Hello!

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 3MasterDragoon Apr 7 2008, 21:40 PM
Hi

+
# 4MTSP_Redivo Apr 7 2008, 21:57 PM
Hey guys, im trying to find some good rgs for you to watch...is being really hard find a normal portuguese ff rg after this patch, about the japan game i will ask a friend of mine who is a japan player for a good rg, and i post it latter....there is a good portuguese between luigi and asgard post at gamereplays home page, but is on deccan, but i was looking for something in a map with normal resouses at the beggining, but if you wanna waych i heard is a good game, and asgard made portuguese ff....thats it...cya, tomorow we can play more;....

This post has been edited by MTSP_Redivo: Apr 7 2008, 21:58 PM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 5MasterDragoon Apr 7 2008, 22:31 PM
Im a bit busy, but i'll try to be on tomorrow. it would be great if we can practice microing. If u can share any tips and tricks that would be cool. Thanks

+
# 6MTSP_Redivo Apr 8 2008, 06:28 AM
Well, the best quality of ashis is their speed to run and shoot, so they are the kings of micro...first of all, if you are fighting against light infantary, you must get as closer as you can from this unit, so they will never be out of your range, but if you are fighting against heavy infantary, use the hit and run tactic....you shoot and move back as fast as you see your units have already shoot, then you shoot again and go back...always hit and run...try to see this video when you have time!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUt_MZSYGQ
this video doesnt show ashi micro, but some micros used here are the same you are going to use with ashis...i will try to find a good rg with good ashi micro.....i dont play with japan, and i usually dont watch japan rg, so you got to be patient because i will have to find a good one first!!!!

This post has been edited by MTSP_Redivo: Apr 8 2008, 06:56 AM

+
# 7MTSP_Redivo Apr 8 2008, 06:58 AM
And post rg's so i can see where you can improve!!!

+
# 8Myrmecophaga Apr 8 2008, 08:25 AM
On second thoughts, It might be 8:30-9:30 before I am online, ie 4:30-5:30 your time

That should make it easier for you I think...

+
# 9MasterDragoon Apr 8 2008, 19:33 PM
here's a replay of a game i lost, japan mirror
Attached File low_level_japan.age3Yrec
Size: 400.75k
Number of downloads: 61
Player Name Side Team
[PÒWER] MasterDragoon 1
[MK^] DominikVI 2

+
# 10MTSP_Redivo Apr 8 2008, 23:53 PM
Well master, you have done a good job exploring the map and collecting treasures thumb.gif , but from the time you have aged you started to make some mistakes....the first mistake is your deck; you have a low japanese city, and only 22 cards, and the deck you have used had 3 fishing cards, and the map had no sea....so the first thing you got to do is make a new deck for land games, with some economic cards...yours enemy deck was good, try to copy it...
*the second one was your first attack, you had more units, but who is defending always have some advantage, because they can make more units and add to their pre exist troops, so , if you see you are not getting success in you attack, go back and make more units. It was on this atack that you have lost the game...if you come back that would be no need to build another rax and you could save 200 wood to build shrines, that would give you more resource...you got to have some purpose in an attack, like kill vills, or don't let your enemy get to many units, or take some houses down...attack just to attack is not a good idea...this is when you have to get a strategy ...your enemy for example decide to boom, so he had more shrines and more vills, but at the begging he had less military units...
usually:
* A Fast Fortress gets owned by a hard rush or a Semi FF
* Rush gets owned by a defensive boom
* Defensive boom gets owned by a aggressive FF
* Semi FF gets owned by a Boomy rush

*you could have reseach something at the market at the begging....if you took 5 of gold you could get the food improve...

*if you wanna rush try not to age with toshugo shrines (they are used for booming)at least they were at the last patch...

*You forgot to keep making vills at 07:30, and at 10:30 your enemy had 36 vills, meanwhile you had 26...and he had more shrines...

*you did the right thing when you went to fortress, that was your only chance of wining after he boomed...so good job on this one thumb.gif

*on your second attack, your artillery was shooting on shrines, you should be shooting at infantry....don't attack building until your troops are superior than your enemy troops...in this case, the only thing you can shoot instead of shooting military units is vills, to make is eco worst..

*if you where intending to rush you should isolate on you consulate, but if you took the dutch to get gold to a ff you did the write choice...

as im not a japan player, i searched here at the mentoring page some mentor advice about the start at japan....read the post 13 of http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=358543
he said some good tips ...
and read this topic http://www.gamereplays.org/theasiandynasti...roving&st=0
when i was learning i read it and it was pretty usefull....if you wnat to get really good on this you will have to read somethings sometimes, its like study, i know its not the best part sad.gif , but try to read the lins that i post sometimes... biggrin.gif

well....this was the points i found...i hope im helping you...

This post has been edited by MTSP_Redivo: Apr 9 2008, 00:05 AM

+
# 11MTSP_Redivo Apr 8 2008, 23:56 PM
Hey Myrmecophaga, im waiting for your replays!!!!!! banana.gif

+
# 12MasterDragoon Apr 8 2008, 23:58 PM
yea that was great help...i age with the shrine cuz thats wat samwise advised me to do...
I thought of another strat where u can age with the pavilion and then make ashis instead of yumis. after u send 5 ashis u send ashi attack upgrade and then isolate in consulate. The ashis will then have 34 attack i think. Is this a better strat vs the toshugara shrine age up?
(the pavilion also increases attack)

This post has been edited by MasterDragoon: Apr 8 2008, 23:59 PM

+
# 13MTSP_Redivo Apr 9 2008, 00:13 AM
QUOTE(MasterDragoon @ Apr 8 2008, 23:58 PM) *

yea that was great help...i age with the shrine cuz thats wat samwise advised me to do...
I thought of another strat where u can age with the pavilion and then make ashis instead of yumis. after u send 5 ashis u send ashi attack upgrade and then isolate in consulate. The ashis will then have 34 attack i think. Is this a better strat vs the toshugara shrine age up?
(the pavilion also increases attack)

i think this might be a good rush strategy!!!use the toshugara shrine to boom and the pavillion to rush....i edited my post and add somethings....what you really need to improve is your deck...i dont know where mine print screen are going, so i cant post a picture of a good deck, so i will make a deck for you on my japan city, and then you see it at eso

+
# 14MasterDragoon Apr 9 2008, 00:18 AM
make sure it uses lower lvled cards since i dont have a high hc city
ahh...i should stop listening to music while i play tongue.gif ...very helpul guides. Thanks banana.gif

This post has been edited by MasterDragoon: Apr 9 2008, 00:40 AM

+
# 15MTSP_Redivo Apr 9 2008, 00:48 AM
Feel free to post as many replays as you want!!!

+
# 16MTSP_Redivo Apr 9 2008, 04:05 AM
This was my first game with Portuguese, so dont expect much, but i posted so you can see...is a really hard civ to play...i will try to improve my skills with this civ, so i can help you more thebigant...i will watch some games...i liked their explorer...it seems to me that it is stronger then the other European explorer....
so cyu tomorow

Attached File(s)
Attached File __MTSP__Redivo_Portuguese__Vs__MTSP__Master_Cesar_Portuguese____Yukon___Supremacy_.age3Yrec
Size: 454.65k
Number of downloads: 54
Player Name Side Team
[MTSP] Redivo 1
[MTSP] Master_Cesar 2

+
# 17MTSP_Redivo Apr 9 2008, 06:13 AM
Thats a japan game, and im also starting to play with this civ....it was way better than my Portuguese tried, but it still not good.....it was against a pr30, so its a good game anyway....he went ff and i knew he was gonna do that because i looked at his deck, and it was a ff deck, but i dont know how to go ff with japan, so i decided to boom....he made howdahs and mahouts, and i did yumis, samurais and ashis....i lost when he came with 2 falconets, i was really not expecting that...
i should have the card that makes samurai faster, but as im starting with this civ i just realized that after i played....howdahs own samurai doing micro...
so master try to watch if you can, at least the first 20 minutes, that is not much to watch after that......

Attached File(s)
Attached File __MTSP__Redivo_Japanese__Vs__SkHrS__sang0490_Indian____Great_Lakes___Supremacy_.age3Yrec
Size: 499.37k
Number of downloads: 53
Player Name Side Team
[MTSP] Redivo 1
[SkHrS] sang0490 2

+
# 18Myrmecophaga Apr 9 2008, 08:21 AM
Here's a game I played yesterday. Although I did win, it was a fairly ugly spectacle at the end, with me just spamming units with a superior economy. I thought he would FF, so didn't so much as send a Card in Discovery. I ended up loosing my first TC, but he lost most of his army, and was an age behind, so I could easily recover/ gain an advantage.

This post has been edited by Myrmecophaga: Apr 9 2008, 08:23 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File TheBigAnt_Port_vs_CHA__Germ_Yukon.age3Yrec
Size: 456.54k
Number of downloads: 51
Player Name Side Team
[A414A] ThebigAnt 1
[Proud] CHA_ 2

+
# 19MTSP_Redivo Apr 9 2008, 16:38 PM
GG TheNigAnt, good job bringing hunt to your tc, and collecting treasures...
you took sometime to ask your cards, you should have done it before, you had 3 cards, when you have a card you must use straight away...
Nice map control also....even with that tc down, the other ones controlled most of the mines and hunt of the game...
i've watch some Portuguese replays and they usually ask for an eco card as they first card, this should be good to you...
when you saw that your tc was going down, you should have send your vills earlier to the other tc...
and use your vills to attack the enemy is harmless unless you are using French...what was your enemy pr???
In your 5Th card, you should have ask for the cav(i think its mamelukos the name) card instead of the one you did(sorry, i dont know the name in english), it would me much more useful, as he didnt had any anticav since you killed his pikies..i saw that you got the wrong card even before i saw your battle against him...the other mistake was that you had a far superior eco, but you did not used it....by 10 min you always had resources that if used, would have gave you the military advantage....you took too long to build your rax...your main problem its the macro, not the micro...you need to learn how to manage your resources better, and how to manage your eco as well...that were times on the game that you had too many gold, or too many food...i will say again that is pointless have unexpended resources....you could have win this game much earlier....i know portuguese are not an easy civ to manage, but you got improve anyway, if you want to be a better player...that were the main problems i founded in your game...i will not be able to be online because i m sending my computer to fix a sound problem today...i tell you guys when im back....cya

+
# 20Myrmecophaga Apr 9 2008, 17:12 PM
With regards to the Eco shipments, they take quite a while to actually break even with a fort shipment, ie more than 12 mins, and so isn't probably better to not play the Eco Theory, and instead save a shipment for the Fortress age... of course, I have to use it in the fortress age.

The reason I used my vils to attack the enemy units was that they could push the Xbow to below the point where the TC could kill them with one shot.

The cav is mamalukes, the infantry mercenary is corsairs.

btw his PR was 23, so the same as mine.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)