Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

AceKiller14, ivjo31/IvanS, Brantar/Ediddy & Sha...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Myrmecophaga Jun 15 2008, 09:44 AM
Good Luck!

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 2Shadoxlamer :) Jun 15 2008, 13:19 PM
Well... I have 2 accounts, 1 as Shadoxbomber, and my smurf, LuCaRiO17, add both to friends then most likely u'll see lucario on because I play that more often atm.

So tell me your weaknesses what civs you want to learn, what strats u may want to learn and post recordings of your self so i can tell u what to do next time.

numchuks.gif idk... i got bored and put a smilie here tongue.gif

+
# 3ivjo31 Jun 17 2008, 20:28 PM
Hi,

I used to be an Ottoman player and I liked to do a double rax in plain van and FF Jans+Fal/Spahis in TAD. Now I am using more of french/German especially in team games. French I normally go for Husser Semi-FF and then use curs/falcons. German I normally go for mass Uhlan -->mercs in team game, Xbows+pikes in 1 on 1. I would also like to learn civs such as India/China.

I will try to post my game asap but I didnt have a chance lately, hope this will work well.

+
# 4Shadoxlamer :) Jun 17 2008, 20:53 PM
QUOTE(ivjo31 @ Jun 17 2008, 16:28 PM) *

Hi,

I used to be an Ottoman player and I liked to do a double rax in plain van and FF Jans+Fal/Spahis in TAD. Now I am using more of french/German especially in team games. French I normally go for Husser Semi-FF and then use curs/falcons. German I normally go for mass Uhlan -->mercs in team game, Xbows+pikes in 1 on 1. I would also like to learn civs such as India/China.

I will try to post my game asap but I didnt have a chance lately, hope this will work well.

Well get on ESO more often so we can play an unrated game, I'll record it then post here what you should do and work on.

+
# 5AceKiller14 Jun 19 2008, 06:04 AM
Sorry if I haven't been on lately.

I'll try to get on tomorrow. Civs I use are mostly all China and sometimes Dutch.

+
# 6DanaEileithyia Jun 19 2008, 14:25 PM
Brantar added as mentee smile.gif!

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 7Shadoxlamer :) Jun 19 2008, 15:36 PM
Ok so post some recordings, so I can reveiw em eh?

Well in a different style of reveiw, the un-professional way wink.gif

Also here's some tips for China:
-When rushing age with Summer Palace.(400 food shipment is usefull + provides steady but slow production of 1 banner army)
-Disicples are still useful, they are quick training cavalry which all anti cav get a lesser bonus vs light infantry(other term for cavalry but lesser), disicples cost 80 food and train extremly quick and do good damage and don't forget criticals.
-When you start to make alot of disicples build a monastery to boost them some more and even your monk if you want.
-When you're rushing and you're making disciples at the same time, put your monk in standby mode right behind your army so he doesn't get attacked or gets into a agressive type sitatuion.
-Versus most RI(Ranged Infantry) civs like, Dutch, Brit, German, or French make Standard army rather than Old Han army... The army it self costs 10 less total as well as gold being faster gathered than wood, steppes also have the same attack vs RI like hussars just not vs Heavy Infatry as well as them having lower hp, but they're under 100 cost...
-If you are FF'ing make Temple of Heaven to Fortress(I still recommend summer palace to colonial.), you get a 6 vill shipment and a 50% recover for your army when you need it, if you feel you are going to get rushed hard age with White Pagoda, as I said disicples are still useful(remember to keep monk alive!)
-Porcelian Tower is only good when going to Fort or higher ages now... they really nerfed it's colonial type boost

Well that's the basic parts of china for the moment.

+
# 8Brantar Jun 19 2008, 15:47 PM
Thanks a lot Dana.

Hi Shadox,
Thanks a lot for doing this. My name is Ryan, and I'm from Wisconsin. I just got out of school for the summer and haven't played since December. Give me a couple games to re-acquaint myself with the game and I will post a rec. My PR is 21, but it'll surely go down when I start playing again. I'll add you as a friend and maybe I'll see you on sometime. ESO name is Ediddy.

-Ryan

+
# 9AceKiller14 Jun 19 2008, 17:52 PM
QUOTE(Shadoxlamer :) @ Jun 19 2008, 11:36 AM) *

Ok so post some recordings, so I can reveiw em eh?

Well in a different style of reveiw, the un-professional way wink.gif

Also here's some tips for China:
-When rushing age with Summer Palace.(400 food shipment is usefull + provides steady but slow production of 1 banner army)
-Disicples are still useful, they are quick training cavalry which all anti cav get a lesser bonus vs light infantry(other term for cavalry but lesser), disicples cost 80 food and train extremly quick and do good damage and don't forget criticals.
-When you start to make alot of disicples build a monastery to boost them some more and even your monk if you want.
-When you're rushing and you're making disciples at the same time, put your monk in standby mode right behind your army so he doesn't get attacked or gets into a agressive type sitatuion.
-Versus most RI(Ranged Infantry) civs like, Dutch, Brit, German, or French make Standard army rather than Old Han army... The army it self costs 10 less total as well as gold being faster gathered than wood, steppes also have the same attack vs RI like hussars just not vs Heavy Infatry as well as them having lower hp, but they're under 100 cost...
-If you are FF'ing make Temple of Heaven to Fortress(I still recommend summer palace to colonial.), you get a 6 vill shipment and a 50% recover for your army when you need it, if you feel you are going to get rushed hard age with White Pagoda, as I said disicples are still useful(remember to keep monk alive!)
-Porcelian Tower is only good when going to Fort or higher ages now... they really nerfed it's colonial type boost

Well that's the basic parts of china for the moment.

Pretty basic stuff.

What I do is:

-Collect crates.
-Send 2 vills to wood and 2 to food. Leave the rest 2 vills collecting.
-Once crates collected, make a village with 1 vill and rest on food except the 2 vills on wood. TC gather point should be on food.
-Once 200 wood is reached with the 2 vills make another village. Once made, all vills should be on food. First card should be vill card (villages muster 1 vill).
-Once 800 food is reached (should have around 16-17 vills), age with Summer Palace with 5 vills. Leave 4 vills on food and send the rest on wood. If going to rush with Standard Army, put 1 or 2 vills from wood to gold. TC should make vills on food.
-Once aged, collect 500 food, and build a barracks with the wood collected. Second card should be 7 Steppes (if rushing with Old Han) or 9 Qiang (if rushing with Standard). If going Old Han, should have 10 vills or so on food, and 8 or so on wood. Vill production is steady and arrange vills on food to wood 60:40. If going Standard, have 3 or so on wood for village production, 10 or so on food, and 5 or so on coin.
-Third card can be any of the military shipments that are left. Attack around 7:00-7:30. Make a Consulate with any extra wood left and ally with Germans.

Mostly what I do.

+
# 10Shadoxlamer :) Jun 19 2008, 19:04 PM
QUOTE(AceKiller14 @ Jun 19 2008, 13:52 PM) *

Pretty basic stuff.

What I do is:

-Collect crates.
-Send 2 vills to wood and 2 to food. Leave the rest 2 vills collecting.
-Once crates collected, make a village with 1 vill and rest on food except the 2 vills on wood. TC gather point should be on food.
-Once 200 wood is reached with the 2 vills make another village. Once made, all vills should be on food. First card should be vill card (villages muster 1 vill).
-Once 800 food is reached (should have around 16-17 vills), age with Summer Palace with 5 vills. Leave 4 vills on food and send the rest on wood. If going to rush with Standard Army, put 1 or 2 vills from wood to gold. TC should make vills on food.
-Once aged, collect 500 food, and build a barracks with the wood collected. Second card should be 7 Steppes (if rushing with Old Han) or 9 Qiang (if rushing with Standard). If going Old Han, should have 10 vills or so on food, and 8 or so on wood. Vill production is steady and arrange vills on food to wood 60:40. If going Standard, have 3 or so on wood for village production, 10 or so on food, and 5 or so on coin.
-Third card can be any of the military shipments that are left. Attack around 7:00-7:30. Make a Consulate with any extra wood left and ally with Germans.

Mostly what I do.

Well I'd say that's good but I would ally with british instead, 10% more hp is always useful and the redcoats are pretty good.

Post up a rec and I'll see other things you should work on smile.gif

+
# 11Brantar Jun 20 2008, 05:32 AM
Attached File PortFF.age3yrec
Size: 382.91k
Number of downloads: 46
Player Name Side Team
Ediddy 1
Lord_ReZ 2

Here's my first attempt at 1v1 with ports. Sadly the guy quit after 6 minutes, but there is still much for me to learn even within this first 6 minutes. Was this a decent attempt at a FF? How is the TC placement? And most importanty, resource management?

This post has been edited by Brantar: Jun 21 2008, 01:29 AM

+
# 12Brantar Jun 20 2008, 05:36 AM
Hmm, looks like I don't know how to post games sad.gif

+
# 13AceKiller14 Jun 20 2008, 05:55 AM
Germans help more than Brits with the trickle only for export and cheaper armies which can save loads of resources. Also, those Zweihanders can become a great boost to your Pikemen army and that 300 export card is really helpful.

Brits good to ally with when playing as India.

This post has been edited by AceKiller14: Jun 20 2008, 05:55 AM

+
# 14Shadoxlamer :) Jun 20 2008, 14:40 PM
QUOTE(Brantar @ Jun 20 2008, 01:36 AM) *

Hmm, looks like I don't know how to post games sad.gif

Before pressing add reply, there is something above it, it says file attachments, then browse, click on browse, then go to you age of empires 3 folder, go to savegame and upload .ageyrec

Your last recorded game will be Recordgame1.ageyrec

@acekiller14, well Imo, if you are going full on colonial british are better most likely because you are pressuring more often and you'd need that boost of hp AND musketeers(which of you get 6) are and all around unit not only serving as anti cavalry but also a softening to the other infantry.

Germans for semi-FF tongue.gif

+
# 15Brantar Jun 20 2008, 15:36 PM
QUOTE(Shadoxlamer :) @ Jun 20 2008, 08:40 AM) *

Before pressing add reply, there is something above it, it says file attachments, then browse, click on browse, then go to you age of empires 3 folder, go to savegame and upload .ageyrec

Your last recorded game will be Recordgame1.ageyrec

@acekiller14, well Imo, if you are going full on colonial british are better most likely because you are pressuring more often and you'd need that boost of hp AND musketeers(which of you get 6) are and all around unit not only serving as anti cavalry but also a softening to the other infantry.

Germans for semi-FF tongue.gif

I did that but it said, you are not allowed to upload a file with that extension.

+
# 16Shadoxlamer :) Jun 20 2008, 16:56 PM
QUOTE(Brantar @ Jun 20 2008, 11:36 AM) *

I did that but it said, you are not allowed to upload a file with that extension.

Are you sure it ended with .ageyrec????

It must have that at the end.

+
# 17Brantar Jun 21 2008, 01:31 AM
Ok, I got it, edited in above post. Problem was that it wasn't labeled .age3yrec in the folder (i kept modifying afterward in the browser, stupid mistake) It is above and I appreciate you looking at it.

-Ryan

+
# 18Shadoxlamer :) Jun 21 2008, 15:09 PM
Ok tc placement was good, yet some small mistakes, but I can't comment too much as it was only 6 min.

-In the beginning try to shoot more than 1-2 hunts and spread your vills on to those hunts somewhat equally, since incoming villagers will have interference when walking to that hunt.

-Make a market and research gang saw asap in transition to the colonial age for a 10% cheap boost to chopping, instead of 0.5 per second you'll get 0.55, not much more but it is something and it is fairly cheap.

-Put a few more on gold so you can FF asap, and when your crates of 500 food come put 1 vill immediatly to gather that.

Give more recs(and longer ones lol) and I'll give more comments/tips :P

+
# 19Shadoxlamer :) Jun 22 2008, 01:17 AM
ok ... well idk if any of u play treaty, but here's a 20 minute treaty game as i an m serg vs a general(pycho_beast) play.... complete ego post lol, but download and maybe learn about the strat in supremacy form, it's originally a sup form strat but i just extended it with factories this time tongue.gif and 3 tc ofc

So... I don't really like re-naming my recs so just rename it when ur saving it to ur folder.

Attached File(s)
Attached File Record_Game_1.age3Yrec
Size: 382.54k
Number of downloads: 54
Player Name Side Team
[~TAE~] Pycho_Beast 1
[Cola_] LuCaRiO17 2

+
# 20Shadoxlamer :) Jun 22 2008, 01:22 AM
Ok ivan u wanted to see a french rec, I have fairly good micro here, french mirror at one point which u told me about, i beat hussars with pure xbow using a specific micro, watch the game from both Pov's because RobEW plays like a 1st lt not a 2nd lt so yea you can learn from both of us.

This post has been edited by Shadoxlamer :): Jun 22 2008, 01:22 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File ___French_Mirror.age3Yrec
Size: 437.63k
Number of downloads: 41
Player Name Side Team
[Cola_] LuCaRiO17 1
[Fénix] RobEW 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)