc->no mills, after that you're left with about half a bat of psnts and Merry... where as Gondor with heal and block formation can take out the uruks and have both bats alive, and one of them even lvl2.. kill a few mills along the way and they already have EW to plop right in front of Isen base... can't do that with Rohan.. guess that counts me as a noob too... hmm... one of my nicks is noobRus.. tongue.gif

Thanks [WISE]k9219, I love it when I ent rush pike spammers.. because they have nothing to fight back with.. that'll teach them to pike spam some more.. biggrin.gif
Yeah, I dropped 6 ent moots on him, and it was fun!!!!!!!

+
# 8Major Sep 26 2005, 14:43 PM
want to try me?

ask John how unpleasant a small peasant spam can be wink.gif

and btw archie, I was disappointed to see that rohan almost beat u, post it on 1v1 it's rotw material for sure biggrin.gif

+
# 9WISE Architect Sep 26 2005, 15:00 PM
U said right....almost wink.gif

But its....39k rep u know what that means...no review and locked topic sad.gif

+
# 10Major Sep 26 2005, 15:34 PM
should change that stupid rule...
if u don't want to review at least don't lock. wacko.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)